Now, we know that Kaladin and Shallan are Surgebinders. We also know that Kaladin could do with a sparring partner, and, as stated in one of the preview chapters, that partner should be one of equal or greater skill/strength. Well, that'd be hard to do, but perhaps he could spar with Shallan—sort of, anyway—and she could practice her lightweaving powers too.

By making light replicas of herself holding...

...a Shardblade, perhaps? Be extra tricky to find out who the real one is. He couldn't just let the swords fly, because if it were real he'd die.

Blinkblinkblinkblinkblinkblinkblinkblinkblinkblinkblinkblinkblinkblink.

Then she draws every frame and makes an animated Shardbearer's duel.

She'll draw it in the lower right corner of all the sheets in her sketch pad and then "zip" through them like riffing a pack of card, just like I did in grade school .... except my sketches were of Tank Wars.

She'll draw it in the lower right corner of all the sheets in her sketch pad and then "zip" through them like riffing a pack of card, just like I did in grade school .... except my sketches were of Tank Wars.

She doesn't have to see them. She just has to have drawn them at one point in time.

I feel like the only sparring between Kaladin and Shallan would be bedroom PvP.

Spilled my coffee with this one o.O =)

We don't know if she only can make frozen images, maybe after she draw the thing as a base she could "improve on it" making the thing move.

I would prefer Kaladin sparing with Adolin, Renarin or Amaram (in this order). After all Kal need get ready to the Assassin 47 =)

Edited by Natans

• Chaos locked this topic