Theories on how Odium shattered Honor and its effects

Arook

What if Odium shattered Honor without first killing the holder of the shard? That way he would not pick up the shard and have its intent added to his current shard. 

How could honor create the message that Dalinar sees in his vision? What if he created it after the shard was shattered but before his power was dispersed and he died? We know that the physical body is kept in a kind of limbo and sustained by the shard. Maybe he he imprinted this as part of his dying thoughts on the power or even that he is still partially in existence somewhere?( maybe body stuck in the spiritual realm unable to reform and die fully)

If Honor's shattering left a large amount of unguided energy like left on Sel, that could explain why the storms are so strong. The  Dor it is described as a massive amount of spiritual energy that is trying to break through when an Elantrian draws an Aon. Part of Honor's energy could be being blasted out through the storm like the Dor trys to escape on Sel. Where cultivation then binds the extra energy and creates spren. That is why spren are both of Honor and Cultivation. It would also make sense why there are no spren in Shinovar.

It also explains why we never see a Spren in the past. Interesting idea, I'm not sure I buy the whole thing, but I've always wondered if we know for sure that Tanavast died before or after Honor was Splintered. He does expressly say "Odium killed me" so I doubt Tanavast is still around, but I guess it is possible.

They could also be vastly different. Maybe spren are all invisible; maybe only the one Bonding can see them. Maybe they're giant (well, human-sized) like Sylphrena got that one time.

That does make sense it is also possible that there are some people back then that could see them so that knowledge of them would have been possible but not common.

• Chaos locked this topic