Could the Tranquiline Halls be on Yolen?

Worldhopper

I'm not sure if this theory already exist, more than likely it does, but I couldn't find anything on my 'quick search/scan' through the forum. But I remember reading somewhere that someone suggested Hoid may have known the Heralds. Hoid seems to have a concern for the people of Roshar and on other Shardworlds. Could it be because of whatever happened on Yolen (perhaps the shattering of Adonalsium) which resulted in humans fleeing this world and creating such myths as the Vorin belief on Roshar of having been cast out of the Traquiline Halls which could potentially just have been a name for a place on Yolen.

Its been a while since I visited the forums or reread the TWoK so if my theory is already well considered or established or even contains major flaws I'd appreciate being steered in the right direction.

Thanks.

It's a possibility, but we just don't know enough.

Basically, the idea that the Tranquiline Halls were another world has been bandied about quite a bit, especially given how different humans are from the other creatures on Roshar. Candidates for said world have been thrown around, but there's practically no evidence as to which one it would have been. Yolen is possible, but far from the only choice.

As far as I know, that's where most people leave it.

It's a possibility, but we just don't know enough.

Basically, the idea that the Tranquiline Halls were another world has been bandied about quite a bit, especially given how different humans are from the other creatures on Roshar. Candidates for said world have been thrown around, but there's practically no evidence as to which one it would have been. Yolen is possible, but far from the only choice.

As far as I know, that's where most people leave it.

I guess you’re your right. Any theories on this subject will just have to remain just that I guess until more evidence becomes available. Yet on my next reread I’m going to really pay attention to anything with Hoid or the Heralds or the Tranquiline Halls in it and keep this theory heavily in mind.

Ardents, at least, equate the Tranquiline halls with the Spiritual Realm, or at the very least think it's located there. The original myth could be about Yolen, I suppose.

WoK 711:

“Besides, what good will a cook be in the Spiritual Realm?”

“Heralds need food,” [Geranid] said absently, scratching out a line on her writing board, then scribbling another line of numbers beneath it.

“Do they?” Ashir asked. “I’ve never been convinced. Oh, I’ve read the speculations, but it just doesn't seem rational to me. The body must be fed in the Physical Realm, but the spirit exists in a completely different state.”

“A state of ideals,” she replied. “So, you could create ideal foods, perhaps.”

Edited by Kurkistan

Ardents, at least, equate the Tranquiline halls with the Spiritual Realm, or at the very least think it's located there. The original myth could be about Yolen, I suppose.

Good catch. It's an interesting tidbit about their belief, if nothing else.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic