Crossover characters.

Nepene

http://www.theoryland.com/intvmain.php?i=763

Lexie

Will there be other crossover characters like Hoid?

Brandon Sanderson

There already have been.

LEXIE

Really?

BRANDON SANDERSONM

Yes.

LEXIE

Can you tell?

BRANDON SANDERSON

I cannot say more than that, I think that they�re placed quite obviously, they were not very obvious before this book, they do exist, other crossovers do exist. But none so obvious as Hoid. I think there are several obvious ones in this novel, no one has yet found them that I know, but I think once they see them- once you look closely they�re there

Given that, I thought it would be a good idea to go through all the characters and try to find out who is a cross over character.

My method of doing this is to to go letter by letter through every character, see if it's all probable they are a crossover character, and then and note their key adjectives, motives for crossing over, and any powers they have. I'll put pretty colors in for people to look at.

I'd appreciate anyone else's aid in doing this, doing anyone. Just look at the character, check the chapters they're in, note down any adjectives used about them, anything to do with cognition, anything to do with religion, any key facts.

Long term we could check over several books and see if the same adjectives were used for them.

http://stormlightarchive.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Characters

1. Adis. Dead bridgeman, no adjectives. Unlikely candidate.

2. Adolin Kholin. Highprince Dalinar 's son and Renarin's elder brother. He is 23 years old. Shardbearer, royalty, likes showing off, honorable. Unlikely candidate.

3. Aladar is a Highprince of Alethkar. He wants to take a vacation. No adjectives. Unimportant, unlikely candidate.

4. Alakavish was a surgebinder. Mentioned by Nohadon, nahal bond to a spren which wasn't an honorspren, unwise. Allure among common people, started a war and blamed by other characters for it. Likely a popularist military leader who started a war with his super powers that ruined the people before the desolation. Could be a crossover character, no evidence of such.

5. Amaram. Highmarshal for Sadeas, protects his lands. Commander of Kaladin, viewed as honorable and honest, stole Kaladin's shardsword for the greater good. His standard is a dark green glyphpair shaped like a whitespine with tusks upraised. Merem and khakh, honor and determination. Tall man. Shardbearer. Could be a crossover character, no evidence of such.

6. Amark. Sniffly, sheepish. Dead bridgerunner, thief. May be different characters. Unlikely candidate.

7. Arik. Dead bridgeman, no adjectives. Unlikely candidate.

8. Ashlv, no adjectives, Tozbek's wife. Unlikely candidate.

9. Ashno the Sage. Rich religious man, art destroyed by Mistress. Unlikely candidate.

10. Au-nak. Natan man, visiting dignitory, Vorin family, bluish skin and stark white hair, two locks dyed a deep red and braided down to hang alongside his cheeks. Believes all conflicts are economic, not religious. Knows a city is a dawnsinger built one, dismissive to religious cults, defensive of family. Unusually smart, slightly above average chance of being a crossover character.

11. Av. Black 'dark skinned' Emuli man, cousin of Baxil servant of a mysterious crossover possible woman who destroys artwork of rich men. Has a thick bladed sword. Lots of relatives. Native, unlikely candidate.

x. Mistress. Dark skinned, black haired, tall and lean, good ears, mixed breed, trousers, thin blade, violet eyes. Wonderful, intoxicating, overwhelming. Believes stealing is wrong, destroys rich men's art. Associated with Nightwatcher. May be crossover character, is significant.

12. Axies the Collector. Scholar of spren, Siah Aimian race with magical blue skin which was recently exterminated, followed by curse of kind (nightwatcher curse?). Can transform self to some degree. Casts shadow the wrong way. High chance of being crossover character, scholars are smart, has an understanding of cognition and so may be able to plane hop through cognitive plane. No age mentioned, no parents mentioned, race destroyed so he is a relic of the past. May be a voidbringer or a herald as beggar says so- not exclusive, heralds may have been corrupted. Enjoys beer, ale, imprisoned regularly. Crossover potential.

B

13. Baxil. See Av. Not a candidate.

14. Bethab. Not baxil, despite what wiki says. Highprince, values word of wife. Unlikely candidate.

C

15. Cenn. Cowardly fifteen year old who reminded Kaladin of Tien. Killed by Shardbearer. Unlikely candidate.

16. Corl. Another no adjective dead bridgeman near the front. Unlikely candidate.

17. Cusicesh, the Protector. Massive blue ocean spren. Comes at the same time every day to show a myriad of male and female faces. Only spren of its type. Perhaps a manifestation of Honor or Cultivation? If so, may be crossover character.

D

17. Dabbid. Younger man, saved by Kaladin. Mute, moolie, battle shock. Unlikely candidate.

18. Dalinar Alethi Highprince, viewpoint character, drunk when Gavilar killed, bears shardblade oathbringer, rides Gallant, received nightbring old magic blessing and curse of loss of memory about wife. Called blackthorn for his dueling skill, follows Alethi way of war (honor books). Visions of Honor. Unlikely candidate, established history in world.

19. Dallet. Grey and black haired veteran, gruff, mountainous, confident. Second of Kaladin. Killed by shardbearer. Unlikely candidate.

20. Drehy. He was a lanky blond man, long-limbed and muscled from Rianel who was a Bridgeman under Kaladin. Generous, quick to learn the spear. Unlikely candidate.

21. Dunny. Youthful faced bridgeman under Kaladin. Good tenor singer, natural poet. Apprentice. Violet eyes from Veden heritage. Died to arrows on raid. Caused moral crisis for Kaladin, worry about losing men, prompted him to discover how to use stormlight.

xx. Jasnah. Gavilar Kholin's daughter, powerful cognitive magics especially Vapor, Spark, and Lucentia (light), historian and scholar, likes music history and philosophy and hates art like Mistress. Tall, slender, pale skin, violet eyes, black hair, waist length hair, squarish face. Many enemies, unmarried. Stubborn. Deep blue dress. Made magic bows, numerous super scientific advances. Sought Veristitalian, truth in the past. Cosmere aware. Fond of dust, hates jam. Can transform people with magic, normally only possible for slivers. A monster and a hero. High probability crossover as she is cosmere aware, has cognitive magics, and has a hyperaware daddy.

x. Nightwatcher. Has a black sphere, male or female, brings death and lies, backside stinks, has old magic, may be Odium, assumed to be a spren, likes treachery, gives boons, gives you what you want and a curse, dead people dine with the Nightwatcher if they are not heralds. If Odium, definite crossover character.

Edited by Nepene

Jasnah is not Taravingian's daughter. She is (I think?) Elkohar's sister and Dalinar's niece.

That being said, I wouldn't be shocked to learn she's a worldhopper. Axies the Collector seems like a good bet too.

Edited by Inkthinker

Hey Nepene, I was on the SA wiki and noticed that Aetherstorm was making edits there. You know that this is our wiki, right? Or were you there intentionally?

I wasn't aware, no. I could copy pasta some of the new information across. I've updated quite a few minor characters.

• Chaos locked this topic