Adonalsium Theory

Haradion Drogon

I have stayed out of the Adonalsium theories, for the sole reason, that whilst I have read all of the cosmere novels (Aside from Emperor's Soul) I have not felt confident in any of my theories, nor have do I know all of the Q&As in which Brandon may have answered any of these. However, I have this suggestion. About the nature of Hoid and of Adonalsium.

What if Adonalsium, was in essence, the first Shard, behaving like the others, with its intent being Creation, or something similar. We know there was life before the Shards came into being, and we know that Hoid was at the shattering (or at least close after it).

What, if Hoid was the Shardbearer of Adonalsium? Or at least, its pre-Shattering equivilant.

At the shattering, he lost all his powers to the form we see him now. He is, in essence, the original Shardbearer.

Its my first theory I have shown here, so please let me know what you think.

Hoid has his own origin story as a human person, if I recall correctly, and was present at the Shattering. He also knew at least some of the original Shardholders (Rayse, Ati, and Leras) personally (assuming he wrote The Letter), so I doubt that that knowledge came from a quick ascend-descend cycle ala Daniel Jackson.

I suppose he could have lived as a human, taken up Adonalsium (though where it would come from and why he would have an opportunity to take hold of it would be a good question), and then failed and Shattered, surviving the process--as well as learning the personalities of several of the next-gen Shardholders at some point along the way. I do doubt that option, though.

Welcome to the madness, by the way. :D

Edited by Kurkistan

• Chaos locked this topic