Am I reading too much into this specific comment?

Asperity

So in this Q&A, question 30... Brandon is talking about Cosmere origins, and we arrive at this snippet:

It started with Elantris, which is the first one that I wrote in the Cosmere and right after it Dragonsteel, which is actually a prequel but in a different universe.

Now, since Dragonsteel is a prequel before the Shattering(?), what if Adonalsium's Shattering created a new universe (or alternate universe), a la Big Bang, or something? Or maybe I have the context all wrong.

If this hasn't been mentioned already, then it's something to think about I guess.

Edited by Kythis

Peter had said this comment meant "world", not universe. It was poorly phrased.

EDIT: Specifically, this right here:

I figure pre-Shard and post-Shard Cosmere can be considered two different universes, since the fundamental rules are different in each.

I highly doubt that; I feel the rules for Investiture and magic will be pretty much the same. If anything, the fundamental mystery of "how Adonalsium shattered" will be logical and build into the overarching theory of magic.

Edited by Chaos

Peter had said this comment meant "world", not universe. It was poorly phrased.

EDIT: Specifically, this right here:

I highly doubt that; I feel the rules for Investiture and magic will be pretty much the same. If anything, the fundamental mystery of "how Adonalsium shattered" will be logical and build into the overarching theory of magic.

Okay. Just a miswording. Thanks for clearing that up.

Feel free to delete the thread. I would if I were able to.