Timeline

Zas678

So Brandon said that so far all of the books have been written in order cronologically. He also says that since he's writing the Stormlight Archies, that isn't going to be true, that some books he publishes will be out of order.

Now, let's establish the timeline of Hoid's travels-

Elantris-3 months (Hrathen's letter)

Final Empire- 1 year

(1 year break, mistborn time)

Well of Ascension-1 year

1 year break, mistbron time

Hero of Ages- 1 yearish, though I actually think less this time.

Warbreaker- 3 monthsish

(mysterious 5 year break)

Elantris 2- (from reports that it will be 10 years after Elantris 1)

WoK

Well technically, it could be pretty much anything except for between the Mistborn books. For example, setting the start of Elantris as the year 0:

Elantris: 0

Final Empire: 6,387,298,305,934,820

Well of Ascension: 6,387,298,305,934,822

Hero of Ages: 6,387,298,305,934,824

Warbreaker: 6,387,567,920,390,136

Elantris 2: 10

WoK:  6,387,567,920,390,136 (Yes this is the same year as Warbreaker.....so what?)

Point being, it's really difficult to do anything useful with this until we know how long has passed between books. If we could get a straight answer out of Brandon about that, though, I can see this being interesting and fairly useful.

Well if they are in chronological order so far, which brandon said, than that means that FE- Warbreaker have to be inside the 10 year gap of Elantris and Elantris 2. Since he wrote WoK earlier than he planned, that could be anytime.

"17th Shard: Ok. Next question. How is The Way of Kings related to the rest of the Cosmere? What point in time is it?

Brandon: Oh, so far I have um

They are in order so far. Brandon mentioned that he's skipped books, though. Everything that's been published is in order, but that says nothing about Elantris 2. I'm not quite sure where you're getting that FE-Warbreaker has to be inside that 10 year gap.

I think that it seems likely that they would come within that 10 years, but it's not necessarily the case. For all we know, it could have been hundreds of years, or hundreds of centuries, after the events in Elantris or Elantris 2 that Warbreaker takes place.

But I still think that it's likely that that they would at least be fairly close together. I've been wrong before, though.

I don't think that it will all be this close together. Look at the mistborn triologies-to-be. They won't be for a couple hundred years. I just think that this section is, based on his statement that he skipped some books chronologically that he will write in the future, because he decided to write Way of Kings now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic