[OB] Nightblood and the Fused

Child of Hodor

Nightblood consumes investiture from his victims (and wielder). If Nightblood were to be stabbed into a Fused would it consume whatever investiture Odium gave them that makes them respawn endlessly?

We don't know exactly what Odium did to the souls of the dead ancient Singers that made them immortal, but it seems like one way to put an end to them. Perhaps they would need to be stabbed right in the gemheart where the Voidspren is stored in order for Nightblood to consume them. Otherwise they might be able to escape.  

If I'm understanding the Fused correctly they're not actually respawning, they actually Cognitive Shadows that take over the body of a willing Parshemn. So would Nightblood take away investiture that let's them respawn? Maaaaaybe? We don't actually know how they stop their cognitive shadows from dissapearing into the Beyond (as far as I know anyway).

However, again iirc, Nightblood cuts in all three Realms, so maybe instead of taking investiture that let's the Fused Cognitive Shadows stay, it'll just destroy the Cognitive Shadows out right.

Yes, I agree that they possess new bodies, killing the host. I was being cute by saying respawn, but that's not the most accurate term. 

The Fused seem like "cognitive shadows plus". The plus being whatever Odium did to them that makes them not pass on after the body is dead and be able to possess new bodies. I assume it involves investiture, but don't know exactly what it is.

If Nightblood is able to consume the cognitive shadow itself, that's even better than consuming whatever power Odium gave them to keep their cognitive shadow around. Either way I think he may be able to "solve" the problem of the Fused permanently. 

Edited by Child of Hodor
Secret History Spoilers

I absolutely believe any Fused killed by Nightblood are permanently destroyed. What he does is drain all investure from whatever/whoever it touches. The problem is how hard it is to safely use Nightblood. I'd love to see the reaction of the Fused when they realize they can actually permanently die now :P

As an aside, I'm disappointed we didn't get to see Nightblood vs Shardblade clash, I was curious what would happen.

13 minutes ago, WhiteLeeopard said:

I absolutely believe any Fused killed by Nightblood are permanently destroyed. What he does is drain all investure from whatever/whoever it touches. The problem is how hard it is to safely use Nightblood. I'd love to see the reaction of the Fused when they realize they can actually permanently die now :P

As an aside, I'm disappointed we didn't get to see Nightblood vs Shardblade clash, I was curious what would happen.

Curious? 

I’d be horrified. I don’t want to see an innocent Spren permanently destroyed :(

Cuz I reckon Nightblood would destroy a common shardblade. It’s not guaranteed, but it’s probable. 

Just now, Ookla the Idiopathic said:

Curious? 

I’d be horrified. I don’t want to see an innocent Spren permanently destroyed :(

Cuz I reckon Nightblood would destroy a common shardblade. It’s not guaranteed, but it’s probable. 

Thats likely...but I doubt it would happen in a single blow, and it'd be nice to know for...research purposes :P.

Also, I think Malata's punishment for been a traitor to the KR while pretending to be friendly should be to have her spren killed by Nightblood :ph34r:, before she gets executed herself. I may be a bit bloodthirsty, but it seems unfair for Malata to be punished yet her spren who pushed her to do it to walk away unharmed.

• Chaos locked this topic