Towers of Midnight

Phoenix373

Hey guys.  Let us speculate on why Brandon and Tor would have chosen to put the release of ToM over Halloween!  Sadness :(  This means waiting in line for more than a day is probably just not gonna happen.  I don't want to miss Halloween......  I don't know.  What do you guys think?

I wouldn't worry too much about waiting in line for forever and a day. I doubt there will be too many more people there than there were for the way of kings release. If you want a number in the top fifty, be there early the morning of and you'll probably be ok. If you want a really low number, that's gonna be a problem. Several days in advance would be a good bet.

I got my ticket for Way of Kings at 6 at night and I got #96. After the initial rush, they don't have all that many people until later in the day.

As to why they chose to put the release over halloween, um.... nothing else big was published that week? They thought it was a good day? It's the first Tuesday in November? I really got nothing here.

It's almost exactly a year since The Gathering Storm was released?

If they don't release it in November, then they have to delay it until like February?

I'm not worried though, the store I went to still had plenty of copies of The Gathering Storm when I went to get it the day of, and there wasn't any line at all.

I'm game to meet up with people, though I'd have to go to classes during the day. But I'd come wait in line before eight with all of you, and get numbers so we're all relatively close together in line and can talk.

Who's actually planning on being there? And what obscenely early time would you all want me to show up?

There's not really any mystery to it being over Halloween, I should think. It's merely the fact that it was always slated for early November release, and this is the first Tuesday of November.

Nothing mysterious there :P

• 2 weeks later...

There's not really any mystery to it being over Halloween, I should think. It's merely the fact that it was always slated for early November release, and this is the first Tuesday of November.

Nothing mysterious there ;)

I agree. I think it happenstance that it ended up over Halloween.

Seeing those of you who are planning to be there in this thread reminded me of something. When do you all plan to get in line? I'm thinking I will be there sometime Sunday afternoon, but I'm not sure.

I look forward to seeing a lot of you there!

I was thinking of getting there obscenely early on Monday morning, but that's just because knowing me, I'll be frantically trying to finish homework until two and won't be able to break to go stand in line. So three hours of sleep to get me by, then head over and sleep in line for three hours. Assuming I don't freeze to death.

Funny quote from Brandon about the Wheel of Time:

James - Now. Asmodean. I require you answer this question fully and truthfully without any Aes Sedai skittering about. Did Vin kill him?

Brandon - Ha ha ha ha! No, it was not Vin. Now Hoid on the other hand... (No, I

MUST NOT GO TO DRAGONMOUNT!!!!

Seriously, there are so many spoilers floating around over there. I've been so close to reading the "Full book discussion" thread so many times it's ridiculous. I think even going over to the site at this point will be too much for my already too-fragile nerves. I am a sucker for spoilers, but in this case, I genuinely want to avoid them.

Maybe I'll just cut all my ethernet cables and not buy new ones until the 2nd. But then I'd just get online while on campus.....urg.

• Chaos locked this topic