Wit/Hoid's Yolish Magic

Quazar87

who knows i wonder if any other magics where shown in dragonsteel i'm sure someone here could enlighten us

I'm no moderator, but I believe it's against the rules to discuss Dragonsteel here. Also, may I ask why you don't use punctuation marks?

So Hoid claims that Lightweaving on Roshar is close to the Yolish "original". Does that mean that other Cosmere magics are descendants of the magic from Yol? What do you guys think?

The current Cosmere magics are influenced by people who were Yolish (i.e. from the planet Yolen), but the actual source of magic is Investiture, the power of creation through which the Cosmere was made. Investiture did not originate from Yolen (which is just a planet in the Cosmere) but from Adonalsium, the god-like being that created all the planets, but was eventually Shattered into sixteen Shards, each of which were taken by the above-mentioned Yolish humans.

Mistborn spoilers:

The exception would be Scadrial since the Shards of Preservation and Ruin are now held by a native of that planet. Still, his race was created by the previous holders of those Shards, who were both Yolish.

Edited by skaa

• Chaos locked this topic