Theory: "Unite Them"

Link

So this might come across a bit far-fetched, and I'm sorry if anyone else has thought of this (i did a quick peruse, and couldn't see anything.

Basically, my theory revolves around Gavilar's last words, and Dalinar's visions. It is noted throughout TWoK that Gavilar, towards the end of his life, was drawn to the Alethi codes of war, and was taken by studying the Lost Radiants. In TWoK, Elokhar notes that Dalinar was reminding him of Gavilar towards the end (I wish I had a page number reference. It's somewhere around the 250 mark in the HC. i don't have a book handy).

My theory is that Gavilar was experiencing the same visions as Dalinar is now.  He studied the Alethi codes of war to "Unite them", ("them" being, in this theory, the Knights Radiant), and that Dalinar is just misinterpreting the meaning of it. The visions are a way for Honor, dead though he is, to hint to Dalinar what he is actually referring to. And by having him find "the most important words a man can say", he is setting him on the right path without outright shouting "we need to kill Odium." The reason he would have done it this way, is because he wouldn't want to draw attention from Odium. He would want it subtle, so that Dalinar could find what he needed to do alone.

In turn, the reason the Parshendi assassinated Gavilar was because (assuming they are indeed, at least in part, the Voidbringers), he was getting too close to uncovering how to bring together the Knights Radiant. He had discovered the Everstorm was looming, and was close to uncovering a way to bring about the Knights Radiant to fight. Odium caught wind, sent his Voidbringers out, and that was that.

I apologise again if anyone has already had this theory. Thought I might voice it and see what happens. :)

Although Odium may not have directly told them to, that does not rule out the possibility that they were manipulated by him into doing so. They may believe, as Someone Else does, that reviving the Knights Radiant/Surgebinding would trigger a desolation.

I've always believed that Gavilar's lasts words weren't finished. He died before he finished his sentence. So he could be hinting towards the Knights Radiant or something else.  We know he wasn't a great husband, but I still think someone would of noticed if he was having visions during the storms.

I think he was assassinated with something to do with the void spheres he gave a way(one given to Szeth, and others he thought were fighting the ghostbloods).

Although Odium may not have directly told them to, that does not rule out the possibility that they were manipulated by him into doing so. They may believe, as Someone Else does, that reviving the Knights Radiant/Surgebinding would trigger a desolation.

I should have been more clear in my theorising. The "being told to" bit I did mean to infer that he could have manipulated or influenced, even subtly, into assassinating Gavilar. Either way, i doubt we have all the information. Hopefully we'll get some answers when we read some Parshendi POVs.

I've always believed that Gavilar's lasts words weren't finished. He died before he finished his sentence. So he could be hinting towards the Knights Radiant or something else.  We know he wasn't a great husband, but I still think someone would of noticed if he was having visions during the storms.

I think he was assassinated with something to do with the void spheres he gave a way(one given to Szeth, and others he thought were fighting the ghostbloods).

The voidsphere is something I've been stuck thinking about. If he wasn't having visions, I think he may have been connected to voidbinding (that whole business of voidbinding being to do with seeing the future). The sphere is obviously valuable. Hopefully we find out stuff about it before we get Szeth's POV and flashback book.

• Chaos locked this topic