Speculations about Smokers

kroen

I'm pretty sure it's intentional that copper is the metal we know the least about. It means, I think, that we'll be seeing some epic feats performed by Smokers in the future. The question is: What will they be? Brandon already hinted on the possibility of rare gifted Smokers protecting others from emotional Allomancy. But what more? Speculate away! I'll start by rounding up some of the speculations and questions in these forums as well as my own. You're welcome and encouraged to add your own.

*Controlling the size of the Coppercloud

*Excluding certain people from being Smoked/shaping the Coppercloud around them

*Leaving Copperclouds fixed in place whilst burning Copper, even if the Smoker isn't in them

*Copper Savants: In what way would they differ from regular Smokers?

*Flaring Copper/super charging it via a Nicroburst: What exactly would happen?
*And this is the most far fetched one: Producing a Coppercloud that would protect from various types of Allomancy such as- negating Speed Bubbles; mask metals from being seen by Coinshots/Lurchers; immune Allomancers from Leeching and Nicrobursting; and maybe even causing Tineyes to see objects and people inside Copperclouds as being blurred.
*Actually no, THIS is the most far fecthed idea: Selectively prevent Allomancers from burning their metal while in a Coppercloud.

Fire away.
Edited by kroen

• Chaos locked this topic