The Three Realms

Turos

An idea just came to me: what if the three realms are tied to the three Shards of Roshar. I bet some of you have already thought about this. What do you think?

The Tranquiline Halls seem to be of Honor, Roshar being the place of Cultivation, and Damnation of Odium.

The world of Roshar is like a place of sorting humans out after being cast from the Tranquiline Halls. Did they do something that made them unworthy of honor? Shallan's studies claim the Voidbringers cast mankind out of the Halls and to Roshar.

The Heralds made an oath, seemingly to Honor or about honor. They made a sacrifice by tying themselves willingly to Damnation. They resurface to Roshar whenever a Desolation happens. They fight and defeat the Voidbringers. Desolation is pushed back for thousands of years or so it seems.

When the Heralds are in Damnation, they suffer the pains of having their flesh scorched off of their bones. It seems this suffering lasts until the following Desolation. Sounds like Odium's intent is either punishing them for being his enemies, for entering his realm, or perhaps their ways or honor make them unable to survive their without harm.

Who knows, but this I bet this has been discussed before, huh?

• Chaos locked this topic