You know the sophomore slump, where the sequel is never as good as the first in a series? In this episode of Shardcast, we desperately try to avoid the sophomore slump with quotes and a better outline. Then, of course, everything Splinters. Fortunately, Kerry is able to put it together again and it's totally seamless. No awkward pauses or forced segues here, no sir.
This week, we are discussing The Emperor's Soul, the cosmere novella which comes out in November, and speaking of souls, we also talk about the Spiritual, the Cognitive, and the Physical. That's right, we are digging into everything we know about Realmatics. So, of course, it comes out disjointed, because we pretty much know nothing about Realmatics. Fortunately, Will is here and adds crustaceans and waffles. Because you know what Realmatic Theory needs? Waffles.
Apart from the madness, we impromptu theorize about Hoid worldhops, and come up with a darned good explanation about it and Shadesmar. So sit back, jump in a pool, and hear some mysterious voices: Shardcasty voices.
Spoilers: A big Hero of Ages spoiler, with some Elantris, Warbreaker, and Way of Kings ones as well.
- 0:40 - Steelheart to be released Fall 2013
- 1:45 - Shadows for Silence May Be Cosmere
- 3:15 - CraftyGames has been working on Alloy of Law Supplement
- 3:50 - Mistborn: Birthright had a playable demo at E3
- 4:25 - Writing Excuses: Project in Depth - The Way of Kings
- 5:51 - The Emperor's Soul is coming out by Tachyon Publications in November
- 8:03 - The Emperor's Soul is on Sel
- 9:43 - Introduction to Realmatic Theory
- 26:30 - Three Parts of Magic