Mid-Range 69: A Reckoning for the Rest

Across the Fractured States, news was spreading of Epics being killed by regular folk. Some upstarts that called themselves the Reckoners. Coincidentally, some rival Epics just moved into your territory in Idaho. Perhaps, if you leaked their weaknesses to these Reckoners, you could rid yourselves of several birds with a single stone.

Welcome to MR 69! This is a symmetric faction game with arson-like delayed deaths and limited GM feedback on the results of actions and votes. Rules can be found in doc form, or below:

Spoiler

MR 69: A Reckoning for the Rest

Rumor has it, the Reckoners are in town. Luck has it, so are your enemies. 

Welcome to Idaho! MR 69: A Reckoning for the Rest occurs across the state prior to the events of Steelheart. Your faction of Epics seeks to provide the Reckoners with enough information to take down your rivals while you avoid a similar fate.

General Rules:

• Cycles are 48 hours long, and are not split.
  • Throughout the game players may become Marked, meaning that the Reckoners know their weakness and have a plan to take them down
  • There is a majority vote during each cycle, where the player with the most votes is Marked. Tied votes Mark all tied players (if there are fewer than 12 players at game start, ties instead Mark a single random player).
    • A vote count will be posted each cycle but it will not reflect any vote manipulation nor reveal the Marked player(s)
  • PMs are closed unless opened with actions.
  • Each player* will belong to a faction of 3-5 Epics and will share a doc with the members of their faction
    • *Depending on player counts, some players may be Independent Epics
    • All factions will be the same size
  • When every player in a faction is Marked at the same time, all of those players lose and are removed from the game
  • Players win if their faction is the last one remaining
    • Any Independent Epics remaining at this point lose the game

Actions:

• Each faction has access to the following actions once each per cycle:
    • Roleblock a player (they will not be notified)
    • Move a vote while canceling your own (will not be reflected in the vote tally)
    • Mark a player
    • Protect a player from the Mark action
      • A faction or single Independent Epic cannot protect the same player twice back-to-back
      • Does not protect from the vote
    • Redirect a player’s action (cannot redirect other redirects, cancels other redirects on the same target)
    • Scan a player in your faction and a player out of it,  checking whether they are Marked
      • Returns random results if roleblocked
      • Redirects only affect the half of the action matching the new target
    • Each player can perform 1 action per cycle

Order of Actions:

• Redirect
  • Roleblock
  • Protect
  • Mark
  • Vote manip
  • Vote Mark
  • Scan
  • Removal of Factions

Independent Epics:

• Some players may be Independent Epics
  • They will not be Marked the first time they would be otherwise
    • The second time they would be marked they lose and are removed from the game
  • Each cycle can either take the Mark action, or 3 other actions
  • An Independent Epic wins and leaves the game if they Mark an unMarked player the turn their target’s faction is removed

The game will start Thursday the 13th, and rollover will (probably) be at 5PM Pacific Time. 

I'd like to ask each player to sign up with an Epic Name and a Power Portfolio. These are mostly for flavor and writeups but I imagine there's some fun RP potential here. Once the game starts I will also ask everyone to send me their Epic's weakness in the GM PM.

@Elandera will be the IM for this game.

Details and Clarifications:

Spoiler

Players:

Spoiler
  1. @Kasimir - Arsonist - Standard Fire Epic
  2. @The Unknown Ajah - Johan A. Samith - Sound Manipulation
  3. @CadCom - Richard Johnson - 
  4. @Mat - The Dwarf - Shrinking Power and also Short
  5. @Aeternum - Fish - Incorporeality
  6. @Aeoryi - Electro - Flight, Shoot Electricity, Deluded
  7. @RoyalBeeMage - Helios - Lightbending
  8. @Kidpen - Welder - Sticks Stuff
  9. @Ashbringer - Disperse - Telepathy
  10. @Coffeecat - Slimey - Shapeshifting
  11. @Sart - Pinch Hitter - Baseball Battery

Pinch-Hitters and Spectators:

Spoiler

Quick Links:

Edited by Elandera

15 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Just wanted to be the first sign-up. I'll get back later with everything. 

You're lucky I was busy, or I would have stolen it from you.

For a name... Johan A. Samith, not to be confused with that a-less jerk John Smith.

His epic power would be sound manipulation, with a side effect of echolocation.

Hmmm, I should give him an Epic name too. I'm fond of Deafmute. Let's go with that.

Edited by The Unknown Ajah

I'll sign up

Edit: reading the rules, I can sign up with a name(no idea if it would be an epic name), but I haven't read the books this is based off of, so I don't know what the power portfolio should even look like or what weaknesses would look like in this world. 

But I'll sign up as Richard Johnson for now. (I'll try to figure out the rest later)

Edited by CadCom

27 minutes ago, CadCom said:

I'll sign up

Edit: reading the rules, I can sign up with a name(no idea if it would be an epic name), but I haven't read the books this is based off of, so I don't know what the power portfolio should even look like or what weaknesses would look like in this world. 

But I'll sign up as Richard Johnson for now. (I'll try to figure out the rest later)

Epic names are supposed to be superhero/villain names. Or just whatever the Epic thinks sounds cool. Powers can be any kind of superpower(s), really. And without spoiling, weaknesses can kinda be anything too. Though it should be somewhat plausible for an enemy to trigger whatever weakness you pick.

53 minutes ago, Mat said:

I’ll play

The Dwarf

Is naturally 3’10”, but can shrink himself any number of inches shorter (down to 0’1”). His width and weight stay the same, only his height changes

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Ajah said:

Also, Araris, I started Furies of Calderon, and I can only imagine Araris Valerian as a Pooh bear. This is your fault. 

Mission accomplished, I suppose.  Who knew Pooh was a master swordsman?

5 hours ago, The Unknown Ajah said:

Also, Araris, I started Furies of Calderon, and I can only imagine Araris Valerian as a Pooh bear. This is your fault. 

I deliberately made a Village-aligned Araris Valerian role in my Codex Alera game just to force that cognitive dissonance on people :P

6 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

I'd like to ask each player to sign up with an Epic Name and a Power Portfolio.

Arsonist. Sets things on fire. Standard pyrokinesis/pyrogenesis portfolio. 

I blame you for encouraging my gym leader-esque rampage of flame through Reborn :P

Wyrm has told me to just admit I have a problem >>

7 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

I'd like to ask each player to sign up with an Epic Name and a Power Portfolio. These are mostly for flavor and writeups but I imagine there's some fun RP potential here. Once the game starts I will also ask everyone to send me their Epic's weakness in the GM PM.

Switching my epic to Electro, an energy epic with the ability to fly and shoot electricity, and also has the fun quirk of thinking that he should be classified as a high epic.

Hello. I will join as Welder. When he touches two non living objects, he can make their touching surfaces "glued" together for up to an hour. He can do this again, but must distribute the remaining time between the two connections. So for example, he could attach your shoe to the ground for an hour, but if he took ten minutes to go find another shoe to attach to the ground, he would have to take time out of the remaining 50 minutes for that shoe's timer.

Hello! I am Slimey, your local shapeshifting blob of slime, but of course you might not recognize me, after all, I can be anyone.

Also I have absolutely no weaknesses at all so don't go looking for them.

7 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

A quick announcement about a minor rule change: PMs will be open this game, rather than requiring an action as originally stated in the rules.

does that mean that we can create unlimited pm's without informing you but still adding you.

10 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

does that mean that we can create unlimited pm's without informing you but still adding you.

Yes, all PMs should contain myself and Elandera. This also means that there will be PMs available before the first round of actions; during C1.

You mentioned you needed more players. Signing up as Pinch Hitter, an Epic who can hit things really hard with a baseball bat. To clarify, I'm signing up as a player, the character is just named Pinch Hitter.