14 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

"Yes, I am planning on getting some of that GC," Azgard replied, slowly getting out of bed. "I love chicken. How about yourself, sir?"

He began to strap on his cybernetic green spacesuit as he waited for a response. He had a busy, stress-filled day ahead of him.

"I'll probably just get myself a drink or something. All the stuff here is too flat."

12 hours ago, Frustration said:

E-IS-315k knocked on the door to Scheven's room.

"Sir, your report on night time maintinence is ready."

"Just beam it." Schevin replied. "Unless there's anything important."

The Bodge-up Worldbuilding Files, ep 1: Beaming

- The act of wirelessly uploading a file to somebody's Uniledge via light waves.

BUWF, ep 2: Uniledge

- A personal, virtual everything account for information storage and sharing.

BUWF ep 3: blazer

Visible reddish line of light that emit heat but other isn't dangerous 

(My science)

It just safe a very tiny safe microwave with red light thrown in for ease of finding. 

BUWF ep 4: Carbon Printer

Not energy efficient but cheap way to make food. Capable of must things but the taste is slightly off.

Maxxie fiddled with the blasted blazer for about a half hour before she got it running. Normally it heated up the water pipe to the head engineers shower, but Maxxie had repurposed it to heat up the cold slop that they called breakfast around here. Something about the new budget not having enough for carbon printers for all crew members, and since Maxxie was technically an employee for the Rehabilitation Program that has been placed on the ship, they could give the everyone else on the ship a higher priority for the printers. And that was why Maxxie got slop. Delicious, she thought sarcastically as she ate.

Edited by The Unknown Aon

4 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I'll probably just get myself a drink or something. All the stuff here is too flat."

"Just beam it." Schevin replied. "Unless there's anything important."

"There is, three maintenance robots have disappeared while working near the reactor core."

Buwf ep 4

The reactor is monitored via delicate instruments, so communication devices must be deactivated in the vicinity.

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Goodness, Azzie. It's a service bot." Schevin pulled his suit on. "The engine room's a big place. You know how finnicky autonomous bots are. Something probably just went haywire somewhere and set off their poweroff or something."

"Well, I just—" Azgard sighed. "These guys probably just got lost or something. It's a big ship, too many people to keep track of. It's probably nothing."

"Wanna come with?" Schevin asked. He picked up his pistol, checked the safety (it was on), and clipped it to his belt. "Bet you've never been down to the engines. It's a cool place, and I have clearance to take one other person."

BEWF ep 6: G u n

Regular firearms in this universe still use bullets. Why? Because generating a literal plasma inside of a contained field to launch at people is significantly more difficult to do and signifantly less energy-efficient than packing a bit of nitroglycerin inside a tiny metal tube and setting it on fire.

Plasma weaponry still exists, and can be used on most velocity-reversal fields. People who wield these kinds of weapons are specially-trained.

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Wanna come with?" Schevin asked. He picked up his pistol, checked the safety (it was on), and clipped it to his belt. "Bet you've never been down to the engines. It's a cool place, and I have clearance to take one other person."

Azgard considered. "Uh, sure."

He picked up his own pistol, decked out with its own neon lime markings. "The engines must be pretty big to run this entire ship."

12 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

Azgard considered. "Uh, sure."

He picked up his own pistol, decked out with its own neon lime markings. "The engines must be pretty big to run this entire ship."

"They certainly are."

10 hours ago, Frustration said:

"I will lead the way" E-IS-315k, setting off, using his rear camera to make sure he didn't get too far ahead.

Schevin followed him, beaming a quick report to Olice explaining why they'd be late to their regular duties today.

Olice is the local supervisor :)

"It's just a few minutes from here." Schevin said, hailing a innercab.

BUWF ep 7: innercabs

Smaller transport vessels inside of larger transport vessels designed for quick transportation within the aforementioned larger transport vessel. Not to be confused with Intercabs.

BUWF ep 8: intercabs

Smaller transport vessels that travel between larger transport vessels through the cold heart of space. Not to be confused with Innercabs.

Could I join????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Bang-bang-bang, "Get to work." Maxxie looked at the overseer. "Nah, boss. I'm skippin' today; gonna kick back and relax." Maxxie set her bowl aside and somehow lounged on the very uncomfortable looking pipes. Dake raised his eyebrows, lifted his Superultrabilliantgeniuswatch to chest height, and said aloud while typing, "Need intercab convoy, for Crewmember X2475903794216800013457 of --"

"Now you don't have to be like that, I'll do my work, you don't need to send me back there." Maxxie got up hiding her items the walked away. "You'll get my report later!" 

My character! If you can tell, I like worldbuilding a little bit more than actual character design. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UWKnk1KSae3dnrYqnJ8AugaItG_qrgaVIDaYq5NyR9M

Arkin strode down the hallway, casually munching on a burger with one eik*, while another one was tapping out a message on au wristpad.

"Human cuisine is surprisingly delicious," au typed. "Au could get addicted to this naek.**"

*Tentacle-like appendage. Ieli have four of them.

**Mild Ieli swear word similar to "crem"

Edit 2: Just assume it's an engineer group chat.

@Ookla the Lad @Ookla the Lass @Ookla the Ferric @The Unknown Aon @Ookla The Raveness @Ookla the Frustrated

Edit 3: y’all. I’m bored. Leave me alone for much longer and I’ll have invented another language.

Edited by Ookla the Confused