It

is

Spoiler

Spaaaaaaaaaaaaace.thumb.jpg.059f528e732fc972475c4d46790ef63f.jpg

And we're doing an RP in it!

Worldbuilding: Hard science but pretty loose. Just make sure stuff makes sense and we'll be okay with it. We're set a few billion years in the future; the Milky Way and Andromeda are still merging into Milkdromeda (though we're not gonna call it that; anyone got any name ideas?). Houses (guilds, royal families, etc; think Dune) control entire planetary systems, ruling in a number of ways. Some go to war for entire planets, others are diplomatic, and most are part of a semi-unified central union called the Nexus.

We're on a battleship called the S.S. Hallex hanging out in a quiet sector of the Tieran Estate. A few battles have come our way, but we're more or less uninvolved with the various border disputes. It's a nice battleship that we can make a living off of working on. I'll ask you to play a character that isn't a higher-up (i.e. not a noble, general, or something of the sort) so that we can play in the more nitty-gritty of space society. In other news, I have little to no information on what the ship itself is like, let alone the layout of the galaxies or our Estate. We'll just bodge some stuff together as we go along.

Here's a basic character sheet, I guess. Feel free to use it if you want:

Spoiler

Name:

Basic Stuffs (gender, size, appearance, etc):

Species (this is, in fact, space):

Skills/Abilities:

Other Stuff:

That sounds hekin' awesome. Do it!

I'll drop my character...

Spoiler

Name: Schevin (pronounced Kevin) Elmont

Basic Stuffs: Male, just under six feet, skin is a pale olive.

Species: A humanoid race with more colorful features called Chromar.

Occupation: Turret operator and engineer. He's at Cannon 42B (recognizable by the magical landscape model he built along the dashboard).

Skills/Abilities: Holding the fort during a fight. His turret-operating abilities are top-notch.

Other Stuff: Not a bad shot with a pistol, can fly a ship in a pinch, and owns a flat in the Kijaj system's Spacial Apartment Ring.

I totally didn't steal the base idea from Tabletop time. 

Spoiler

Name: Maxxeena "Maxie" Horindef

Basic Stuffs (gender, size, appearance, etc): 44 year old (equivalent 23) female who is just under seven feet tall. She has dark skin with gold tattoo-like patterns running through it. She also has curly gold hair that hasn't been styled in more than three decades. She, like the rest of her species, has no fingernails and two thumbs (and two big toes). Broad for her race, she weighs about 220 pounds and would be considered very lanky by human standards.

Species (this is, in fact, space): Histor (very tall, thin humanlike race with two thumbs, no fingernails, and dark, patterned skin.

Occupation: Originally a thief until she was caught. The government forced her into a community service program where they quickly discovered her skill with machines (and hacking, unofficially of course). She was then placed on the ship as an engineer.

Skills/Abilities: Good pickpocket. She has a talent for picking locks and hacking computers. That talent extends to machines. She also has a basic skill for disguising herself. As a Histor, she is very fast.

Other Stuff: Can shoot a rifle, but she's best at controlling multiple remote control guns at once. Has a long record.

Here she is.

2 hours ago, Enter a username said:

Alright, I don't have any names for them so feel free to name them. If you want more details feel free to ask.

List

1 can be mixed with either 2 or 3 but 2 and 3 are incompatable.

Spoiler

Proposal 1

• Species expirenced extreme sexual dimorphism, males are smaller than mice, while females are about human sized. After courtship the male will bond to the female, losing all sensory organs, and fusing to the female's nervous system. So they could hear each other's thoughts and the male receives all the same sensory imputs the female would, while being unable to move themselves. Effectivly giving the female a second brain.

Proposal 2

• Species uses electroisis to break water into H2 and O2. O2 is used in cellular respiration while H2 is used to increase bouyancy, enabling them to float upwards.

Proposal 3

• Species developed advanced electrical generation properties, an unusually large about of Lithium, Chromium and Cobalt must be consumed to maintain this but electrical charges can be stored and moved at will.

Edited by Frustration

Spoiler

Name: Vadran

Basic Stuffs (gender, size, appearance, etc): Vadran is a 200cm tall bipedal android with 360 degree vision and extreme strength.

Species (this is, in fact, space): RUDRA-class Battle Android, supplemented with full sapience

Skills/Abilities: Vadran is proficient with almost every weapon in the universe- melee, energy, kinetic, or otherwise. Additionally, due to miniaturization of both computing and mechanical functions their torso is entirely hollow, allowing for the storage and retrieval of a large variety of weapons and matching ammo.

Other Stuff: Vadran was originally an illegal sapient AI created without a license by a minor house. When the Nexus cracked down on this house, Vadran was freed and they joined the crew of the Hallex a couple months later, their skill for combat extremely valuable.

Character

Spoiler

Model: E-IS-315k

Serial Number: 17-42-63-06-85

Description: E-IS-315k simply refered to as "Engineer" is a repair and operation android used to maintain ship functionality, and is equiped to do so. He's not truely sentient, more of a close approximation.

A few notes, I guess:

• Our ship is pretty hecking big (think Star Destroyer). It's a multi-purpose battleship, currently on the defensive. Crew would be several thousand.
  • The Nexus isn't a government or a police force. It's just the name for the loose relationship of nations all over. Joining it basically means you can communicate with other systems.
  • There would be a LOT of engineers.
  • How dare you steal my name but change F to V.

I'm down for a team of engineers.

Spoiler

Name: Azgard Mungus

Basic Stuffs (gender, size, appearance, etc): A little guy standing around 5' 2" (157 cm), always wearing a neon lime green themed spacesuit.

Species (this is, in fact, space): Just another boring human (with a few cybernetic enhancements via his suit)

Skills/Abilities: Knows many languages.

Other Stuff: Just a normal engineer on a normal spaceship living a normal life.

Shall we start?

Schevin's alarm went off, bleeping somewhat loudly into his ear. He grunted, shifted onto his left side, then reached up and tapped the earpiece twice, setting it to snooze. From there he held himself to his pillow for a few more precious, vice-filled moments... and then the clock flicked to 14:51.

Another day.

S.S. Hallex, this is your captain speaking. We have a couple announcements today. First of all: Mack, please report to the bridge for maintenance, and second: happy birthday to Elgar Lessor! They are turning... five thousand and twenty today. Wow. In Ildig terms that's about forty, so please give him a big congratulations. In other news we are approaching a Galactal Chicken Joint where we're planning to refuel. We'll be there for about half an hour standard, so keep your wallets on hand if you want a pick-me-up later. Other than that, all of you have a great day!

The transmission cut off, leaving the silence to be filled with awakening crewmates. Everyone started changing out of pajamas, pulling on boots, and brushing their teeth.

"You planning on getting some of that GC?" Schevin asked.

Anyone wanna be my roommate?

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Schevin's alarm went off, bleeping somewhat loudly into his ear. He grunted, shifted onto his left side, then reached up and tapped the earpiece twice, setting it to snooze. From there he held himself to his pillow for a few more precious, vice-filled moments... and then the clock flicked to 14:51.

Another day.

S.S. Hallex, this is your captain speaking. We have a couple announcements today. First of all: Mack, please report to the bridge for maintenance, and second: happy birthday to Elgar Lessor! They are turning... five thousand and twenty today. Wow. In Ildig terms that's about forty, so please give him a big congratulations. In other news we are approaching a Galactal Chicken Joint where we're planning to refuel. We'll be there for about half an hour standard, so keep your wallets on hand if you want a pick-me-up later. Other than that, all of you have a great day!

The transmission cut off, leaving the silence to be filled with awakening crewmates. Everyone started changing out of pajamas, pulling on boots, and brushing their teeth.

"You planning on getting some of that GC?" Schevin asked.

"Yes, I am planning on getting some of that GC," Azgard replied, slowly getting out of bed. "I love chicken. How about yourself, sir?"

He began to strap on his cybernetic green spacesuit as he waited for a response. He had a busy, stress-filled day ahead of him.

"Congratulations Elgar!" Shouted Maxxie with only a hint of sarcasm in her voice. She wasn't too bitter about them not announcing her birthday, they didn't know when it was and didn't care enough to find out. Her rooms were on the opposite side of the ship. She never slept there of course, you don't sleep where you enemy thinks you do. That was just unsafe. She was in one of the thousands of little alcoves in the piping of the ship. It was close to the intercom, so Maxxie heard what they said every morning and was woken up by it. Woken up way too early. Star crazed fools to wake up that early. She shifted out of the alcove into the hall and started her day of work.