Can you awaken an already awakened object?

doubletrouble

For example if Vasher instead of tying a knot when kidnapping Vivenna, had given a 'hold things' command to the rope keeping her wrists secured. Could she then have escaped like she did? 

Cause you can't retrieve someone elses breath, but can you overwrite it? 

Also, for how long would a command be active? Would a rope hold something for eons (disregarding it would disintegrate with time) or would it weaken with time? 

Edit: I guess it would stay active with time, considering Nightblood has been around for a while 

Edited by doubletrouble

• 1 month later...
On 11/10/2021 at 6:58 PM, Frustration said:

No, you cannot awaken somethign that is already awakened.

Do we have a WOB on that? I ask because we know command breaking is a thing, we just never really get to see it happen as far as I'm aware. It could very well involve overwriting a previous command somehow.

5 hours ago, Mage_914 said:

Do we have a WOB on that? I ask because we know command breaking is a thing, we just never really get to see it happen as far as I'm aware. It could very well involve overwriting a previous command somehow.

Which I would consider re-awakening.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2021 at 8:32 AM, Frustration said:

I mean breaking the original comman and thus rendering the original awakening useless and then adding a new command, thus re-awakening the object

We know that a Lifeless can have their Command broken, and can be reprogrammed with a new sequence of Commands, as we see this happen when Lightsong's priests capture Vasher's squirrel Lifeless. But can this actually be done with a non-Lifeless Awakened object, since they can't normally take any additional Commands after being made? Not only that, but you can't take the Breaths away from someone else's Awakened object since the Identity of the investiture within doesn't match your own. So is it only Lifeless that can have their Command broken?