So the idea for this is the will be any number of player, at least 4, at most six. They will be split into 2/3 teams. Each team will be given a planet. One player will shape the terrain of said planet and place a single settlement of semi-human beings (think wings or breathing underwater, not fire elementals). The other player will grow that civilization for a century. Then, they will shape the land having volcanoes erupt and rivers shift over that same century. After that, they will place another settlement of semi-human beings (a different type). The first player will then grow that civilization for a century without coming in contact with the other race. Then they shape the terrain. Then comes the second player's turn. The civilizations can now interact, with each player controlling their own civilization in the case of war or other events. The races can be separate kingdoms, a single entity, or hundreds of tribes, it's up to the player. At the same time, the other team will be doing the same thing, after enough time (largely decided by the players), both planets will reach the space age and the same process will begin again with planets and worlds instead of continents. 

Anyone want to join?

11 hours ago, The Unknown Order said:

So the idea for this is the will be any number of player, at least 4, at most six. They will be split into 2/3 teams. Each team will be given a planet. One player will shape the terrain of said planet and place a single settlement of semi-human beings (think wings or breathing underwater, not fire elementals). The other player will grow that civilization for a century. Then, they will shape the land having volcanoes erupt and rivers shift over that same century. After that, they will place another settlement of semi-human beings (a different type). The first player will then grow that civilization for a century without coming in contact with the other race. Then they shape the terrain. Then comes the second player's turn. The civilizations can now interact, with each player controlling their own civilization in the case of war or other events. The races can be separate kingdoms, a single entity, or hundreds of tribes, it's up to the player. At the same time, the other team will be doing the same thing, after enough time (largely decided by the players), both planets will reach the space age and the same process will begin again with planets and worlds instead of continents. 

Anyone want to join?

Me. I wanna join. This looks cool.

Sure. I'd be down to join. I agree with Fadran that it sounds a bit prescribed, with less room for creativity, but I would play either way. I am in no way and RP expert so the more formulaic play could be fun. Dunno.

13 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

12 hours ago, Mage said:

The main reason for the formulaicness is to give defined "segments" rather than just have chaos. I plan on being veryvery free with the formula, such as the century being a incredibly loose number, geological shifts that would be really unrealistic in real life. Just very loose on the rules in general. So don't worry about not being able to do something unless it makes no sense in any possible world or decreases someone else's fun. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'll begin with a small description of the star and planet.

Deep in space, there is a star. That star is orange in color. Far away, at the edge of that stars gravity, lies a brown dwarf. It emits little light, but is brighter than most stars. Closest to the yellow star, Asuin-A, is Asuin-1, next and at the closest part of the habitable zone, is Asuin-2. The world we will be watching is Asuin-3, and we believe it contains life. 

So you can decide it's mass, rotation and such, or simply assume it is very close to earth. Then you can create the continents. I would recommend a mega continent or recently split mega continent. After that, you place a civilization either for me or Randby to control. 

@Mage

Edited by The Unknown Aon

• 2 weeks later...

The planet seems to be about the size of the Earth that you and I know, though it is moving much slower. Beneath the swirling clouds of Asuin 3’s atmosphere lies a long, narrow continent. The continent runs from North Pole to South Pole and is about 100 miles thick on average. The atmosphere traps much heat, but it also traps moisture. There is plenty of water but you simply need to cool it down. This causes the political and economic power to coalesce in the high cold mountains. The peasants work the low jungle lands and bring food to the mountain nobles in exchange for cool water.

Once every twenty years the night and the winter align, making the normal jungle cool enough for drinking water. When this happens the nobility loses their water power for a short period and must retain their rule through other means.

I know that if it’s too hot for water it’s too hot for people, but bear with me here. Call it evolution or call it fantasy, but somehow the people can survive in the jungles they just can’t get water.

Also forgive any spelling errors. I’m writing this on mobile

@The Unknown Aon

@Random Bystander