Sketches on the Bus, Because Syn Gets Bored Easily

Mystic Syn

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

How'd you get those done on a bus ride?

Crossed my legs and gave my sketchbook a more stable surface, also when we stopped at either the stops or the red lights. I had quite the bit of time to sketch/draw it out :pp

Hmm, I think people are trying to tell me that my art is not as bad as I think. Anyways…

Day 4 of Sketching 

Spoiler

I saw this thingy on Pinterest that I could “get” my angel name just by making a remix of my given name or whatever. I did it with a name I have lying around don’t ask, writer stuff, and got Quoyniel. After I got that, I thought: “Well, shoot. I guess I have to draw something with that name now,” and here we are. Ignore the wings, because I am crap at drawing them.

7FB91275-FB98-4AB0-BAED-445771252BD4.thumb.jpeg.c357b5822037d3f4444402908446b11e.jpeg

*sigh* I really hate my internet at times.

Day 5 of Sketching

Spoiler

I did this one on Thursday, but didn’t have internet when I got home because the remodel on my house decided to take my internet again for the fifteenth time this week.

Anyways, this is an OC I’ve been meaning to write about: Creed Dyue. It’s nothing solid, in terms of looks. It’s just some concept I sketched up and felt more satisfied with than anything I’ve come up with.

54EDFD21-622F-4F41-B74E-833CF312CC3F.thumb.jpeg.620c79aeba560ed559122a2ed95005c6.jpeg

Screw what I think is the imposter syndrome I have, ‘cause I’m still posting this.

Day 6 of Sketching

Spoiler

Does this dude have a name? No. As the title of this thread suggests, these are just sketches. There’s not really a point to drawing it, besides to help get my creative juices flowing and to have me drawing on a somewhat daily basis. Look, it’s either sketching or writing to have me relaxed, and I feel like people don’t really care about my writing so :pp

6BCED4A5-6E80-4D4B-9942-472795C942D0.thumb.jpeg.e1d3322bf624086a8e39157da4956928.jpeg

T’was a lot more wet today than it was yesterday, so I didn’t want to get my drawing wet, but I managed to make something regardless.

Day 7 of Sketching 

Spoiler

It was nice for me to not draw a guy for the first time in forever. Don’t get me wrong, I do like drawing ‘em, but I need a change of scenery every once in a while, to remind myself why I suck at drawing girls.

F4B0EB05-3CE6-4A2C-A8B7-14DE257F00FF.thumb.jpeg.70ff327129b9037ab4a3aba437e8397f.jpeg

Same sentiment as Condensation! And while I certainly can't stop you from thinking that way, you can also hardly stop me from pointing out all the things about it that I love!

Spoiler

That, uh. . . isn't actually related to your comment at all, there's just a ton of stuff that I've been trying to do and it makes me really excited to see that someone else has actually done them. Like eyes! Do you know how long I spent trying to figure out how to draw the most basic eyes in existence? Hours. It took me literal hours trying to figure it out before I gave up and had to move onto other stuff, but you can actually do eyes that look cool! And they don't look like they're some cross-eyed abomination like whatever I eventually ended up with!

The shading is awesome, though it's awesome on pretty much all of the art, and the hair turned out amazing. I'm still just trying to learn how to do most of this stuff in a way that looks good. Perhaps my biggest praise? She looks like a person. Like a person that I would want to stealth-adopt for something or other. I don't know enough about art to really point out all the cool things I noticed, everything that turned out so well, and I realize in the long run it probably won't matter. It doesn't matter if I love it, or if i could never in a million years identify what was different about that drawing that made it "bad" vs. the other ones. I just thought I should say that there is a lot about it, and all of your drawings, that I really admire, and that I'd like to learn how to do myself. It might not be perfect, but that's not really the point, right? In the end it's probably about whatever you end up doing that you like, but for whatever little it might be worth, I thought, and think, the drawing looks really good.

As for the writing, I honestly couldn't say. I haven't read any works of yours aside from what was in the Games a couple of weeks ago, and there was stuff that needed some improvement, but there was also stuff about it that was really good. As you may have noticed from my rambling, so you'd probably have some audience if you ever wanted to make the switch :D

*proceeds to put it in a spoiler tag*

Why? Who knows. Compliments are weird sometimes, so if you really don't want them I'm not going to force you to take mine.
Though I do feel the oddest urge to give them all names. Like, that one could be Anne, the hoodie guy could be Zach, there are endless possibilities! But, uh, I'll probably try to resist the serial naming urge. Also the one that insists that, "no, look, seriously, they're characters and they need backstories and look at all the plot potential."

. . .

So anyways, hope that helped! Or at least didn't harm!

Didn’t think that my little comment would make this much of a commotion. I mean, whatever y’all say. I personally don’t see it, but I don’t wanna argue.

4 hours ago, Ed Venture said:

Did you say....writing...? *eyeball noises and very much curiosity* I'm interested.

I could, perhaps, send something over Discord :ph34r:

I am fairly sure there won’t be any sketches made on the bus for the rest of the week, and no, I didn’t do one today for two reasons.

1) I wasn’t feeling it today

And 2) I wasn’t feeling it because of some stuff that happened at home

Spoiler

I guess I’ll put it in here

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Don’t feel bad. It ain’t anything with family or whatever

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

My cat passed away this morning and I was and still am a bit of a mess. Drawing and writing would distract me, but I feel unmotivated. I’m going through some crap right now, so just don’t expect a whole lot from me. I was really bonded with my cat, so that’s why. Anyways, have a good one~ I’m not sure if I’ll be able to draw something, but we’ll see.

Alright. Feeling better today. I mean, not by much, but yeah lol.

This ain’t a sketch, but I don’t wanna make a whole new thread dedicated to other drawings I make, so Ima just put it in here.

Spoiler

Bro, coloring his hair was so fun, especially when it came to blending the brown and light caramel colors together. I’m guessing y’all don’t know who he is, and I won’t explain, ‘cause y’all are very capable people and can search it up. And how do I know you can search it up? … you’re on this site.

C780F2D4-A2C8-40BD-A596-BB4C3BFC3A5B.thumb.jpeg.d78ad47c4b9b0b64fde5ba3cba6d9886.jpeg