Reckoners cagematch

bmcclure7

Steelslayer (with his epic powers)

Fire fight

Prof

Wingflare

Life force ( as seen with all his abilities at the end) 

Obliteration 

Nightwielder 

Regalia

Loophole 

Jax (with watch, Sword, and sonic gun.)

Round one, matches chosen at random. 

Prof v fire fight.

Loophole vs wingflare 

Jax v Regalia.

Nightwielder v Lifeforce

Obliteration v stealslayer

• 5 weeks later...

Prof > Firefight (I'm assuming the real Firefight and not Megan)- I don't think Firefight has any way to deal with Prof's forcefields. Prof would probably just smash him in one within a few seconds and be done with it. 

Wingflare > Loophole- I'm not sure how Wingflare would actually get the kill, but she can stop Loophole from moving, so there's not much Loophole can really do. I suppose Wingflare could just let her starve to death in the most boring cage match ever. 

Jax > Regalia- Unless the cage is surrounded by water Jax would have Regalia dead before her powers could come into play. 

Nightwielder > Lifeforce- Eventually Lifeforce would run out of people to heal him. His only shot is guessing Nightwielder's weakness, and the chances of him doing that and being able to take advantage are slim. This would likely be very long and very gruesome to watch. 

Steelslayer > Obliteration- I was tempted to say draw, because at the end of the books, I don't think they are at a point where they could kill each other yet. That said, if they had to keep fighting until one died, I think David eventually figures out Obliteration's weakness or another way to kill him. 

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Jax > Wingflare- I think this plays out much like in Lux. Wingflare keeps trying to play games and Jax eventually figures out her weakness. I don't think Jax wins many of these fights. He's just gotten fortunate matchups in the first two rounds. 

Stealslayer > Prof- I'm assuming for this that they don't know each other's weaknesses. Without the weaknesses, both are nearly unkillable. Here, David's weakness (water/the Ocean) is highly unlikely to come into play unless the cage match is done over water. It's also highly unlikely Prof guesses it quickly. Prof's weakness is failure, and his inability to kill Stealslayer David will eventually trigger that weakness, I think. 

• 1 month later...

I agree with cardinal511 about the winners of the first round, though I'm not sure about Steelslayer vs Obliteration. The books say that one way to kill a high epic is to overwhelm his prime invincibility with a nuclear bomb. Obliteration can make the equivalent of a nuclear bomb, given enough time, so it might depend if Obliteration starts the match with a lot of energy stored up. Obviously, Steelslayer wouldn't give him time to store energy during the match. 

Are we assuming the epics have their weaknesses? Do epics have weaknesses after Calamity? When is this fight set? I think I will assume that this is after Calamity and epics still have weaknesses, but a weakness is greatly diminished if the epic has faced it. 

Here's my round 2: 

Prof vs Wingflare

Jax vs Nightwielder

Steelslayer has to sit out this round. 

Prof beats Wingflare, probably. It might come down to speed, since Wingflare can cause your insides to be crushed with gravity and Prof can skewer you with forcefield lances or crush you with a forcefield bubble. I'm assuming gravity doesn't effect forcefields, since they float, and since why would they have mass? Also, even if Wingflare attacked quicker, Prof's massive healing ability might allow him to survive the crushing gravity long enough to kill her. Even if his healing powers don't allow him to do that, from what we've seen of his fighting (particularly against Steelheart and against Tavi) , I think he's very fast. Wingflare must have been pretty fast as a kid, since she did well in sports, but that was a long time ago. 

Obliteration beats Lifeforce. Lifeforce has no offensive abilities, and he will eventually run out of people to kill. Even if Obliteration didn't have much power stored up, he could just try to strangle Lifeforce, teleporting away every time Lifeforce starts to get the upper hand, until he kills him. On the other hand, can you stay with Obliteration by holding onto him while he teleports? If so, and if he ran out of heat energy at the same time Lifeforce ran out of people to kill, it could just end up being a hand-to-hand fight with no powers in play. I have no idea who would win then. I'm guessing Obliteration wins, but this match is a real wild card.

Jax vs Nightwielder: Probably Nightwielder. No great reason. Nighwielder is just a very powerful epic, and Jax isn't. 

Round 3:

Steelslayer vs Nightwielder. Steelslayer wins. His prime invincibility is very powerful, which is why Steelheart was in charge of Nightwielder. David knows Nighwielder's weakness, and can probably introduce UV light before Nightwielder can get him into water and figure out a way to kill him there. His weakness has been diminished anyway.

Prof has to sit this round out.

Round 4, championship: 

Prof vs Steelslayer: This depends how easily Steelslayer's energy beams can break Prof's forcefields. If Prof can keep Steelslayer in an forcefield cage he can starve or dehydrate him to death. I will assume that Steelheart needs food and water. Even if Steelslayer can cut through forcefields, Prof might be able to keep putting new bubbles around him until Steelslayer collapses. David is young, and probably will have a more enhanced physique than Prof, and Prof's healing doesn't keep him from getting tired, but Prof did seem to be able to keep running and dodging much longer than an ordinary person could have. As long as Steelheart can only cut a hole in the bubble, not pop it instantly, Prof would have a time and effort advantage. Of course, if Steelslayer can blast through a bubble and Prof's protective fields with one beam, he could decapitate Prof, but Prof can heal incredibly well and he did a good job dodging Steelheart before. If water is nearby, it would be easier to trigger David's weakness than Prof's. I'm biased, because Prof is my favorite, but I'm going to assume that Prof has enhanced stamina and that he even if Steelheart could puncture forcefields, he could repair a forcefield bubble indefinitely until Steelslayer got dehydrated and died.

Prof is the champion. 

Anyone care to refute any of the assumptions I made?

Edited by Vin(Diesel)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2022 at 10:07 PM, cardinal511 said:

Jax > Wingflare- I think this plays out much like in Lux. Wingflare keeps trying to play games and Jax eventually figures out her weakness. I don't think Jax wins many of these fights. He's just gotten fortunate matchups in the first two rounds. 

Stealslayer > Prof- I'm assuming for this that they don't know each other's weaknesses. Without the weaknesses, both are nearly unkillable. Here, David's weakness (water/the Ocean) is highly unlikely to come into play unless the cage match is done over water. It's also highly unlikely Prof guesses it quickly. Prof's weakness is failure, and his inability to kill Stealslayer David will eventually trigger that weakness, I think. 

I didn't realize David weakness is water.

• 1 month later...
On 10/20/2022 at 3:14 PM, Vin(Diesel) said:

I agree with cardinal511 about the winners of the first round, though I'm not sure about Steelslayer vs Obliteration. The books say that one way to kill a high epic is to overwhelm his prime invincibility with a nuclear bomb. Obliteration can make the equivalent of a nuclear bomb, given enough time, so it might depend if Obliteration starts the match with a lot of energy stored up. Obviously, Steelslayer wouldn't give him time to store energy during the match. 

Are we assuming the epics have their weaknesses? Do epics have weaknesses after Calamity? When is this fight set? I think I will assume that this is after Calamity and epics still have weaknesses, but a weakness is greatly diminished if the epic has faced it. 

Here's my round 2: 

Prof vs Wingflare

Jax vs Nightwielder

Steelslayer has to sit out this round. 

Prof beats Wingflare, probably. It might come down to speed, since Wingflare can cause your insides to be crushed with gravity and Prof can skewer you with forcefield lances or crush you with a forcefield bubble. I'm assuming gravity doesn't effect forcefields, since they float, and since why would they have mass? Also, even if Wingflare attacked quicker, Prof's massive healing ability might allow him to survive the crushing gravity long enough to kill her. Even if his healing powers don't allow him to do that, from what we've seen of his fighting (particularly against Steelheart and against Tavi) , I think he's very fast. Wingflare must have been pretty fast as a kid, since she did well in sports, but that was a long time ago. 

Obliteration beats Lifeforce. Lifeforce has no offensive abilities, and he will eventually run out of people to kill. Even if Obliteration didn't have much power stored up, he could just try to strangle Lifeforce, teleporting away every time Lifeforce starts to get the upper hand, until he kills him. On the other hand, can you stay with Obliteration by holding onto him while he teleports? If so, and if he ran out of heat energy at the same time Lifeforce ran out of people to kill, it could just end up being a hand-to-hand fight with no powers in play. I have no idea who would win then. I'm guessing Obliteration wins, but this match is a real wild card.

Jax vs Nightwielder: Probably Nightwielder. No great reason. Nighwielder is just a very powerful epic, and Jax isn't. 

Round 3:

Steelslayer vs Nightwielder. Steelslayer wins. His prime invincibility is very powerful, which is why Steelheart was in charge of Nightwielder. David knows Nighwielder's weakness, and can probably introduce UV light before Nightwielder can get him into water and figure out a way to kill him there. His weakness has been diminished anyway.

Prof has to sit this round out.

Round 4, championship: 

Prof vs Steelslayer: This depends how easily Steelslayer's energy beams can break Prof's forcefields. If Prof can keep Steelslayer in an forcefield cage he can starve or dehydrate him to death. I will assume that Steelheart needs food and water. Even if Steelslayer can cut through forcefields, Prof might be able to keep putting new bubbles around him until Steelslayer collapses. David is young, and probably will have a more enhanced physique than Prof, and Prof's healing doesn't keep him from getting tired, but Prof did seem to be able to keep running and dodging much longer than an ordinary person could have. As long as Steelheart can only cut a hole in the bubble, not pop it instantly, Prof would have a time and effort advantage. Of course, if Steelslayer can blast through a bubble and Prof's protective fields with one beam, he could decapitate Prof, but Prof can heal incredibly well and he did a good job dodging Steelheart before. If water is nearby, it would be easier to trigger David's weakness than Prof's. I'm biased, because Prof is my favorite, but I'm going to assume that Prof has enhanced stamina and that he even if Steelheart could puncture forcefields, he could repair a forcefield bubble indefinitely until Steelslayer got dehydrated and died.

Prof is the champion. 

Anyone care to refute any of the assumptions I made?

Just the stuff at the end.  Prof couldn't take on Steelheart, I don't think he could take on David.  Yeah, he wasn't playing with all his powers, but...the powers Steelheart has is...well...epic.  Invulnerability, lasors, flight, wind manipulation, super speed.  Prof's powers are great, force fields and healing, but...I don't know.  It really would wind up being Superman vs Green Lantern.  Can David punch through the force fields.  I feel like things have broken the force fields before.  Not sure.  

Of course, if they're allowed to prepare, David would just grab the suit that gives him Prof's powers, cause they cancel the force fields.  David is afraid of drowning, so that'll be hard to do since he can fly.  Maybe he can somehow get him in the water and put a force field on the surface so he can't get out?  But...yeah, being able to fly, he can just, you know, not go to the water.  

I dunno.  I feel David would have the advantage, here.