LIMBO

Goob

On 11/9/2021 at 2:20 PM, Danex said:

"I'll take that as a yes."

"well, I guess there's nothing left to do but plan the party itself!" I materialize inside the house that has appeared on the Meadow and sit down at a table.
"uhm...... does anyone know how to plan a party?" 

"Usually just put a bunch of people together and some food and it's a party."

1 hour ago, AmazingGoob said:

“But this can be a creation party. Food yes. People yes, but also making. Shaping this blank canvas of a universe into something beautiful and vibrant. We could practice by painting at the party. Then get into the cosmic stuff.”

2 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Alright, lets do that!"
I wave my arm and create something that...kinda resembles a table. If you squint just the right way.

It falls over. 

"Huh..... thought this would be easier. Well, now for the food." I wave my arm again and large blobs of carbon goop materialize in mid-air and splat onto the fallen almost-table. 

"Guys, I'm not entirely sure what food is but I think I got it wrong."

I shake my head. "Whatever. Well, the next step is people. Y'al! Get your 5th dimensional space-god butts over here! It's party time!"

Edited by Danex

I plucked a plump, ripe, plum from a tree within my meadow. Convienient that I had created that before creation became more difficult. However, men could not live by plum alone. We needed to work together or else our creative powers could interfere with each other.

"Plums anyone?" I asked, then declared, "I think I know what the problem is with trying to make things."

11 hours ago, Mage said:

Convienient that I had created that before creation became more difficult.

"I think I know what the problem is with trying to make things."

I was imagining that the problem was just that my character doesn't know how. He is rather ignorant in the specifics of things if you haven't noticed. For example: He doesn't even know what a pizza is. Just that his party needs them. I imagine that willing something into existence out of literal nothing requires a very deep understanding of that thing. Like. very deep. So he utterly failed.

I look away from my newly created mess and glace out the window. I watch as the meditator picks a plum from a tree. "Alright, fine, we can have a plum party. I guess that works. Hey, wanna come inside?"

23 hours ago, Mage said:

“But this can be a creation party. Food yes. People yes, but also making. Shaping this blank canvas of a universe into something beautiful and vibrant. We could practice by painting at the party. Then get into the cosmic stuff.”

know what I don't care what direction we go in this RP any more. cosmic gods? sure why not, though let's keep it in the realm of understandability and probably... character-ness

"That sounds good. Though I'm not sure on the... 'cosmic stuff.'"

23 hours ago, Danex said:

"Alright, lets do that!"
I wave my arm and create something that...kinda resembles a table. If you squint just the right way.

It falls over. 

"Huh..... thought this would be easier. Well, now for the food." I wave my arm again and large blobs of carbon goop materialize in mid-air and splat onto the fallen almost-table. 

"Guys, I'm not entirely sure what food is but I think I got it wrong."

I shake my head. "Whatever. Well, the next step is people. Y'al! Get your 5th dimensional space-god butts over here! It's party time!"

"Here, I can make the food."
I close my eyes, focus... and once I open my eyes, there's three tables worth of food, including pizza, chicken, turkey, soup- it looks like a generic feast like you would see in a movie or tv show, though the last table is entirely filled with deserts like pastries, candies, cakes and pies.

11 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

"That sounds good. Though I'm not sure on the... 'cosmic stuff.'"

"By that I meant things of perhaps greater relevance and importance than partying and social status. Unless the Partygoer knows something I don't, popularity doesn't much matter in this realm. Cosmic stuff... call it coordinated creation, establishing a government, discovering more about the nature of this place."

3 minutes ago, Mage said:

"By that I meant things of perhaps greater relevance and importance than partying and social status. Unless the Partygoer knows something I don't, popularity doesn't much matter in this realm. Cosmic stuff... call it coordinated creation, establishing a government, discovering more about the nature of this place."

"I know what you meant by that," I saw as I grab a gyoza off the first table. "But I'm just a person. I'm not really informed on what I'm supposed to do as a god now."

8 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

"I know what you meant by that," I saw as I grab a gyoza off the first table. "But I'm just a person. I'm not really informed on what I'm supposed to do as a god now."

"Well, from what I remember of my spiritual journey as a mortal, gods were supposed to comfort and guide the mortals, bless them if they paid homage to the god, and maybe send catastrophic events to punish those who disobeyed them every now and then. Now that I think about it though, there are no mortals to guide, bless, or punish. Perhaps if we all worked in union we could create some. EVERYBODY, listen to me. I need you all to concentrate on creating humans for a moment. Maybe 10 will do for now. Get a good diverse mix, then on my count everyone try to create the people that you picture in your mind."

I really hope that this does not create some kind of twisted creature. It should work if we all work together right? My thoughts were troubled as I began the count down.

"Three, two, one!"

13 hours ago, Mage said:

"Well, from what I remember of my spiritual journey as a mortal, gods were supposed to comfort and guide the mortals, bless them if they paid homage to the god, and maybe send catastrophic events to punish those who disobeyed them every now and then. Now that I think about it though, there are no mortals to guide, bless, or punish. Perhaps if we all worked in union we could create some. EVERYBODY, listen to me. I need you all to concentrate on creating humans for a moment. Maybe 10 will do for now. Get a good diverse mix, then on my count everyone try to create the people that you picture in your mind."

I really hope that this does not create some kind of twisted creature. It should work if we all work together right? My thoughts were troubled as I began the count down.

"Three, two, one!"

"WAIT!" I yell before the Meditator can finish his countdown. "When you say humans, do you mean like actual homo sapiens or like humanoids or just intelligent life?" Why was I getting stressed? I was a god now, I didn't have anything to stress about!

Edited by AmazingGoob

2 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

"WAIT!" I yell before the Meditator can finish his . "When you say humans, do you mean like actual homo sapiens or like humanoids or just intelligent life?" Why was I getting stressed? I was a god now, I didn't have anything to stress about!

I ceased right before I summoned my creative powers. I had been too hasty.

"I apologize for my haste. Perhaps we should all either come to a consensus on what we mean by a human, or simply be the sole inhabitants of this realm. Either way I am itching to create something, but my power has diminished since I summoned this meadow and I can't really create without your help."

Goob, I'm trying to stick to the original intent of this RP, but I'm probably not doing a very good job of it.

25 minutes ago, Mage said:

I ceased right before I summoned my creative powers. I had been too hasty.

"I apologize for my haste. Perhaps we should all either come to a consensus on what we mean by a human, or simply be the sole inhabitants of this realm. Either way I am itching to create something, but my power has diminished since I summoned this meadow and I can't really create without your help."

Ok our powers aren't fading THAT fast

"Do we have to start with people? I feel like we still have a ways to go. I mean, look up- there's no sky, no sun, no stars. Look down- there's no ground. I don't know what I'm standing on, but it certainly isn't dirt. And, who says we can't get a little creative?"