LIMBO

Goob

4 minutes ago, Mage said:

"I think the one you call the inventor, is simply trying to reach the fullest potential of what is possible in this place. That can't happen when he is constrained by a physical body. This place is a limbo of sorts. A blank slate, upon which we are artists. Creating. We do not have all power, despite what some may think *cough*Frustration*cough* but there are many things we can do. There is peace here in my meadow. But there is potential outside of it. They are not mutually exclusive though."

As my memories kept returning, I realized that I was a monk in the life before. If that life existed at all and was not some sort of fabrication to rationalize a spontaneous beginning of existance.

Well, if we're naming each other I'm the Dreamer, Fadran's the Inventor and you're the Meditator. I actually really like this naming scheme

"Well, I initially thought this was a lucid dream where I had infinite power- after all, it was all in my mind. Maybe that isn't very far off?"
This was like a strange collaborative project, except the project was... everything? And we had to live in it?
That could be... fun. Yeah, that's what I would call it. Fun.

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:

Each of the seven made an object. The youngest, who knows nothing, made a light so they could explore. The next, who knows little but excepts it, made ground, so it could walk. The third, who knows little but believes they know all, plants of all kinds, but also flowers so that they could appreciate the flower's beauty. The fourth, who knows some but thinks they know more, made fire, so they could do many things. The fifth, who knows some and excepts it, shaped the ground to have many forms, from shifting sands to solid rock to life-rich dirt. The second to last, who knows most, made books so that their knowledge may be preserved. The last, who knows all, made nothing, instead molding all the creations together into a cohesive whole.

Er, go back a page and see what I said to Frustration

cool creation myth though

5 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Chill I already explained it to them. unless you're worried about the particle physics

Edited by AmazingGoob

I proffer my new language to the other beings here.

I would like to clarify that my language is pretty much everything but. It isn't phonetic, pictographic, spoken, or lingual by any means, but it does express ideas between individuals. Given that our idea of language is developed in a physical world with physical laws, it technically isn't possible to accurately translate anything said in this new 'language' my character has conceived.

But this is an RP, so we'll just roll with it.

6 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

I proffer my new language to the other beings here.

I peak my head out the door. The Inventor is... speaking? But not really. It felt like language of some kind, but... not. I couldn't understand it, that's for sure.

Remember, me. I think. I can... wait. Me? That felt weird. Something's... missing. 
I try and remember what I've forgotten, but it's no use. I shrug, thinking it's probably not important and continue my previous train of thought.
Even if this isn't a dream, you can still create things, like that spoon. I'll just... make a translator!
So I concentrate, and in a moment there's a small electronic device attached to my head, sort of like a headset, but somehow attached to my cheek.
I continue to listen to the Inventor and realize that I can now understand them!

7 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

I congratulate the Person on their ability to understand me.

"Thanks, I guess. This might be a bit much to ask of you, but could you maybe not melt next time? It was rather unnerving."

4 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Melt is your term for... the change of energy states, yes?"

"Yeah. Also you being a disembodied voice is... a little weird? Like I would like to know where to look when I'm speaking with you."

welp retcont the other lad out of this, he won't fit.

The Philosopher accepted the proffered language.

Language, it was the essence of ideas, but ideas were also the essence of language, could one even exist without the other?

The Philosopher tried but could not separate them.

"A truth beyond all power, Language and ideas are but one and the same."

Another wave of memory washed over me. I had been a monk. The name Meditator fit me.

Language. They were speaking of language. If my memories were to be trusted I had known a language called Thai. Well, that language was likely irrelevant now. I spoke in the language that we collectively had created, "I too accept this language. But now that we have a basis of communication we need to work together to use our power to do something. If we are all trying to accomplish our own purposes, this world will stay in balance. This is fine, but to bring about change we need to combine our forces to tip the fundamental balance of the universe."

10 hours ago, The Unknown Order said:

"Hi, I'm Devin. Well, I used to be Devin, I don't think I want to be called that anymore." 'Devin' is a giant purple monster with twenty-one tentacles, one of which has many small tentacles coming off of it, creating 'fingers.'

Oh another person! This one seemed normal from their voice, though it was coming from behind me.

I turn to greet  the newcomer and at the sight of the thing I sharply inhale. "Ah, hello. It's nice to meet you. Though I think I'll let someone else give you a new name."

I turn back, and then there's another new person. Where were they coming from?

1 hour ago, Mage said:

If we are all trying to accomplish our own purposes, this world will stay in balance. This is fine, but to bring about change we need to combine our forces to tip the fundamental balance of the universe."

1 hour ago, Frustration said:

"The question is should we? If the universe is balanced who are we to disrupt it?"

"Do you see the universe at the moment? It's empty. You can't balance anything if there's nothing on the scales."

Edited by AmazingGoob

13 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Yeah. Also you being a disembodied voice is... a little weird? Like I would like to know where to look when I'm speaking with you."

"Looking is from the world of yours, not mine."

10 hours ago, Frustration said:

The Philosopher accepted the proffered language.

Language, it was the essence of ideas, but ideas were also the essence of language, could one even exist without the other?

The Philosopher tried but could not separate them.

"A truth beyond all power, Language and ideas are but one and the same."

"Perhaps they are." I agree. "But what a Language is cannot be known."

4 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Do you see the universe at the moment? It's empty. You can't balance anything if there's nothing on the scales."

"And what purpose would it have if we were to add to it? Is our purpose to add? If so why, and who gave it to us?"

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Perhaps they are." I agree. "But what a Language is cannot be known."

"Can ideas be known?"

7 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Looking is from the world of yours, not mine."

"Er, okay... But a body could still be useful. I don't know if your world had objects but this one does, and a body is helpful when manipulating stuff. You don't even have to place your consciousness in it, if you don't want to. You can just use it as a puppet, Inventor." 

I decide to ignore the Philosopher for now. This entire experience already gave me a headache.

Edited by AmazingGoob

5 minutes ago, Frustration said:

"And what purpose would it have if we were to add to it? Is our purpose to add? If so why, and who gave it to us?"

"Can ideas be known?"

"Ideas must be known." I display curiosity. "But perhaps not?"

1 minute ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Er, okay... But a body cold still be useful. I don't know if your world had objects but this one does, and a body is helpful when manipulating objects. You don't even have to place your consciousness in it, if you don't want to. You can just use it as a puppet, Inventor." 

I decide to ignore the Philosopher for now. This entire experience already gave me a headache.

"An existing body for an existing world is useful, yes, but not for one such as this."

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Ideas must be known." I display curiosity. "But perhaps not?"

"An existing body for an existing world is useful, yes, but not for one such as this."

Why was I debating this with a disembodied ghost-voice from another universe. How had my life gone downhill so quickly.

"But it does exist. There just isn't anything here except us. Here, try to catch this." I pull out the spoon from my pocket and underhand throw it in the general direction of the Inventor's voice.

1 hour ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Exaclty," I told the Dreamer, "Balance and harmony are good within oneself, but in the outside world you must create, destroy and progress. We cannot have harmony yet. First we need a world to have peace and balance within. Now is the time for action."

2 hours ago, Mage said:

"Exaclty," I told the Dreamer, "Balance and harmony are good within oneself, but in the outside world you must create, destroy and progress. We cannot have harmony yet. First we need a world to have peace and balance within. Now is the time for action."

"We could make a paradise."

The more I think about the actual situation I'm in, the more I like about it. A permanent lucid dream? Where you could do anything you want?