LIMBO

Goob

Welcome to
LIMBO.
Where everyone, collectively, is God.

Welcome! Welcome! Here we are, in LIMBO. As you can see at the moment, there is quite literally nothing here. Nothing at all. This "place" lacks the inherent properties of the world you know- both space and time are completely lacking. For all intents and purposes, this place does not exist. Here, let me explain.
You likely know of the multiverse- the never ending prism of a thousand different stories, possibilities, peoples, and existences that make up Everything. It's quite beautiful, reality. You should go see it some time. But that's a story for another day- what you need to know is that this place, LIMBO, is where every universe- every single one of the infinite possibilities that makes up the Everything- intersects. Each touch and mingle here- you can think of it as point 0,0 of the multiverse, each universe spreading outward as one of the infinite spokes of the Wheel of All.
You might guess that a intersection such as that would be a chaotic combination of them all- an massive mess of ideas, matter, and just... stuff, strewn about everywhere. You would be wrong, however, as in an infinite multiverse where everything that can happen, will happen, everything just... cancels out. Every universe that would've added something to this nothing destructively interferes with another, perfectly opposite universe. It's strange- all of everything combined is just... nothing.
Until you, of course! Now, you might be wondering how we are speaking in a non-place, but the nice thing about non-places is that they have no rules, including rules about partially existing in non-existence. There's also no rules forbidding self-contradicting logic!
You see, when there's true, absolute Nothing, there's only one stray variable remaining. 
You! And any other consciousnesses currently in LIMBO, of course. I'm not entirely sure how you're here (Or heck, how I'M here, or even know all of this,) but YOU- your wants, needs, expectations, emotions, personality, hopes, dreams, and everything else that makes up you is the one and only thing that effects the land around you. 
For example, once you enter into LIMBO, firstly you'll begin to exist. Well, obviously, but that's more special than you think- you cannot imagine not existing, so LIMBO makes you. (Actually, maybe that's how you ended up here?)
Then, you become you. Your past materializes in your brain. After all, without your past, You would be nothing. You believe you came from somewhere- assumedly from one of the universes, and whether or not that's true doesn't matter.
Thirdly, assuming you had one in your maybe-real maybe-fabricated past, you would probably make a body, as you cannot picture yourself without your physical form
Anyways, you get the picture. It's all rather... existential, isn't it? Well, at least you won't be alone! Lots and lots of other people will be there too, all of their consciousnesses effecting LIMBO as well. Eventually, perhaps, it'll end up making a modicum of sense!
Also you won't remember this conversation and you'll be immortal.
Have a nice existence! 

Edited by AmazingGoob

Hmm. Fadran is doing first person. A unique choice for an RP. I'll probably stick to a comfortable third

He realized that there were no rules. Nothing at all in fact. Does this mean that I can promise I am lying, and not contradict myself? An interesting thought, and something, despite his relatively short existence, that he had always wanted to try. "To all those within the sound of my voice," He shouted into the void, "I swear unto you that I am currently speaking falsehoods!" Existence did not fracture at the contradiction. Mildly disappointing.

I guess with the way that Amazing Goob set this up, 1st person makes more sense. I'll switch now instead of later.

"I apologize for causing you inconvenience and potential awkwardness." I gaze around, noting an odd egg shape to our empty plane. What is an egg? Fragments of memory enter my mind.

"Who are all of you, and how did we come to be." So much potential in emptiness. What to do with it?

I awaken.

Well, that's what it feels like. It takes me a couple moments to realize I'm not in my bed at home, and a couple more to realize I'm standing up. What? I think. My head darts around, trying to figure out where I was. There was just... nothing.  Well that wasn't entirely true, as there was a ground to stand on and gravity to pull me down. But the sky... I couldn't tell  if it was the sky or just the ceiling. Either choice just felt wrong, somehow.

A streak of panic shot through my chest. Where was I? Was I dead? I didn't want to be dead!

I glanced down. I was wearing a plain shirt and shorts but was barefoot. Strangely, the ground below me felt like... Tiles? Kitchen tiles? Why was the afterlife tiled?

Additionally, the tiles were pulsating and a faint purple. 

Nearly immediately I relaxed. This was just a dream! Even better, it was a lucid one. I had had a couple lucid dreams before, though this one felt rather more lucid-y than my previous ones.

I closed my eyes and focused on my hand, doing the exercise I did the other few times I had managed to lucid dream. It seemed a little harder but then, without a sound, a spoon appeared in my hand. I admired it for a moment, smacking the back of the round side against my other palm before pocketing it. (had that pocket been there before?)

Anyways, at the moment this dream was rather bland. I decided to get some people to talk to, and when I turn around, there they are- a trio of assumedly people, though I couldn't describe them. They were fuzzy, like how dreams felt when you begin to wake up.

"Hello!"

Right now we are all really powerful, but our power will decline as more people (PCs or NPCs alike) come in and dilute each person's influence on LIMBO.

Edited by AmazingGoob

1 hour ago, AmazingGoob said:

Right now we are all really powerful, but our power will decline as more people (PCs or NPCs alike) come in and dilute each person's influence on LIMBO.

Well shoot. Better do some stuff with this power while I can.

As memory trickles into my mind, and new beings show up into the nothingness I become overwhelmed. Hence I create a solitary bubble of peace. A brook, trees, wildflowers. I know that I will soon have to leave, but this bubble would give me a moment to recover.

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

I knock on the bubble. "Hello? I invented cookies. They're pretty good. Want some?"

This was already getting rather weird, but I decided to humor the dream.

"What do you mean you 'invented' cookies?"

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"They're, uhh..." I invent the terms for geometric shapes and edibility on the spot. "Little food circles."

Now I just have to reverse-engineer a way to make these naturally.

"I know what a cookie is!" I laugh. "But you can't invent something that already exists."

Edited by AmazingGoob

8 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"...They didn't exist."

"If you say so. If you feel up to it, could you 'invent' some sugar cookies? They're my favorite."

I think I'll call this strange person the Inventor. Seems fitting.

Edited by AmazingGoob

I frown. This... entity (new word!)... they existed. But differently. In more ways than one.

Physical. That's what it was. I start conceiving three dimensions, drawing upon what I already have from the 'geometry' I created just a few ago.

A few... I frown again. Perhaps a... ... ... a measurement would be helpful here. For the passing of moments. Of instances.

This person calls it Time. It's a word, from a language: a set of physical sounds strung together, each wrapped into an interlace of lines as a representation. A means of communication by the accessibility of a physical being.

So many requirements. It wouldn't do.

So I conceive a trade of ideas beyond the restraints of space, dimensions, and 'time.'

No one ever said our universe had to be anything like the one we live in!

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

4 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

"What the heck is a scud?"

@Mage

20 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

So I conceive a trade of ideas beyond the restraints of space, dimensions, and 'time.'

The Inventor looked mildly displeased so I decide change the subject. "So, anyways, so you know what that guy that went into that meadow-place was doing? I mean, he just-" I turn and there's suddenly a fourth person there. "Oh, ah, hello!"

’Twasn’t I that said scud. I’m more of a storm/rust kinda guy. Also I’m going to switch to past-tense if that’s okay

“Rust! These are good,” said I as I tasted the cookie and was hit with the full force of a realization of Space, Time, and Dimensions.

30 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

I realize that eternity and time cannot coexist. If every moment ends, then shouldn't they all at the end?

And what is this... happening? Things must occur at a moment. Or so this entity seemed to believe. But... perhaps not?

"Uh, are you okay?" I say, grabbing and biting into a perfectly normal tasting cookie.

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Why is our conception such in one direction?"

"What?" I try and think through the phrase but it just doesn't make sense in my head. "Could you clarify? Do you mean like... Opinion-wise? Why we see the world how we do?"

Something felt off. People in dreams never talked like this.