Was Alanik refering to Lotr ?

Friendshipspren

Ok so Alanik says that human cytonics have influenced Urdail mythology and vice versa and  specifically talks how UrDail cytonics influenced a book by an ancient human author , something about a ring . Is she refering to Tolkien's Lotr and  elvish implied to be based of UrDailic ?

But before that we worked together for centuries. Cytonics from my planet made contact with yours long before either of us were spacefaring.

You inspired myths that we still treasure, and your people wrote about mine in their own mythology. One of your ancient writers even preserved bits of our language, so that when we began to travel across the universe, some of your people could speak to mine.”

I’d never read the book, though now I wished I had. There were still a few copies on ReDawn. Something about a ring.

7 hours ago, ftl said:

Wait, does that make the UrDail elves?

Well, the UrDail build cities in massive trees, and if humans were only interacting with cytonic UrDail, then they may all have had massively expanded lifespans (since in Defending Elysium that seems to be something achievable via cytonics,) so yeah, seems fairly likely.

On 10/31/2021 at 3:23 AM, ftl said:

Wait, does that make the UrDail elves?

I immediately got Elven vibes off of them when she mentioned they had been to earth.

I also completely missed the line about the ring, tying it directly to Lord of the Rings.

Quite funny then that their people are later referenced as being Angels / Demons in earth mythology.