8 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

muahahahaha :P

Good game village! There were definitely times where y'all had me worried you'd catch up to us. Mat, thanks for running the game!

you know this means the sword vote *has* to continue now

i mean

look at it

its so accurate

100% accuracy rate

i see no flaws in any of this logic

20 minutes ago, Danex said:

i mean

look at it

its so accurate

100% accuracy rate

shhh no :P. you'll only be right once in twenty games because that's how rarely I roll as elim :P.

GG! That was really fun. I am definitely playing more of this! Mat, you run this really well, prolly better than some of the other elimination games I have played(sorry Abstrusity if you read this XD).

Edit: yall are also one of the best groups I have played with. This is the first elim game I have done on a forum, and it sure does fit it better than discord

Edited by SeaDragonet
to add in another bit so that i do not double post

So yeah, good game to all the elims! We only ever had votes on one of you, and that was partly from TJ trying to bus, so I'm not even sure if it counts. And thanks to @Matrim's Dice for running again, I had a lot of fun totally not helping the village at all. I'm kinda glad the elims killed me off at the end there. I obviously need to change something about my strategy, because I have a 4-game village loss streak right now...

11 hours ago, Danex said:

i mean

look at it

its so accurate

100% rate

Well I ran some statistical tests, and conclude that there is insufficient evidence to show that the sword vote will not yield a result different than 100%. This is extrapolating from your single data point. Further testing will be needed.

Alright! Post-game GM thoughts time.

First, while I didn't the activity was terrible, it wasn't as good as it could have been. Vote participation did get better as the game went on but in some cases it was the only post the voter made. I kinda want to make a general wake-up call for the entire subforum as far as activity goes (maybe this doesn't need to be said, idk) but games in general are more fun and go better if everyone engages in it. There was one cycle where 2/3 of the elim team received inactivity warnings, and I think that this helped the elims just sort of slide under the radar for the most part.

The solution for this is simply to just sign up for games only if you know you can participate. I don't want to bash on anyone, and I hope this isn't taken that way. Especially now, when player counts are pretty low, every player is appreciated. I'm glad the Soul Forger was included, that was what made me want to rerun this ruleset to begin with. But the Soul Forger went inactive D2. (And I mean, they were NK'd, but because of the low-info prospect).

With that out of the way, I do want to sincerely thank everyone for playing. I like GMing a lot, and this game was no exception.

The elims got lucky with their kills, and I'm pretty disappointed that Ash was killed so early (especially since it appeared that he would make scepters at any given opportunity.)

Funny moments during the game boil down to action interactions. Devo was redirected and RBd consecutively, including the cycle TUO was exed. His final action was to block Devo's action, which would have saved his life and killed Steel instead. That might have resulted in a different game :P And then of course the final cycle where Tani killed her arbiter alongside the elims. There's probably something else I'm forgetting, but those are the main things.

Thanks to Elan again for the ruleset, and for IMing!

Oh yeah, I like in the dead doc how Archer was extremely convinced that I was elim all of this game.

Another note, when I mentioned that AG1 and AG2 are good games to read, I stand by that. The Tyrian Falls games are some of the best games we have run, in terms of the core mafia experience, and I think they touch on some things important to the current meta. While only a couple of the players are still around, those games have our "standard" rules that are still in the back of everyone's minds. There's also a lot more fun RP to read than there has been recently, for those who enjoy that.

14 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Another note, when I mentioned that AG1 and AG2 are good games to read, I stand by that. The Tyrian Falls games are some of the best games we have run, in terms of the core mafia experience, and I think they touch on some things important to the current meta. 

Ouch, brutal :P You mean the ones where the Village messes it up and the noisy people die early and judge hard from the dead doc while the Village sort of idles out into death? :P

While only a couple of the players are still around, those games have our "standard" rules that are still in the back of everyone's minds.

Just you, I think.

those games have our "standard" rules that are still in the back of everyone's minds.

#TyrianFallsBestRuleset

There's also a lot more fun RP to read than there has been recently, for those who enjoy that.

Rent! Rent! Rent! Rent!

-

I was told TJ embarked on a paranoid rant about me and Orlok possibly getting into contact in the Elim doc before Mat told him I'd dropped out of the game. Thanks Mat :P 

3 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Ouch, brutal :P You mean the ones where the Village messes it up and the noisy people die early and judge hard from the dead doc while the Village sort of idles out into death? :P

I mean, we did some of that this game :P. I’m pretty sure I was filling Wilson’s shoes this game, except I didn’t need help from Claincy to doom the village.

37 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

I was told TJ embarked on a paranoid rant about me and Orlok possibly getting into contact in the Elim doc before Mat told him I'd dropped out of the game. Thanks Mat :P 

In my GM PM, but yes :P. I'll never not freak out about rolling elim :P.

Oh wait we won? Nice, I guess. I didn't really do anything :ph34r: sorry that RL got in the way

I think this solidifies my need to go into retirement for the moment, I just have way too much going on in life to even remember the game, much less be active. I feel bad about that, because I miss being as active as I was before my mission. 

Anyway, despite that, feel free to summon me if you ever need an SK. 

I also walk away from the game with 2 skeletals to my name. Woo hoo. 

Edited by Steeldancer

What a fantastic continuation of the battle between the Heritage and Glory factions! Thanks, Matrim, for running this game and honoring me by rerunning (and fixing) my ruleset. Congratulations to the Heritage Faction (TJ, SeaDragonet, and Steeldancer) for reclaiming what was lost. Maybe the Glory Faction will have another chance to fight back...

If you're new to Sanderson Elimination and would be interested in joining a game, check out the SE General Rules & Etiquette Policy for a breakdown of how each game format works. Game signups are pinned to the thread for at least a week before they're locked and the game begins, so keep an eye out if you're interested in joining.

If you would like to run a game, please post in the GM Signups & Discussion Thread and request to be added to the list. Available game types include Long Games, Mid-Range Games, Quick-Fix games, and the new Break Tank Games. We encourage you to have a specific ruleset in mind before signing up.

Head to The Art of Game Creation to get feedback on rules you're considering. We have plenty of experienced players and GMs who can help you refine any game. You can also send the rules (including secret and blackout rules) to our game approval committee, which includes Stink, Amanuensis, Sart, Fifth Scholar, Straw, Kasimir, and Archer, as well as our mods, little wilsonDevotary of SpontaneityElberethAraris Valerian, or myself. We will help you out in any way we can.

Thanks again to everyone who made this game and community possible. We look forward to killing seeing you in future games! :ph34r:

Edited by Elandera