Ookla the Procrastinator

Under appreciated moments

6 posts in this topic

So this thread is for people to talk about moments they really like from Sanderson’s books that they feel like don’t get talked about much. It can be whatever you like from a cool fight scene, but some funny banter, to a moment of random world building that isn’t necessary but is just really fun. So really it can be anything, but don’t make it something like, You cannot have my pain, because that moment definitely gets enough love (It definitely deserves it) but it gets enough already so you talk about something you haven’t heard anyone else mention

I really just made this thread because I was re-reading Alcatraz and wanted to tell you how much I love the chapter from The Shattered Lens that is only dialogue. It’s really funny, and I think people need to know about it. 

I like when Alloy of Law mentions that it was The Lord Mistborn who gave Elendel his name. That part made me--a teenage boy mind you--almost cry. It was just a hearkening back to era 1 and how much Spook looked up to his role models: Kelsier, Elend, and Vin. Elend represented all of the things Spook wished he could become during the original trilogy and finally did become after the Catecendre. I dunno. Thinking about it is almost making me cry. Rust.

I didn't discover this until a reread so I feel like it's under appreciated

• Wayne making the world a better place with improv mixed drinks.
  • Lightsong's Awakened Squirrel
  • Consistent Metal associations in Fabrials and Metallic arts
  • "Do they know of an Honorspren named Riah?  She was my friend once.  Precious to me."
  • Limelight...
  • The Reockoner's reaction to David's "thorough" notes.

Edited by Quantus

David making Abraham eat the hotdog tops the list for me. 

3 hours ago, Quantus said:

The Reockoner's reaction to David's "thorough" notes.

19 minutes ago, Invocation said:

David making Abraham eat the hotdog tops the list for me. 

I need to reread Reckoners. It's been about 2 years. Wow.

Another moment: The scene in Shattered Lens when Alcatraz tells you to act out the following scene. And then there is a scene later in the book when he specifically tells you to NOT act it out.

Maybe people do talk about this one, but I really love the play Shallan retold in Oathbringer. Where there was the girl with the scarf, who would climb the wall despite all of her town calling her crazy. I don't know why, I just think it was really interesting story telling, and showed Shallan's struggle in a really creative way.