Thoughts on the last ideal of the Bondsmiths

LordFlea

I think the last ideal might include some theme on deciding, or having the ability to decide what is and isn't honourable, much the same as a 5th ideal Skybreaker.

I think this might even be linked to someone assuming the mantle of Honour, but that is speculation.

Thoughts?

I dont think that will be the norm, or the historic direction of it.  At most I think that will be the vector of Dalinar specifically as the first Bondsmith of Tanavast's ghost.  But prior to that one was the Bondsmith of the Storm more than Honor itself, and the other two have even less direct association with Honor, and at least as much with Cultivation.  But I also would be entirely accepting of the three Bondsmiths having more individualized Ideals that diverge from each other relative to the differences in their Spren.

Yeah, I assume they'll be pretty personal, especially on the Fifth Oath Level. I wouldn't be surprised if for Dalinar specifically, as the Bondsmith of Tanavast's Ghost, it'll be something close to "I am Honour" or something like that, but for Navani it would certainly be different. Makes me wonder what old Stormfather Bondsmiths had. Especially since A Storm isn't very closely connected to the concept of Honor

On 10/25/2021 at 9:24 AM, Benkinsky said:

Yeah, I assume they'll be pretty personal, especially on the Fifth Oath Level. I wouldn't be surprised if for Dalinar specifically, as the Bondsmith of Tanavast's Ghost, it'll be something close to "I am Honour" or something like that, but for Navani it would certainly be different. Makes me wonder what old Stormfather Bondsmiths had. Especially since A Storm isn't very closely connected to the concept of Honor

In Stormlight, the Winds and Storms are closely connected to Honor, for whatever reason.  In fact, in Oathbreaker, Shallan sees a 'common depiction of the Almighty" which turns out to be a Stormcloud with lightning, or something like that.  

I think Brandon was doing the whole "God of the Sky and Godess of the Earth" thing from Greek Mythology when he developed these.  That's why Honor Spren are like Wind Spren, and the Remnant of Honor is the Stormfather.  

Do we know the fourth Ideal of a bondsmith? Did I miss it somewhere?

I do think however that Dalinar atleast is about Uniting the splinters of Honor and make it into a shard again.

Atleast i would love to see a splintered shard reforged into a single shard!! 

Edited by Aon Tia