How much does a Breath cost?

Trusk'our

Question

10 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Trusk'our said:

Thanks so much! :)

So I guess that you don't have to be THAT rich to afford Breath, just moderately rich.

Well, that's $8,000 for one breath, not a lot you can do with just one, you need at least 20 or so for you to do much more than mess around with lifeless.

8,000*20

$160,000, for much of anything.

4 hours ago, Frustration said:

Well, that's $8,000 for one breath, not a lot you can do with just one, you need at least 20 or so for you to do much more than mess around with lifeless.

8,000*20

$160,000, for much of anything.

True, I suppose. I meant more along the lines of that you didn't need to be a millionaire to be a candidate for purchasing Breath.

If you look at this as feeding a small family for a year in Hallandren, I think a better guess would be the price to feed a family for a year in a large city like New York City. Per this article (https://smartasset.com/mortgage/what-is-the-cost-of-living-in-new-york-city), it cost 471.34 per month to eat there. A family of four spending that much per person is $22642 per year. That is much closer to my intuition for the cost of a breath and it would mean that Vivenna has about 13.5 million dollars of breath. It would also mean that Susebron, as someone who has 10th heightening, would be a billionaire. 

Edited by DougTheRug
clarity

On 10/25/2021 at 7:28 AM, DougTheRug said:

If you look at this as feeding a small family for a year in Hallandren, I think a better guess would be the price to feed a family for a year in a large city like New York City. Per this article (https://smartasset.com/mortgage/what-is-the-cost-of-living-in-new-york-city), it cost 471.34 per month to eat there. A family of four spending that much per person is $22642. That is much closer to my intuition for the cost of a breath and it would mean that Vivenna has about 13.5 million dollars of breath. It would also mean that Susebron, as someone who has 10th heightening, would be a billionaire. 

The more you narrow in on a specific place the more discrepencies you are going to find, New York has a lot of economic policies that increase the price of basically anything, even without its size, so I think just using the average for the US would be a better estimate for economic transfer.

Edited by Frustration

On 10/25/2021 at 8:28 AM, DougTheRug said:

If you look at this as feeding a small family for a year in Hallandren, I think a better guess would be the price to feed a family for a year in a large city like New York City. Per this article (https://smartasset.com/mortgage/what-is-the-cost-of-living-in-new-york-city), it cost 471.34 per month to eat there. A family of four spending that much per person is $22642. That is much closer to my intuition for the cost of a breath and it would mean that Vivenna has about 13.5 million dollars of breath. It would also mean that Susebron, as someone who has 10th heightening, would be a billionaire. 

Yeah this sounds more accurate.