Slaying Fused via Hemalurgy?

Trusk'our

Question

We know that the Fused must feed on voidlight or some other kind of investiture to survive, as they are cognitive shadows. Hemalurgy can, however, steal individuals powers, and then (obviously) prevent them from continuing to use that power. 

So would stealing a Fuse's power to use voidbinding eventually starve them to death because they can no longer feed on voidlight?

4 answers to this question

13 hours ago, Trusk'our said:

We know that the Fused must feed on voidlight or some other kind of investiture to survive, as they are cognitive shadows. Hemalurgy can, however, steal individuals powers, and then (obviously) prevent them from continuing to use that power. 

So would stealing a Fuse's power to use voidbinding eventually starve them to death because they can no longer feed on voidlight?

I think that if you did hemalurgy on a fused, they would either die immediately or be able to heal using their powers. Hemalurgy basically rips a chunk off the soul, but that can be healed, similarly to a shardblade wound. If you stole a fused's powers, they would either die, as their powers and immortality are connected to each other, or their body would die, they would go more insane than they already were, and they would be reborn without their powers. If you knew what you were doing though, you could probably straight up steal their immortality.

13 hours ago, Trusk'our said:

I think it might kill the host body and leave the fused untouched to inhabit someone else later at best.

I am also skeptical that you could steal the ability to use void or stromlight from someone without stealing the fused or spren themselves and bonding a fused means they over write you and you are gone.

Considering WoB has said Nicrosil Hemalurgy rips out the Investiture of the person's soul, I think it would be plausible at least. But other than stealing Breath, we don't know what Nicrosil Hemalurgy can actually do. I'd also wager that Duralumin could do it by stealing their Connection to Odium, same result as when Jezrien's Connection to the Oathpact was broken.