What d&d class would Stormlight characters be?

Trusk'our

Question

10 answers to this question

I have thought about this a lot, and I've generally fallen towards the idea that they're some kind of warlock, as pact of the blade can be used to emulate shardblades. Potentially done best through pact of the celestial to get access to healing abilities, and then you can take the invocation misty visions and mask of many faces to get illumination. Though I've also tried to do a windrunner build based on genie pact, which grants a slow flight speed. Though that was slightly disappointing when I realized that warlocks don't get reverse gravity, which is perfect for windrunners. Ultimately though, I still do believe warlock is the best class for replicating radiant abilities.

Edit: It occurs to me that I was talking about the Knights Radiant in general rather than specific Stormlight characters, but I never actually specified that, so I'm doing it now.

Edited by HSuperLee

agree that Pact of the Blade Warlock is almost a perfect fit or most of the Knights Radiant, though potentially with different patrons for the different orders. basically taking the 2nd Oath, and getting a Blade would be roughly equivalent to hitting level 3 and taking that pact.  and the 3rd Oath must be at least level 5, where you get 3rd level spells and an additional invocation. the Artificer Armorer Specialty might fit too for anyone with enough oaths to get Plate and the Eldritch Knight Fighter specialty seems fitting too. so a KR with a Blade must have a minimum of 3 levels of Warlock, and most probably have a level or two from their prior occupations.  Dalinar is probably at least a 9th level Battle Master Fighter in addition to Warlock levels

most Shardbearers are probably Fighters with either the Battle Master or Banneret specialties