POKEMON

My first thought when I heard about the three storylines and the school path was "okay, so Pokemon is now just pulling a Fire Emblem Three Houses. Cool, I can get behind that." AND I SHALL! If I didn't always try to model the player character on myself, I'd be tempted to make the character have blue hair and call them Byleth and go the whole nine yards. (Or Dimitri. Or Claude. Or Edelgard.) 

Still, this looks like it'll be a fun game. I'm not sure if one or all of the stories will reach the heights of PLA, but I'm hoping it does. Not sure how to feel about the Terastlize thing, partucalry since I've been hearing rumors about past/future versions of Pokemon and would rather see that, but every game has its new gimmick

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, Frustration said:

I was thinking about Baton pass and I think I've found a way to balance it.

If baton pass is used by a pokemon with no stat changes it functions as normal.

If there are stat changes it becomes a 2 turn move, that switches on the second turn.

That might work. Probably have to be tested to see for certain.

7 hours ago, Frustration said:

I was thinking about Baton pass and I think I've found a way to balance it.

If baton pass is used by a pokemon with no stat changes it functions as normal.

If there are stat changes it becomes a 2 turn move, that switches on the second turn.

This would certainly be interesting to play around with. Would it work with Power Herb?

5 minutes ago, The Storming Stormfather said:

This would certainly be interesting to play around with. Would it work with Power Herb?

I think it would be fine if it did. It allows for some additional utility, while still having downsides. As well as being crippled by knock off.

13 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Question: Do you guys think baton pass will pass Terrastalization? Probably not, but it would be pretty insane if it did.

I'd say they wouldn't because that would be broken.

But then I remember Mega-ray Zacian and Calirex-shadow exist. So maybe. 

1 minute ago, Frustration said:

I'd say they wouldn't because that would be broken.

But then I remember Mega-ray Zacian and Calirex-shadow exist. So maybe. 

Yeah. It'll be illegal either way, so it doesn't really matter.

(Unless Game Freak decides to make Terrastalizing passable and then competitive pokemon decides to give baton pass one more chance, only allowing Terrastal passing.)

• 2 weeks later...

So I was doing more thinking on Terastalization and this completely changes everything.

Tera-Ghost boosted Calirex-Shadow is going to make normal types, or at least terastal normal types almost mandatory. And it has almost no drawbacks, dropping down to a normal ghost and dark weakness, especially since psychic is so weak defensively.

Tera-pshycic Deoxys Attack under Physics terrain with life orb would be similarly nuclear.

But Blissey presents a different array of possibilities. Steel has a length of useful resistances increasing Blissey's already insane bulk, while also resisting stealth rock, being immune to toxic spikes and sandstorm to boot, But Dark allows it to check Calirex-Shadow and DoA. Water, ground and flying all have useful resistances as well.

Edited by Frustration

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Frustration said:
  Hide contents

Finally! It should have always had it.

What's your thoughts on healing moves being cut down to 5pp?

Spoiler

I am more neutral, leaning towards disliking the change, as I prefer metas where all playstyles are viable.

Which starter has your favorite final evo?

On 11/14/2022 at 5:55 AM, The Storming Stormfather said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I am more neutral, leaning towards disliking the change, as I prefer metas where all playstyles are viable.

Which starter has your favorite final evo?

While all the type pairings are cool I have to say that the fire one is probably the best.

On 11/22/2022 at 4:32 PM, Ookla the Craw said:

What are y'alls thoughts on the Houndstone and Flutter Mane bans?

Reveal hidden contents

IMO Hound wasn't broken, it was just the move. Flutter Mane was tho and I'm glad it's gone.

I haven't been able to catch up with Competitive yet, I've been busy with NaNoWriMo, I'll try and look into it soon.

@Ookla the Craw I've looked into it, I mostly agree 

Edited by Ookla the Frustrated.

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Frustration said:

So Smogon just banned Chi yu, Cyclazar, and Anihalape from OU.

Thoughts?

I'm a little sad that goldfish was banned but it was broken as heck and I completely agree that it needed to go, Annihilape was a Pokemon I never personally struggled with due to most of my teams including a banded Meowscarada and Cyclizar should have been suspected IMO. I also haven't played OU in like a month so IDK the meta or the real context behind most everything is something I probobaly missed.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Frustration said:

So, paradox legendaries.

I'm not sure how to feel about this, on the one hand, they look awesome, but on the other hand it feels like they are determined to prove legendaries aren't one of a kind, unless they just changed a ton over the years.

Not quite sure I get what you mean.