POKEMON

16 minutes ago, Frustration said:

So I'm not the only one who saw that.

The whole Pokémon community is flipping out over "the next Bidoof", and I honestly approve.

56 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

What do you think the newest legendaries are going to be?

We have it from reputable sources that they'll be Fighting/Dragon and Electric/Dragon, which are both great typings. But then there are some people who think Koraidon and Moraidon are motorcycles. Yes, this is real.

• 1 month later...

So this is probably a stupid idea, but I'm too sleep-deprived to tell.

What if Legendary/Mythical Pokemon got two abilities they could use at the same time?

So Reshiram had both Turboblaze and levitate, and so forth. Now Trace and other abilities like it would only copy the first ability they had.

So like this

Spoiler

So my main rule is that groups of Legendaries have to be similar power level, and that mythicals and box art legendaries can be more powerful than the rest of them.

Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno

Spoiler

So keeping with the abilities I gave them earlier(Arid, Snowstorm, Thunderstorm) I think they have plenty of power right now, so Pressure makes a fine secondary ability

Mewtwo

Spoiler

Pressure's great for a primary ability, but it could use something more for such a powerful pokemon, so I'm thinking Adaptability.

Mew

Spoiler

Our first Mythical, and I think Protean would be very thematically fitting for Mew.

Ho-oh and Lugia

Spoiler

Regenerator and Multiscale are both really good, and since both of these are already stall cornerstones, I think Pressure will complimant them nicely

Enti Rioku Suicune

Spoiler

Regenerator is really powerful as is, so I think Pressure will do just fine

Celebi

Spoiler

While speed boost is a really powerful ability, Celebi can time travel, and it is a Mythical with a pretty mediocre ability, so I think it works out.

Kyogre Groudon Rayquaza

Spoiler

All of these mons are increadibly powerful, especially with mega-ray and the primals counted, Pressure is more than enough for them

Regice Regirock Registeel

Spoiler

I'm thinking sturdy, maybe sheer force.

Latios Latios

Spoiler

I'm thinking Unburden would work nicely with these two, while it makes their already high speed stats increadible, they are supposed to be fast.

Deoxys

Spoiler

I gave all the Deoxys forms exept normal really powerful abilities earlier, so Pressure for all of them, except Normal, who can have Protean.

Jirachi

Spoiler

I'm thinking either levitate, it's not much especially for a mythical, but that's really the only thing I can think of.

Uxie Aself Mesprit

Spoiler

Making a parallel to Jirachi I'm thinking Levitate for these three, however since these aren't mythicals I think it works just fine

Cresselia and Darkrai

Spoiler

I'm thinking Insomnia for Cresselia, and Prankster for Darkrai. It feels wrong to make them this imbalanced, but Darkrai is a mythical

Heatran

Spoiler

I'm thinking either sturdy or sheer force

Regigigas

Spoiler

Either Protean or Huge power

Arceus

Spoiler

Wonderguard I'm thinking Trace would be a good ability. The only other thing I could see fitting is Serence Grace

Manaphy and Phione

Spoiler

I think Swift Swim would be a good ability, especially since speed has been one of Manaphy's main drawbacks, requiring it's team to use stickyweb.

Shaymin

Spoiler

I'm thinking either Solar Power or Chlorophyll

Kyurem Zekrom Reshiram

Spoiler

I'm thinking Levitate for Reshiram and Zekrom, Kyurem could use Sheer Force, but I'm thinking it should go back to pressure for Black and white Kyurem

That's all the time I have right now, I'll come back and add the rest later.

Edited by Frustration

12 hours ago, Frustration said:

So this is probably a stupid idea, but I'm too sleep-deprived to tell.

What if Legendary/Mythical Pokemon got two abilities?

So Reshiram had both Turboblaze and levitate, and so forth.

They already did that, didn't they? Rider calyrex gets unnerve and chilling/grim neigh depending on whether it's shadow or ice rider Calyrex.

5 hours ago, Nameless said:

They already did that, didn't they? Rider calyrex gets unnerve and chilling/grim neigh depending on whether it's shadow or ice rider Calyrex.

You're right there, wasn't even thinking about that at the time.

Edited by Frustration

On 7/4/2022 at 0:36 AM, Frustration said:

Making a parallel to Jirachi I'm thinking Levitate for these three, however since these aren't mythicals I think it works just fine

The thing is, the Pixie Trio already has Levitate and having it twice does nothing to help them. I do like the idea of them having Trace, however.

49 minutes ago, The Storming Stormfather said:

The thing is, the Pixie Trio already has Levitate and having it twice does nothing to help them. I do like the idea of them having Trace, however.

I ment Serence Grace, I'm dumb.

I like Trace better though.

Finishing out the rest of the mons

Spoiler

Cresselia

Spoiler

An ability that will automatically set up trick room.

Darkrai

Spoiler

I'm thinking Intimidate

Victini

Spoiler

Tinted lens. Increadibly powerful, but Victini is mythical, and the pokemon of victory, and I gave rain an increadible sweeper with swift swim Manaphy so I think it's only fair.

Cobalion, Virizion, Terrakion

Spoiler

Defiant.

Keldeo

Spoiler

Competitive.

Also I'd switch Justified to a special attacking equivelent.

Tornadus, Thunderus, Landorus, Enamorus

Spoiler

The Incarnate forms all have secondary abilities I think fit them just fine, so they can just use both.

The Therian forms however need an additional ability.

I'm thinking Aerilate for Tornadus, Gavanize for Thunderus, Pixilate for Enamorus, and a ground type version for Landorus.

Meloetta

Spoiler

An ability that gives a 50% damage boost to all sound based moves

Genesect

Spoiler

Levitate

Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde

Spoiler

These are all really good mons already, so I'm just going to say Pressure.

Except Zyguard, who I'm going to give both Power Construct and Aura Break.

Diancie

Spoiler

Prism armor

Hoopa

Spoiler

Quick Draw

Volcanion

Spoiler

Flash Fire. This gives it two immunities, two quad resists and two normal resists with three weaknesses I'm fully expecting it to be a stall cornerstone.

Type: Null, Silvally

Spoiler

Adaptability

Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini

Spoiler

Volt absorb - Koko, Water absorb - Fini, Grass type absorb for Bulu, and phycic type for Lele.

Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala

Spoiler

Levitate for all of them.

I'm thinking about switching Solgaleo's regular ability to make it summon permenant sun, it seems weird to me that the Sun pokemon doesn't do that, but I can't think of a way to pair that with Lunala yet.

Necrozma, Dusk Mane, Dawn Wings, Ultra Necrozma

Spoiler

Pressure

Magearna

Spoiler

Some varient of motor drive that still takes damage

Marshadow

Spoiler

Unseen Fist

Zeraora

Spoiler

Replace Volt Absorb with Motor Drive

And give Zeraora Technician

Meltan, Melmetal

Spoiler

Steelworker

Zacian, Zamazenta

Spoiler

I still don't understand why Zacian is fairy type. It really should be fighting.

Anyway these guys can have Pressure, Zacian is powerful enough as is.

Eternatus

Spoiler

Levitate

Kubfu, Urshifu

Spoiler

Either Tough Claws or Long Reach. I'm not sure which one.

Regieleki Regidrago

Spoiler

Sheer Force, or if the trainer wants Sturdy

Glastrier, Spectrier, Calyrex,

Spoiler

Ice and Shadow rider remain the same

Calyrex will get pressure

Glastrier will get Slush Rush

Spectrier will get something to boost its speed in phycic terrain.

Zarude

Spoiler

Prankster

I probably made something increadibly broken in there so feel free to fix it.

Edited by Frustration

2 hours ago, Frustration said:

Finishing out the rest of the mons

Reveal hidden contents

Cresselia

Reveal hidden contents

An ability that will automatically set up trick room.

Darkrai

Reveal hidden contents

I'm thinking Intimidate

Victini

Reveal hidden contents

Tinted lens. Increadibly powerful, but Victini is mythical, and the pokemon of victory, and I gave rain an increadible sweeper with swift swim Manaphy so I think it's only fair.

Cobalion, Virizion, Terrakion

Reveal hidden contents

Defiant.

Keldeo

Reveal hidden contents

Competitive.

Also I'd switch Justified to a special attacking equivelent.

Tornadus, Thunderus, Landorus, Enamorus

Reveal hidden contents

The Incarnate forms all have secondary abilities I think fit them just fine, so they can just use both.

The Therian forms however need an additional ability.

I'm thinking Aerilate for Tornadus, Gavanize for Thunderus, Pixilate for Enamorus, and a ground type version for Landorus.

Meloetta

Reveal hidden contents

An ability that gives a 50% damage boost to all sound based moves

Genesect

Reveal hidden contents

Levitate

Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde

Reveal hidden contents

These are all really good mons already, so I'm just going to say Pressure.

Except Zyguard, who I'm going to give both Power Construct and Aura Break.

Diancie

Reveal hidden contents

Prism armor

Hoopa

Reveal hidden contents

Quick Draw

Volcanion

Reveal hidden contents

Flash Fire. This gives it two immunities, two quad resists and two normal resists with three weaknesses I'm fully expecting it to be a stall cornerstone.

Type: Null, Silvally

Reveal hidden contents

Adaptability

Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini

Reveal hidden contents

Volt absorb - Koko, Water absorb - Fini, Grass type absorb for Bulu, and phycic type for Lele.

Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala

Reveal hidden contents

Levitate for all of them.

I'm thinking about switching Solgaleo's regular ability to make it summon permenant sun, it seems weird to me that the Sun pokemon doesn't do that, but I can't think of a way to pair that with Lunala yet.

Necrozma, Dusk Mane, Dawn Wings, Ultra Necrozma

Reveal hidden contents

Pressure

Magearna

Reveal hidden contents

Some varient of motor drive that still takes damage

Marshadow

Reveal hidden contents

Unseen Fist

Zeraora

Reveal hidden contents

Replace Volt Absorb with Motor Drive

And give Zeraora Technician

Meltan, Melmetal

Reveal hidden contents

Steelworker

Zacian, Zamazenta

Reveal hidden contents

I still don't understand why Zacian is fairy type. It really should be fighting.

Anyway these guys can have Pressure, Zacian is powerful enough as is.

Eternatus

Reveal hidden contents

Levitate

Kubfu, Urshifu

Reveal hidden contents

Either Tough Claws or Long Reach. I'm not sure which one.

Regieleki Regidrago

Reveal hidden contents

Sheer Force, or if the trainer wants Sturdy

Glastrier, Spectrier, Calyrex,

Reveal hidden contents

Ice and Shadow rider remain the same

Calyrex will get pressure

Glastrier will get Slush Rush

Spectrier will get something to boost its speed in phycic terrain.

Zarude

Reveal hidden contents

Prankster

I probably made something increadibly broken in there so feel free to fix it.

Let me get this straight: you want to give all these Pokémon these abilities in addition to their old ones? I don’t think the impact on competitive will be very good, unless you really hate using legendaries anywhere besides Ubers.

21 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Let me get this straight: you want to give all these Pokémon these abilities in addition to their old ones? I don’t think the impact on competitive will be very good, unless you really hate using legendaries anywhere besides Ubers.

Part of my goal was to send all of them to Ubers, or at least very high tier OU.

13 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Part of my goal was to send all of them to Ubers, or at least very high tier OU.

But why? I understand some legendaries like Regigigas that are super weak and need a buff, but a lot of them are really strong already. Putting every legendary in a tier of their own that very few if any non-legendaries can compete with isn’t going to make Pokémon a better game.

16 minutes ago, Nameless said:

But why?

Two main reasons

One it makes it easier to define Legendaries, because right now it's more of a "They say it's a Legendary" than anything else. Now it can be "If it has two abilities it's a Ledgendary, and if the Legendary comes from an event it's a Mythical."

Second is that if the lore says that they are really strong they had better live up to it.

24 minutes ago, Nameless said:

I understand some legendaries like Regigigas that are super weak and need a buff, but a lot of them are really strong already.

And the most broken of them have received the weakest abilities. The only ones who are already strong and get powerful abilities on top of that either thematically fit, or need them to be with the rest of their trio/duo/whatever.

26 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Putting every legendary in a tier of their own that very few if any non-legendaries can compete with isn’t going to make Pokémon a better game.

But it won't make it fundementally worse either.

The main tier I play is OU and this invalidates Tyranitar (my fav Victini check) as a V-Create switchin. This is terrifying to think about.

3 hours ago, Frustration said:

give Zeraora Technician

I only have one problem with this, Zera has almost no good moves to be boosted by Technician. It has Fake Out, Electro Web (this is a Special move) and Power-Up Punch. That's it, unless you want moves like Fury Swipes, Quick Attack or Shock Wave. Honestly though, I'd still run Zera as it's run now, because it will always hit harder.

3 hours ago, Frustration said:

I'm fine with this, but I don't think it'll be good on stall, having no recovery and all.

2 minutes ago, The Storming Stormfather said:

I'm fine with this, but I don't think it'll be good on stall, having no recovery and all.

Does it not?

Okay no it doesn't.

Doesn't even get sleep talk.

7 minutes ago, The Storming Stormfather said:

I only have one problem with this, Zera has almost no good moves to be boosted by Technician. It has Fake Out, Electro Web (this is a Special move) and Power-Up Punch. That's it, unless you want moves like Fury Swipes, Quick Attack or Shock Wave. Honestly though, I'd still run Zera as it's run now, because it will always hit harder.

That's true, but base 90 Power-Up Punch isn't bad.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Frustration said:

So.

Terastalize.

Thoughts?

Like mega evolution, but worse. I do like the implications for the competitive scene of having multiple types you can Terastilize into. It's like having item or moveset mix-ups to mess with your opponents, but on a larger scale. Besides that, not really a fan.

So.

Terastalize.

Thoughts?

I don't have enough experience or knowledge to form an accurate opinion on it. However, it looks really cool and honestly terrifying for Competitive.

Also, MY BOI HARIYAMA IS BACK LETS FLIPPIN GOOOO!!!

Also Mareep. I love Mareep. Who wouldn't, it's a sheep.