POKEMON

I'm liking the Pokemon revealed for Scarlet/Violet so far! Gen 8 was a big letdown after Gen 7 IMO, but PLA was a great game. I'm excited to see how this turns out, especially since a past/future-themed Spain-themed region was something I've had in my head for years.*

My one fear is that the game will be one of those online exclusive games, like what Destiny was at the beginning I think, and what Anthem tried to be. I don't think that will be the case because Nintendo doesn't role like that, but the focus on community and communication in Pokemon still echoes out from time to time, and I fear it'll make a resurgence here. 

*In my head it was called Pokemon Steel and Pokemon Stone. Steel would see the players enter a giant man-made island academy with various biomes who house great scientists desparate to find the next big future step for Pokemon. Here players would be able to add types to their Pokemon or change types of certain Pokemon. Stone would be the classic kid on a Pokemon journey after being rejected from the academy. Here they would find a cave where Pokemon with ancient forms from the past would have been kept, and they could capture these Pokemon and have what others couldn't. (This would also lead into the third game, which would be more like a sequel. It'd take place a few years later, and it would be a trainer from the cave area venturing out into a - to them - highly technological world, and how one deals with an everchanging world. (The key is to find something to ground you and others, and in the Pokemon world, that'd be battles.)

The themes I toyed with in my head is somewhere between "nature vs nurture" and "where you come from doesn't determine your success" I don't remember the evil team's names, but right now I'm calling them Team Vision and Team Vulture. One houses futurist ideals taken to extremes but never dealt with the consequences due to their own privilege; the others are Darwinists and nostalgia-bound but frankly capture the worst and opposite of their ideals.

5 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

@Boomerang Guy

Is it one of the starters?

Do you think they ruined litten's final evolution and it should have become a massive tiger?

No. But here’s a hint. It’s blue. But not a water type. 

I don’t really care. But I do hate inconeroar. But I start really not like king them since sun and moon.