POKEMON

My first time playing through Platinum, I named him Fartface. I was 9, sue me. Nowadays I tend to name them whatever the default name is or Blue, though occasionally one of my friends and I will compete directly, with each of us naming our rivals after the other and seeing who beats the game first and who can beat up the rival team the hardest in the process. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So I've been thinking for a while what I would do if I was in charge of developing the 9th generation.

Spoiler

Type:

Spoiler

The reasons for type changes is to make types morre balanced, weakening better types, while strengthening weaker ones.

Bug: Bug will now resist Fairy type, and will be supper effective against it. Bug types will also be immune to confusion.

Ice: Ice will now resist fairy, and receive a special defence boost in hail equal to that of rock types in sand.

Poison: Poison will resist psychic and will be super effective against it.

Ghost: Ghost types will be immune to sleep and poison status conditions

Status conditions:

Spoiler

The purpose of status condition changes is to make sleep and freeze more balanced with the rest of the conditions.

Sleep: if a sleeping pokemon is damaged by a physical move it will wake up, if it is damaged by a special move it will have a 75% chance to wake up. Psychic types will always wake up when damaged by a move.

Frostbite: will replace the frozen condition, halving the pokemon's special attack, and dealing the same damage each turn that burn would. Ice types are still immune.

A pokemon cannot be burned and frostbiten at the same time

Weather and terrain

Spoiler

The purpose of changing weather is to make Legendary pokemon feel legendary.

There is one new weather type: Thunderstorm, Thunderstorm give all electric type attacks a 10% increase to accuracy, and otherwise provides the same bonus's as rain

Kyogre's drizzle will be renamed Downpour, Groudon's Drought will be renamed Derth.

Weather will now follow a heirarchy, weather will not change unless the new weather is equal to, or higher up on the heirarchy chart.

Delta Stream

Airlock

Primordial Sea/Desolate land

Downpour/Derth

Thunderstorm/Arctic Blizzard/Arid Enviroment

The above weathers are permenant unless replaced by a higher weather, with the exception of Air lock and Delta Stream which will end when Rayquaza is knocked out or retreats

The lower weathers are not perminant lasting 3-5 turns after the move is used, or the pokemon that summoned them leaves

Cloud nine

All other weather summoning moves/abilities sand stream/snow warning/rain dance etc.

Likewise Terrain will follow a heirarchy

Misty Surge/Grassy Surge/Psychic surge/Electric Surge all of which are permenant and can only be replaced by each other

And all other terrain summoning will last 3-5 rounds after being summoned

Moves

Spoiler

The purpose of all move  changes is to balance the game.

Revert Dark Void to its former accuracy, and prevent Smeargul from using it

Dragon's Bane: 75 Base power 32pp poison type move that deals supper effective damage to dragons, and toxic poisons them. This move can be learned by most poison types. Non-dragon types will take normal damage and be posioned

Frost spikes: an ice type entry hazard that applies frostbite to pokemon that switch in. Ice types will remove the spikes upon switching in. While flying types and pokemon with levitate are immune.

Judgement will always be the type that the defending pokemon is most weak to.

Pokemon

Spoiler

The purpose of all changes is to make Legendary Pokemon feel Legendary

Darkrai will be Dark/Ghost type

Deoxys normal will have base 100 attack, sp attack, deffence Sp. Defence. And will have Adaptability as its ability

Deoxys Defence will have 180 defence and special defence with 20 attack and 150 speed

Arceus will have all of it's base stats will be raised to 150.

Dialga will receive a primal form: HP: 100, Attack: 160 Defence: 160 Sp. Attack: 180 Sp. Defence: 150 Speed: 150

Palkia will also receive a primal form: HP: 100, Attack: 160, Defence: 150, Sp. Attack: 180 Sp. Defence: 160, Speed: 150

As will Giratina: HP: 180, Attack: 150 Defence: 160 Sp. Attack: 150 Sp. Defence: 160 Speed: 100

And Giratina Origin: HP: 180, Attack: 160 Defence: 150 Sp. Attack: 160 Sp. Defence: 150 Speed: 100

A complete Dragon composite of Reshiram Zekrom and Kyreum: Dragon type, HP: 125, Attack: 150, Defence: 120, Sp Attack: 150, Sp defence: 120, Speed: 100

Etei, Raikou, and Suicune, get the ability Regenerator.

Abilities:

Spoiler

Adaptive defence: Deoxys Defence's new ability, the user gains all the weakness's and resistance's and immunities of the deffending pokemon. This ability activates anytime the user enters the feild or the defending pokemon changes. All new resistances and weakness's stack until the battle ends

Adaptive Attack: Deoxys attack's new ability, the user gains the stab of the defending pokemon. this ability activates anytime the user enters the feild or the defending pokemon changes. All new stabs stack until the battle ends.

Adaptive speed: Deoxys speed's new ability, the user is only affected by oponent's priority once per move.

Multitype: Will give the user all the bonus's of being every type, and stab on all types, this ability can only be used by Arceus

Distorted Space: Primal Palkia's ability, oponent's priotity moves are no longer priority, and speed is not affected by tick room.

Distored Time: Primal Dialga's ability, oponent's priotity moves are no longer priority, and speed is not affected by tick room.

Distortion: Primal Giratina's ability(both altered and origin): oponent's priotity moves are no longer priority, and speed is not affected by tick room, the user cannot be affected by entery hazards.

Thuderstorm: Zapdos's new ability, summons a thunderstorm

Artic blizzard: Articuno's new ability: summons hail

Arid enviroment: Moltres's new ability summons sunlight.

Breath Weapon: is the ability of the Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyreum, the user gains a 1.5 damage multiplier on ice, electric, and fire attacks.

Ocean Guard: Lugia's new ability, the user gains resistance to everything super effective against water.

Mega/Z-moves/dynamax

Spoiler

All of which will exist and be allowed, with all of them it should balance out.

Region

Spoiler

The region will be based on Australia, the legendary trio will be a Dragon/poison type based on the Rainbow Serpent, a Dragon/Water Based on a Saltwater Crocidile, and a Poison/Water based on a Box Jellyfish.

Gameplay

Spoiler

Once you beat the regional champion you should be able to go to every region, as you please.

I don't have anything else at the moment, thoughts?

Edited by Frustration

9 minutes ago, Frustration said:

I don't have anything else at the moment, thoughts?

On your type changes, I like the bug and Ice changes, but I'm iffy on your ghost changes. Ghost types are already good, and making them immune to sleep and poison seems unnecessary.

For the status conditions, I like frostbite replacing freeze, but the sleep changes seem either underpowered or overpowered. Like, if pokemon still have a chance to wake up without taking damage, then you're just making it a lot worse. I don't see a lot of people using it anymore, especially in doubles. If pokemon can't wake up normally, then it's completely broken, switch in a pokemon with shadow tag, put the opponent to sleep, then just set up and win. Basically it'll be a Mega Gengar meta. Regardless, Rest will get a lot stronger, especially in doubles, as you can hit yourself to wake up immediately.

The changes to weather and added abilities would probably make the legendary birds trio a lot better, particularly with the changes to hail. In particular, Zapdos would probably be among the best non-completely broken pokemon.

With the new abilities, I don't know how good adaptive defense will be. Seems like you could manipulate it to give it a bunch of crippling weaknesses. I think for distorded space it would be cool to make all moves 100% accurate, or maybe just Palkia's. That way Dialga and Palkia have more distinct abilities. I'd maybe change Giratina's too.

Arceus is just so broken that it could never be used competitively. Super effective+stab on every move, and immunity to basically every type, the only weakness being a 4x to rock? Coming off of a base 150 in every stat, that is completely broken. So basically, Arceus will be banned from just about every competitive format.

So basically, your changes will change competitive pokemon quite a bit, especially with the allowance of Megas, Z-moves, and dynamax. Biggest change will probably come in the Uber tier, (which is the tier where you can use basically anything) where most of the strongest legendaries are. Arceus will be banned from Uber for certain. The top legendaries will be much more powerful than non-legendaries, but that will probably not do any favors for the competitive metagame.

That said, I've never played a pokemon game in my life and all my competitive knowledge comes from watching youtubers play the games, so what do I know.

25 minutes ago, Nameless said:

On your type changes, I like the bug and Ice changes, but I'm iffy on your ghost changes. Ghost types are already good, and making them immune to sleep and poison seems unnecessary.

You have a point there, the main reason being I don't understand why something already dead needs to sleep, or could be poisoned

For the status conditions, I like frostbite replacing freeze, but the sleep changes seem either underpowered or overpowered. Like, if pokemon still have a chance to wake up without taking damage, then you're just making it a lot worse. I don't see a lot of people using it anymore, especially in doubles. If pokemon can't wake up normally, then it's completely broken, switch in a pokemon with shadow tag, put the opponent to sleep, then just set up and win. Basically it'll be a Mega Gengar meta. Regardless, Rest will get a lot stronger, especially in doubles, as you can hit yourself to wake up immediately.

Sleep would keep it's 1-3 turn limit that it has currently, you would just automatically wake up if those conditions were met. Do you think I overdid it?

With the new abilities, I don't know how good adaptive defense will be. Seems like you could manipulate it to give it a bunch of crippling weaknesses. I think for distorded space it would be cool to make all moves 100% accurate, or maybe just Palkia's. That way Dialga and Palkia have more distinct abilities. I'd maybe change Giratina's too.

That's a good point on Defence, on making all moves 100% it would have to exclude Ohko moves, but it could work.

Arceus is just so broken that it could never be used competitively. Super effective+stab on every move, and immunity to basically every type, the only weakness being a 4x to rock? Coming off of a base 150 in every stat, that is completely broken. So basically, Arceus will be banned from just about every competitive format.

I never understood why what was basically a god wasn't the best.:D But good point However if you bypass it's ground immunity, by using thousand arrows or something it has a 6x weakness.

So basically, your changes will change competitive pokemon quite a bit, especially with the allowance of Megas, Z-moves, and dynamax. Biggest change will probably come in the Uber tier, (which is the tier where you can use basically anything) where most of the strongest legendaries are. Arceus will be banned from Uber for certain. The top legendaries will be much more powerful than non-legendaries, but that will probably not do any favors for the competitive metagame.

probably would add at least 1 teir between Ubers and Anything goes.

Edited by Frustration

5 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Sleep would keep it's 1-3 turn limit that it has currently, you would just automatically wake up if those conditions were met.

Well, rest would get a lot better. And sleep would get a lot worse. Might not even be viable. You have to spend one turn to maybe hit a sleep (unless you have spore and the opponent isn't grass and doesn't have safety goggles) so that you can put the pokemon to sleep, which lets you get one turn of sleep for certain, 3 at most, during which you can't use attacking moves without waking them up. I think it would just be too rng based with too little benefit to be good.

16 minutes ago, Frustration said:

I never understood why what was basically a god wasn't the best.:D But good point However if you bypass it's ground immunity, by using thousand arrows or something it has a 6x weakness.

Good luck doing that against the pokemon that is in the top 9 fastest in the game. And can fire off a stab super effective (3x) damage 100 base power move from a 150 base special attack stat. Let's put it this way: Your Arceus with choice specs and max special attack investment can 3 hit KO Lugia with judgment. with a +1 special attack boost, Arceus can 2 shot. And Lugia is one of the tankiest pokemon ever.

44 minutes ago, Frustration said:

probably would add at least 1 teir between Ubers and Anything goes.

Maybe.

5 hours ago, Nameless said:

Well, rest would get a lot better. And sleep would get a lot worse. Might not even be viable. You have to spend one turn to maybe hit a sleep (unless you have spore and the opponent isn't grass and doesn't have safety goggles) so that you can put the pokemon to sleep, which lets you get one turn of sleep for certain, 3 at most, during which you can't use attacking moves without waking them up. I think it would just be too rng based with too little benefit to be good.

It would probably be enough to get the sleep clause revoked though, so you can sleep multiple pokemon at once, and you can use that for setup, or status, wil o' wisp, thunderwave, swords dance, none of those would end it.

5 hours ago, Nameless said:

Good luck doing that against the pokemon that is in the top 9 fastest in the game. And can fire off a stab super effective (3x) damage 100 base power move from a 150 base special attack stat. Let's put it this way: Your Arceus with choice specs and max special attack investment can 3 hit KO Lugia with judgment. with a +1 special attack boost, Arceus can 2 shot. And Lugia is one of the tankiest pokemon ever.

Alternatively you can use Skill swap, or other moves to steal its ability.

Edited by Frustration

7 hours ago, Frustration said:

It would probably be enough to get the sleep clause revoked though, so you can sleep multiple pokemon at once, and you can use that for setup, or status, wil o' wisp, thunderwave, swords dance, none of those would end it.

Yeah, but the changes turn sleep from something that can shut a pokemon down completely into something that might let you get a free setup move. Sleeping a pokemon basically forces you to either give your opponent a semi-safe switch cause you can only safely hit them with a status or set up, or risk hitting a sleeping pokemon and waking them up. Maybe increasing the chance to wake up if a pokemon is hit with an attacking move would be a good idea, but I think that a 100% and 75% chance might be a bit too much.

Alternatively you can use Skill swap, or other moves to steal its ability.

That doesn't get rid of the supereffective judgement, and you're going to have to have a focus sash or sturdy pokemon to survive a hit from Arceus, or maybe a prankster to get priority. So one set of spikes kinda ruins most "counters" and even if you pull it off you only got Arceus to do 2x instead of 3x damage.

9 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Yeah, but the changes turn sleep from something that can shut a pokemon down completely into something that might let you get a free setup move. Sleeping a pokemon basically forces you to either give your opponent a semi-safe switch cause you can only safely hit them with a status or set up, or risk hitting a sleeping pokemon and waking them up. Maybe increasing the chance to wake up if a pokemon is hit with an attacking move would be a good idea, but I think that a 100% and 75% chance might be a bit too much.

So what chances are you thinking?

11 minutes ago, Nameless said:

That doesn't get rid of the supereffective judgement, and you're going to have to have a focus sash or sturdy pokemon to survive a hit from Arceus, or maybe a prankster to get priority. So one set of spikes kinda ruins most "counters" and even if you pull it off you only got Arceus to do 2x instead of 3x damage.

I'm okay with that.

On 2/23/2022 at 3:22 PM, Frustration said:

There is one new weather type: Thunderstorm, Thunderstorm give all electric type attacks a 10% increase to accuracy, and otherwise provides the same bonus's as rain

There is literally no point for this to exist, as Thunder already doesn't miss in rain and the only other electric move worth spamming is already 90% accurate, that being Thunder Wave. Though I guess Zap Cannon could be slightly less garbage with it, though its limited distribution to mostly bad Pokémon would cut its viability.

The above weathers are permanent unless replaced by a higher weather, with the exception of Air lock and Delta Stream which will end when Rayquaza is knocked out or retreats

Please no, I don't want another gen of Weather Wars. In-game this would make for good boss battles though.

All of which will exist and be allowed, with all of them it should balance out.

No. No, it would not balance out. Dmax is too busted and did you consider Dmaxing a Mega? You would need to be limited to one special event per battle.

17 hours ago, Frustration said:

You are wrong on most of these, Sleep Clause will not be changed, because even if sleep gets nerfed as you suggest, having all of your opponent's Pokémon asleep is both unfair and not fun for anyone who happens to be even a little bit unlucky. The game will likely go to RNG instead of skill (as spamming 252+ speed scarf Spore Breloom doesn't take any skill) and thus Sleep Clause will stay. Also if a Pokémon is asleep, it can't be inflicted with any other non-volatile status condition, which are burn, freeze (or frostburn), para or poison (Toxic or regular). Plus the idea of getting a +4 or +6 sweeper completely for free isn't going to fly with anyone but noobs and chulls who would rather win than let either side have any semblance of fun.

Other than that, I like most of the changes, though I do agree that Arceus would be banned to AG and personally I don't think anyone would want a new tier, especially one with an utter lack of Pokémon besides Arceus. AG would suffice and people would still play it.

44 minutes ago, The Storming Stormfather said:

There is literally no point for this to exist, as Thunder already doesn't miss in rain and the only other electric move worth spamming is already 90% accurate, that being Thunder Wave. Though I guess Zap Cannon could be slightly less garbage with it, though its limited distribution to mostly bad Pokémon would cut its viability.

Probably, honestly despite being a really popular type Electric is kinda really ignored. The main reason is to give Zapdos something, though I suppose just rain would be fine.

45 minutes ago, The Storming Stormfather said:

Please no, I don't want another gen of Weather Wars. In-game this would make for good boss battles though.

I'm a huge Kyogre/Groudon fan, so weather has become a intregal part of how I see Pokemon, though i get it's not everyone's cup of tea.

47 minutes ago, The Storming Stormfather said:

No. No, it would not balance out. Dmax is too busted and did you consider Dmaxing a Mega? You would need to be limited to one special event per battle.

I would think that to be mutually exclusive, you can't run a z-move on a mega, and definatly shouldn't be able dynamax one either. By balance out I mean you can use z-moves to break Max pokemon, you can use max pokemon to absorb z-moves, and megas can play a middleground, less immeadiatly threatening, but lasting a lot longer. Though I admit might be blinded by my undying love and affection for the mechanics.

57 minutes ago, The Storming Stormfather said:

You are wrong on most of these, Sleep Clause will not be changed, because even if sleep gets nerfed as you suggest, having all of your opponent's Pokémon asleep is both unfair and not fun for anyone who happens to be even a little bit unlucky. The game will likely go to RNG instead of skill (as spamming 252+ speed scarf Spore Breloom doesn't take any skill) and thus Sleep Clause will stay. Also if a Pokémon is asleep, it can't be inflicted with any other non-volatile status condition, which are burn, freeze (or frostburn), para or poison (Toxic or regular). Plus the idea of getting a +4 or +6 sweeper completely for free isn't going to fly with anyone but noobs and chulls who would rather win than let either side have any semblance of fun.

Part of why I suggest making a type immune.

57 minutes ago, The Storming Stormfather said:

Other than that, I like most of the changes, though I do agree that Arceus would be banned to AG and personally I don't think anyone would want a new tier, especially one with an utter lack of Pokémon besides Arceus. AG would suffice and people would still play it.

Do you have anything you'd like to see?

On 2/24/2022 at 11:32 PM, Frustration said:

The main reason is to give Zapdos something, though I suppose just rain would be fine.

As someone who plays gen 8 completive, Zapdos is already a fantastic Pokemon in OU, the only thing it could use is Steath Rock's removal from the game, but I'm heavily against that. It has been so consistently good the only gen it was under OU was, weirdly enough, gen 5 (excluding BDSP, which completely gutted its move pool).

I'm a huge Kyogre/Groudon fan, so weather has become a intregal part of how I see Pokemon, though i get it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Completely fair, weather is a really cool feature.

I would think that to be mutually exclusive, you can't run a z-move on a mega, and definatly shouldn't be able dynamax one either. By balance out I mean you can use z-moves to break Max pokemon, you can use max pokemon to absorb z-moves, and megas can play a middleground, less immeadiatly threatening, but lasting a lot longer. Though I admit might be blinded by my undying love and affection for the mechanics.

I've had more time to think about this, and I think that Megas and Z-moves are reasonably balanced in a healthy meta, whereas dmax is like three turns of Z-moves with the bonus of being twice as bulky. That means you have three turns to break any Pokemon that could check it, so really Dmax would be the only one banned from competitive. In-game I guess is fine. I don't have strong feelings for Z-moves, but I like Megas and kinda hate dmax (mostly because of how busted it is in singles).

Part of why I suggest making a type immune.

IMO not really enough to get sleep clause revoked, as it would still be too broken, despite the nerf. It's still basically the same but you can wake up if hit by an attack. Not that different if your opponent knows what they're doing.

Do you have anything you'd like to see?

NatDex return? LOL I need my Flower Dinosaur. 

Also note this is coming from a competitive player, so my views of the game are most likely very different from people who just play the game (help i spend way to much time doing pokemon). 

10 hours ago, The Storming Stormfather said:

As someone who plays gen 8 completive, Zapdos is already a fantastic Pokemon in OU, the only thing it could use is Steath Rock's removal from the game, but I'm heavily against that. It has been so consistently good the only gen it was under OU was, weirdly enough, gen 5 (excluding BDSP, which completely gutted its move pool).

Yeah but it'd be weird if Articuno and Moltres got something but it didn't. And while Moltres isn't horrible, Articuno really needs it.

I've had more time to think about this, and I think that Megas and Z-moves are reasonably balanced in a healthy meta, whereas dmax is like three turns of Z-moves with the bonus of being twice as bulky. That means you have three turns to break any Pokemon that could check it, so really Dmax would be the only one banned from competitive. In-game I guess is fine. I don't have strong feelings for Z-moves, but I like Megas and kinda hate dmax (mostly because of how busted it is in singles).

That is a good point.

NatDex return? LOL I need my Flower Dinosaur. 

Also note this is coming from a competitive player, so my views of the game are most likely very different from people who just play the game (help i spend way to much time doing pokemon). 

I know that feeling.

I'm thinking about doing something for the regi's especially Regi Gigas.

8 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Yeah but it'd be weird if Articuno and Moltres got something but it didn't. And while Moltres isn't horrible, Articuno really needs it.

Yeah, both were helped by Heavy-duty Boots' introduction, but Ice is an abysmal defensive type, so Articuno's defensively spread base stats are the main reason it's so bad.

1 hour ago, Frustration said:

I'm thinking about doing something for the regi's especially Regi Gigas.

Huge Power? Guts? Sheer Force?

Just now, The Storming Stormfather said:

Yeah, both were helped by Heavy-duty Boots' introduction, but Ice is an abysmal defensive type, so Articuno's defensively spread base stats are the main reason it's so bad.

Yeah, I'm trying to find some more resistances for it, the only thing I can think of that would kind of make sense would be dragon, or maybe electric.

2 minutes ago, The Storming Stormfather said:

Huge Power? Guts? Sheer Force?

Anything other than Slow Start that's for sure. :D

10 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Yeah, I'm trying to find some more resistances for it, the only thing I can think of that would kind of make sense would be dragon, or maybe electric.

There was a Youtuber (WolfeyVGC I think) who suggested that Ice should resist Water and maybe Dragon, though I don't remember on the second one.

Thoughts on Pokemon Scarlet and Violet (the real Gen 9)?

On 2/27/2022 at 7:43 AM, The Storming Stormfather said:

Thoughts on Pokemon Scarlet and Violet (the real Gen 9)?

Looks cool, I'm looking forward to it.

@Nameless Just thought of an Arceus counter, Primal Groudon has a 4x weakness to water so judgement would be water type, but Desolate Land will render the move useless so Groudon is safe against it.

What would you guys think about swaping Lugia's Psychic type for water, and giving each of the regi's abilities like regielki and Regidrago that gives them boosts to their stabs? Still not sure on Regigigas.

Additonally I'm thinking about making ice resist flying.

Edited by Frustration

On 2/27/2022 at 9:50 AM, Frustration said:

@Nameless Just thought of an Arceus counter, Primal Groudon has a 4x weakness to water so judgement would be water type, but Desolate Land will render the move useless so Groudon is safe against it.

I mean, Arceus learns earthquake...

On 3/1/2022 at 5:48 AM, Nameless said:

I mean, Arceus learns earthquake...

Yeah but if Arceus is running Choice Specs, which there is no reason not to, you can force a switchout and get stealthrock up. It's not a true counter, but it's a way to threaten.

I've been thinking about something else and I think Pokemon itself has been leaning this direction lately.

I would add a new feature: Training.

The basic premise being you can train a pokemon for something, like a status condition, or entry hazard, and they will deal with it better, but won't be immune.

Spoiler

Light sleeper - The Pokemon that recieves this training spends turns asleep even when not on the feild.

Heat tolerance - The Pokemon that recieves this training doesn't take damage from burn, however their attack is still halfed

Cold tolerance - The Pokemon that recieves this training doesn't take damage from frostbite, however their special attack is still halfed

Fine Motor - The Pokemon that recieves this training can always attack when paralysed, however their speed are still halfed.

Poison resistance - The Pokemon that recieves this training takes half damage from poison and toxic poison

Hard hitter - The Pokemon that recieves this training deal 2x damage on critical hits instead of 1.5

Multi Strike - The Pokemon that recieves this training hits twice for half damage

Light footed - The Pokemon that recieves this training takes half damge from spikes, half damage from poison given by toxic spikes, and half damage from frostbite from frost spikes.

I'm trying to make some for flinching, confusion, reducing damage from criticals, attract, and moves like follow me, but I can't think of anything that isn't RNG dependent. 

Edited by Frustration

25 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Yeah but if Arceus is running Choice Specs, which there is no reason not to, you can force a switchout and get stealthrock up. It's not a true counter, but it's a way to threaten.

A solid idea, but Specs Arceus also would most likely be running Earth Power (it's the only move it would ever need for perfect coverage), just predict a switch and that's a dead Groudon. Also I'd say Calm Mind Arceus is better as you really only need two attacking moves, so you can run Recover and Calm Mind instead of two completely useless moves.

32 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Multi Strike - The Pokemon that recieves this training hits twice for half damage

*Mega Kangaskhan flashbacks intensify*

9 hours ago, The Storming Stormfather said:

A solid idea, but Specs Arceus also would most likely be running Earth Power (it's the only move it would ever need for perfect coverage), just predict a switch and that's a dead Groudon. Also I'd say Calm Mind Arceus is better as you really only need two attacking moves, so you can run Recover and Calm Mind instead of two completely useless moves.

That's true.

9 hours ago, The Storming Stormfather said:

*Mega Kangaskhan flashbacks intensify*

Well, Parental Bond actually increased the damage dealt, the only thing Multistrike does is break Focus Sash or Sturdy, and a slight edge against multiscale and the like.

@Nameless So I just saw the Legend plate in Legends of Arceus, (for those who don't know when Arceus has it and uses Judgement he swpas to whatever type is most efective against the defending pokemon). I think this is a fine alternative to my proposal(and kind of wish I knew about it before now). What do you think?

Edited by Frustration

@Nameless So I just saw the Legend plate in Legends of Arceus, (for those who don't know when Arceus has it and uses Judgement he swpas to whatever type is most efective against the defending pokemon). I think this is a fine alternative to my proposal(and kind of wish I knew about it before now). What do you think?

Still broken, just less so.