Surprise for my Husband

rosasamuels

My husband's birthday is Christmas eve. As a research my husband is a very big critic of books, movies, food, you name it! We have been together for over 11 years and in all of this time he has never ONCE had a bad thing to say about any of Brandon's books. He literally has been CAPTIVATED by your books and is even rereading them now. He got me Mistborn for my birthday so we can enjoying the books together. I have actually seen him tear up while reading your book (do NOT tell him I said that!) and I have been trying to come up with the perfect birthday gift as his birthday approaches. We have a new addition to our family, our son Davey who is almost 6 months old and my husband, Dave cannot wait to share your books with him. He often reads out loud to our son and this is when it came to me that the perfect gift would be a personalized message in Mistborn that says " To Dave to pass along to Davey, Dream big little one." With your signature afterwards. I will pay for the book and signing. 

I have tried to reach out previously to get ahold of you Brandon Sanderson but had no response or reply when it was our anniversary in March 2021. My email is [email protected] if you could be so kind to reply and I will pay you for your work. Thank you

Rosa Samuels

2 hours ago, rosasamuels said:

My husband's birthday is Christmas eve. As a research my husband is a very big critic of books, movies, food, you name it! We have been together for over 11 years and in all of this time he has never ONCE had a bad thing to say about any of Brandon's books. He literally has been CAPTIVATED by your books and is even rereading them now. He got me Mistborn for my birthday so we can enjoying the books together. I have actually seen him tear up while reading your book (do NOT tell him I said that!) and I have been trying to come up with the perfect birthday gift as his birthday approaches. We have a new addition to our family, our son Davey who is almost 6 months old and my husband, Dave cannot wait to share your books with him. He often reads out loud to our son and this is when it came to me that the perfect gift would be a personalized message in Mistborn that says " To Dave to pass along to Davey, Dream big little one." With your signature afterwards. I will pay for the book and signing. 

I have tried to reach out previously to get ahold of you Brandon Sanderson but had no response or reply when it was our anniversary in March 2021. My email is [email protected] if you could be so kind to reply and I will pay you for your work. Thank you

Rosa Samuels

I'm afraid to say that Brandon hasn't logged on here in years, the best way to contect him would be to PM him on Reddit, his username is u/Mistborn

He used to have an option to order signed/personalized books from his online store, but has not recently (it was taking away from his writing time to do all the signing). As far as I know, the best option to get a book personalized currently is to pre-order his newest book “Cytonic” (from the Skyward series) which comes out in November. In addition to the book, you can add the “personalization for charity” option to your cart and put what you’d like him to write. I know it’s not the book you were hoping for, but he rarely does any opportunities for book personalization these days so it could be a good chance. 

Here is the link if you are interested:

https://www.dragonsteelbooks.com/collections/dragonsteel-mini-con-swag

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2021 at 7:55 AM, rosasamuels said:

Rosa Samuels

You could also go to a con where he’s signing - that’s how I got all my Mistborn copies signed. If there’s still room at the mini-con and you live close enough (or are willing to travel) that could work.

The best way I know of is to order a leatherbound book: they’re gorgeous and they do have a personalization option. They aren’t always in stock though.