7. @Mage - Therla - Loyal Honor Spren

8. @Matrim's Dice - Phrylsena - Loyal Honor Spren

9. @Tani- Loyal Honor Spren

10. @|TJ| - Fiorlan - Loyal Honor Spren

11. @The Unknown OrderLoyal Honor Spren

Dead Doc

Elim Doc

Edited by Illwei

Good game everyone! Thanks to @Illwei for GMing! This was definitely a different feel from what I’m used to in a game of SE, and rather refreshing for that. My only recommendation to change would be to force the elims to NK to avoid a stalemate like what we had for a brief while.

@Danex has been elevated my my threat list for excellently hiding. You were my strongest village read at the end (maybe tied with Mat). @Archer turned into my strongest elim read too late, so well played as well.

I’m also glad that elim!Mat wasn’t faking all of the things he did this game, because that would have been kinda annoying moving forward.

@Mage, I hope you’ll stick around for a while! While we don’t get any less murderous, on average you will probably survive a fair bit longer than this game :P.

Just now, Araris Valerian said:

Good game everyone! Thanks to @Illwei for GMing! This was definitely a different feel from what I’m used to in a game of SE, and rather refreshing for that. My only recommendation to change would be to force the elims to NK to avoid a stalemate like what we had for a brief while.

Definitely a thought I had after it happened. I was pretty worried yall were going to no kill again and then we'd be ain a loop and i'd have to call a draw

2 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Definitely a thought I had after it happened. I was pretty worried yall were going to no kill again and then we'd be ain a loop and i'd have to call a draw

I honestly can’t believe people voted for me after that. Everyone who has played with me before should know how much pleasure I get from sending in the elim kill :D.

Oh shoot I had the wrong one >.<

I’d give myself half credit but I don’t think I deserve it :P. Even if I did end up reading Danex correctly. For the wrong reasons. Very well played Danex and especially Archer. Both of you had frequent trips to my top trust spot and Archer I never really looked at twice.

Sorry Araris :P.

1 minute ago, Araris Valerian said:

I honestly can’t believe people voted for me after that. Everyone who has played with me before should know how much pleasure I get from sending in the elim kill :D.

I feel kinda dumb for giving Archer too much village cred- I just went with the assumption of a gambit, and I know Danex likes those, plus you because obviously you’re evil smh xD But Archer surviving should have been a clue and it wasn’t.

5 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

lol

I was going to not comment because I already have in the Elim doc, but Az should have been cleared off of not voting yesterday tbh. that brings you to az/lahilt/you (being either mat or Araris) and then you just have to find the other villager, which you did on mat iirc

And then I wanted to comment on

On 11/4/2021 at 10:22 AM, Danex said:

if everyone thinks me/araris e/e
then can I help disprove that
by Araris

Which no one seemed to point out? :p. but this almost never not comes from an Elim. Araris may or may not be his partner and he may or may not be bussing, but in E/Lo this kind of post is almost always an Elim.

Edited by Illwei

aaaa well played elims! I had no idea that you guys were elim till I was like, already dead and had been for two cycles!

And Illwei, thanks so much for gmimg the game!

That was super fun, and I’m exited to play more SE in the future!

(sidenote, my older sister says that she used to play SE until she became inactive because of school, and I’m torn between being mad she never told me and being awed she used to play :P)

Edited by ashwastaken
No I clearly didn’t spell being as be8ng I would never

5 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I mean, I can’t really blame you, since I only took my second look at Archer a couple of hours before the game ended.

I mean it’s kinda like Illwei said in the dead doc… by that point I had decided that I was done already. Which clearly was a bad mindset.

17 minutes ago, ashwastaken said:

sidenote, my older sister says that she used to play SE until she became inactive because of school, and I’m torn between being mad she never told me and being awed she used to play :P)

Do you know what their username was? Not that it matters to me since I joined SE like a year and a half ago, but I’m still curious :P 

5 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I mean it’s kinda like Illwei said in the dead doc… by that point I had decided that I was done already. Which clearly was a bad mindset.

Do you know what their username was? Not that it matters to me since I joined SE like a year and a half ago, but I’m still curious :P 

One sec lemme ask

edit: apparently it was turtle, and she says she’s sorry for going inactive if anyone here used to know her?

edit 2: woah she had 30 followers whaT

Edited by ashwastaken

8 minutes ago, ashwastaken said:

One sec lemme ask

edit: apparently it was turtle, and she says she’s sorry for going inactive if anyone here used to know her?

Oh yeah I remember turtle :P Cool.

Huzzah! Finally got to pocket Mat in a game. :P. Good work, Danex, I enjoyed being your teammate. 

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Archer surviving should have been a clue and it wasn’t.

The real clue was my bad math. It's my most reliable tell, smh

1 hour ago, Araris Valerian said:

Archer turned into my strongest elim read too late, so well played as well.

You were supposed to stay suspecting Mat-Lahilt, and those two were supposed to suspect you and Az, and then Dannex and I could throw two votes wherever felt right, but you went and messed that all up. <_< :P. We committed to that Mat exe, and when it didn't go through, we got really lucky you took the fall for it instead of us. Also, you saying surely I'd be NKed put me in a very awkward position, so good work there.

Sorry to everyone we killed. Especially Mage, I felt bad about that one. I was originally hoping to choose all the NKs based on who voted for us, because that's a nice clean way to go about it, but people paid a little more attention to it than I expected, so that changed quickly. Anyway, y'all were a pleasure to play with and I hope to see you in future games. 

Thanks for running this, Illwei, Devo. I think two elims was the right call. If the elims have to make a kill, I'd like the village to as well, but I get where you're coming from. The kill set-up was a lot more of a hinderance to the village than I thought it would be, and provided an interesting challenge to work through. Overall, good game, all. 

Good game everyone...Even though we lost.

I had no storming idea what I was doing, but that is what a first game is for. Danex and Archer as elim came as a surprise. This was nice and simple though for my first time. Thanks Illwei for GMing. Despite it all I had fun!

edit: just read through the elim doc, and I appreciate their sympathy and understand that we all must do what it takes to win. XD

Edited by Mage

WOOOOOOOOOO
that was really storming fun
ngl I'm rather proud of my performance this game. :P

4 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

@Danex has been elevated my my threat list for excellently hiding. You were my strongest village read at the end (maybe tied with Mat)

Coming from possibly the most experienced SE player, this is quite the compliment, thanks :P

4 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

My only recommendation to change would be to force the elims to NK to avoid a stalemate like what we had for a brief while.

Eh, if you read the doc you'll see we weren't trying to stalemate, it just made more logical sense to not kill. 
Whether we killed or not, the game would've been decided D5 (unless you guys didn't vote someone out again). So not killing was a safer choice for us, as the village would have 6 potential suspects rather than 5. 

4 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Even if I did end up reading Danex correctly. For the wrong reasons. Very well played Danex and especially Archer. Both of you had frequent trips to my top trust spot and Archer I never really looked at twice.

Well played yourself, thanks for using math that didn't make much sense so that I could use it as an endless barrage of excuses. :D

4 hours ago, ashwastaken said:

One sec lemme ask

TURTLEEEEEEEE
I played many SE games with her
@Turtle

3 hours ago, Archer said:

Good work, Danex, I enjoyed being your teammate. 

Right back atcha
i think we made quite the team

59 minutes ago, Mage said:

Dance and Archer as elim came as a surprise

mmmmm yes that is in fact my name XD

alright, time to read the dead doc and see if there's anything interesting

Edited by Danex

5 hours ago, ashwastaken said:

aaaa well played elims! I had no idea that you guys were elim till I was like, already dead and had been for two cycles!

And Illwei, thanks so much for gmimg the game!

That was super fun, and I’m exited to play more SE in the future!

(sidenote, my older sister says that she used to play SE until she became inactive because of school, and I’m torn between being mad she never told me and being awed she used to play :P)

Youre telling me

That youre from FoL? And your sister used to play SE?

10 hours ago, Danex said:

TURTLEEEEEEEE
I played many SE games with her
@Turtle

14 hours ago, Archer said:

She’s inactive rn :( 

9 hours ago, Illwei said:

Youre telling me

That youre from FoL? And your sister used to play SE?

Uh, forum of lies? I played there for a bit, yeah. Personally I like this better cause of the Sanderson element though. 
and yeah, my sister used to play SE. I think she went inactive because she takes dual enrollment at a local college or some other school-related stuff. 

edit: I didn’t know she played SE until I mentioned it to her, even though she actually introduced me to the books. If only she didn’t take ap calc, I’d love to play mafia with her :( 

Edited by ashwastaken

10 hours ago, Danex said:

Well played yourself, thanks for using math that didn't make much sense so that I could use it as an endless barrage of excuses. :D

I still think that made perfect sense, by the way.

9 hours ago, Lahilt said:

I was looking for an Araris/Archer team and I guess I was half right, but I voted for the wrong half.:wacko: 

Me too, man :P But I had Araris/Danex.

• 2 weeks later...

It's time to begin closing games once again. Thanks to everyone who played, and congratulations to the Rebel Honorspren, Danex and Archer, for their victory. A huge thanks goes to Illwei for running the game. Though the rules were simple, the majority exe was a wonderful twist to see in a QF.

If you're new to Sanderson Elimination and would be interested in joining a game, check out the SE General Rules & Etiquette Policy for a breakdown of how each game format works. Game signups are pinned to the thread for at least a week before they're locked and the game begins, so keep an eye out if you're interested in joining.

If you would like to run a game, please post in the GM Signups & Discussion Thread and request to be added to the list. Available game types include Long Games, Mid-Range Games, Quick-Fix games, and the new Break Tank Games. We encourage you to have a specific ruleset in mind before signing up.

Head to The Art of Game Creation to get feedback on rules you're considering. We have plenty of experienced players and GMs who can help you refine any game. You can also send the rules (including secret and blackout rules) to our game approval committee, which includes Stink, Amanuensis, Sart, Fifth Scholar, Straw, Kasimir, and Archer, as well as our mods, little wilsonDevotary of SpontaneityElberethAraris Valerian, or myself. We will help you out in any way we can.

Thanks again to everyone who made this game and community possible. We look forward to killing seeing you in future games! :ph34r:

Edited by Elandera