Right so it looks like we don't learn how many cycles we need to survive.  Anyone play Your Turn to Die that can give us some sort of idea how long we have?

15 players so 7 nominations needed for this round.  PMs are open for this round so that's something I suppose.

35 minutes ago, Alvron said:

Anyone play Your Turn to Die that can give us some sort of idea how long we have?

Sometime before the sacrifice can guarantee a win, which they can definitely do at three players since the sage would vote for the sacrifice on purpose. Worst/reasonable case the last round wants to have five people still alive assuming two deaths per cycle. Starting with 15 players, killing two per cycle ending up with three total survivors at most makes 6 rounds max. Five rounds is also plausible, but we shouldn't count on that.

We should have at least a little bit of coordination during the execution phase, since ties between commoners will kill us too quickly and make sure that the sacrifice wins if we don't all die to the keymaster. And then a sage who isn't a nominee should claim who the keymaster is at the start of the execution phase, but coordination can also let a sage who is a nominee know to claim if we're about to kill the keymaster. We shouldn't automatically kill the sage in that case, as a sage who knows they'll lose either way might decide not to say anything and also because a sage claimant could theoretically be a sacrifice. 

17 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I’m the Sage

I see we're trying to trivialise all sage claims for the rest of the game. If we all get keymastered we'll be sorry. I guess sage is also less easily confirmable than I was thinking since a commoner could easily go along with being called the keymaster by a false sage.

31 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

I see we're trying to trivialise all sage claims for the rest of the game. If we all get keymastered we'll be sorry. I guess sage is also less easily confirmable than I was thinking since a commoner could easily go along with being called the keymaster by a false sage.

Heh. The chance of hitting the keymaster is relatively small (granted, it will increase as time goes on) but I think we’ll be able to differentiate between a fake sage claim and a real one based on the intensity and circumstance of it, and if they pair it with a keymaster out. There’s not much of a point to fake claiming sage and fake claiming someone else as keymaster since the sage is the best kill option for us.

CS watched the cell doors slide open slowly, revealing the long corridor beyond. He stared at the doors for a moment, uncomprehending.

He heard voices coming from beyond. The other inmates, he realized. His... competitors. 

Go, whispered the Voice, smooth as blood. Meet the ones who would take your life.

Not now, he thought. I must finish writing this chapter, remember?

It can wait, said the Voice. CS shivered. The Voice could barely tolerate delays of any sort in his writing. What could possibly have changed its tune so thoroughly? 

The slayings will soon begin, said the Voice, a hunger evident within it. You will meet your enemies, befriend them, steal their secrets.... and then murder them. The stories will no longer be stories, but TRUTH.

The word brought with it a torrent of spikes pouring through ears and eyes and mouth, pushing up his throat so fast he could not even scream.

Go, said the Voice in a normal volume, and CS obeyed.

Hello y'all, should I do my usual and hit up everyone with a PM or chill for a while?

I haven't really done any thinking for this game ngl strategy wise or game theory or whatever people wanna call it when they do like tactics and all that for the game. 

I was just like yeah gaming

Okay so basically don't kill Sacrifice and Keymaster and we're fine. Sacrifice needs to die to stay alive so they need to be nominated. I see Araris' self vote as either a Sacrifice self-vote or a Commoner trying to stay alive by pretending to be Sacrifice so we won't kill him, Bit of nice IKYK. Need to be careful of Sage claims obviously as Sacrifice can also pretend to be them. Actually, you know real Sage has no reason to claim because they'd be the safest kill unless they think the Keymaster is in danger. We just need to kill a Commoner this cycle. 

Xinoeph

Let's nominate Ashbringer, who's been around but hasn't posted.

Vel had known for over a decade that her parents couldn't afford a child. It had been clear from their tiny apartment and cheap food and the fact that the other kids at school had better clothes and toys that her parents would have been better off by themselves. Her parents had refused to hear of it. "Everything we do is for you, little one. We make sacrifices and go into debt so that you have a chance at a better life than we had." This had been accepted with an understanding nod, and an internal realisation of a responsibility to grow up and make enough money to get them out of debt.

Growing up was characterised by an intense focus on school, as this was both interesting and the only clear way of career advancement. There would be no competing at a money-making level in non-academic fields against children who had extensive leisure time and could afford fancy equipment and private lessons. Vel did participate in team athletics, after parental encouragement in the hopes of health benefits and also a chance of making friends, but only the former was achieved. Vel always felt disconnected from everyone except family members, which would eventually be a problem in finding a spouse who could help solve financial problems simply by existing especially if they were rich, but this was a problem that couldn't be solved by dedication and hard work the way schoolwork could. Eventually, she decided this problem could wait until she was old enough to marry without parental permission.

When she was old enough, she quit athletics to seek gainful employment, which her parents reluctantly allowed only so long as it didn't interfere with her schoolwork. "It's a parent's responsibility to take care of their children, not the other way around," they said. "We want you to do what's best for you and not worry about how it affects us. You'll understand this someday, but for now just know that we love you and we want you to be happy."

"It'll make me happy to get a job. As your daughter, it's my duty to repay all the sacrifices you've made for me my whole life, but I promise I won't let it prevent from doing well in school the way you want." Seeing her parents' faces showing a complicated set emotions that looked to be a mix of shock and disappointment she added, "and I don't want to play team sports anymore anyway, so I need something to fill that time and a job could be fun." After a week of heated private discussions, her parents finally relented and allowed her to look for a part-time job.

There weren't a lot of great job opportunities for a teenager who had to attend school full time and dedicate hours of time at home to keep her grades up in the need to graduate at the top of her class, but Vel was able to find employment doing manual labor for marginally better than the absolute minimum workers were legally allowed to be paid. Her social life dropped to zero as she stopped pretending the masks she wore in different circumstances were anything other than lifeless façade. Her parents were by far the closest outsiders to knowing the real her, but even they could only see the entirety of a construct. Vel didn't even know who she was at this point, but figured that was less important than fitting the person she needed to be. Her family was eating better these days and she was still on track to be successful in life, and that was what mattered.

Finally, after years of grueling effort her hard work mostly paid off. She wasn't at the top of her class, falling behind students who'd had the free time to fill their schedules with the most difficult classes, and she wasn't accepted into all of the universities she'd wanted because she didn't have much to show for herself on the extracurricular side of things and hadn't been able to spend bucketloads of money and thousands of hours preparing for tests, but she'd done well enough to get full scholarships to multiple good universities and free tuition to the school of her choice. When she lamented that even with free tuition it would still be expensive for her to attend, her parents assured her they could take care of it. "We've received correspondence from a new loan company. They offer loans with very generous terms to 'economically disadvantaged' people and I hear they're willing to give huge payouts to kickstart the careers of people they think will make it big with just a little help. We know you're all about self-denial, but just this once accept something for yourself please?" Distracted by a rare feeling of exuberance, Vel agreed.

The next morning, Vel woke up to find that her parents were gone. In their place was a letter addressed to her sent by the same loan company that had offered to pay her university bills. Hands shaking, Vel opened the letter. "Dear [Redacted]," it began. We are delighted to hear that you have accepted a loan from us. Welcome to the family! Please come to our nearest loan office at your earliest convenience to discuss terms." Underneath was the addresses of all the offices scattered throughout the country, along with a postscript. It read "P.S. Your parents will be waiting for you when you get here."  

9 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

I was around?

According to Last Visited you had been on the Shard three hours ago.

5 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

I don't want to die...

You can't die this turn. 7 people will be nominated, starting with the people with the most votes. If there's any votes on you, you're possibly better off nominating someone with no votes. It'd hard to tell since anyone who doesn't vote will automatically have at least one nomination vote and you can't tell who has and hasn't voted since only your PM vote counts.

Lahilt was a student who was slightly more interested in partying than actually learning. So when he wakes up in a nightmare game where people are going to die, he thinks that he has probably been drinking too much. now he has to nominate someone... that is too much work, he grabs the second name from the list of players The Unknown Order