Rebooting...

Rebooting...

Are you still there?

Starting simulation...

There you are, you idiots. What's that? Where are you? You don't know?

Too bad! We're gonna play a game. If you win, you get to live. If you lose, well, then I get to have some fun.

What? You don't want to play? Who said you had a choice?

Welcome to Quick Fix 56. This is a game based off of Your Turn To Die, a free online horror game. If you would like to play it, here’s a link. Warning: It is a horror game, so viewer discretion is advised. In the game, they play a twisted version of Mafia, so I decided to copy their rule set. Will you work with the other participants to escape, or will you be forced to betray them all? In the end, it all comes down to a majority vote.

Rules:

Spoiler

Basic Gameplay:

Spoiler
  • This game is played in 48 hour cycles, divided into two 24 hour phases.
  • Every Cycle, there is a 24 hour Nomination Phase, where candidates are decided upon, and a 24 hour Execution Phase, where one candidate is violently executed.
  • Everyone’s win condition is the same: Escape the killing game. After a certain number of cycles (determined by player count), all remaining survivors will escape.
  • At the start of each Cycle, the Roles will be redistributed among all living players.
  • There are four Roles: Commoner, Keymaster, Sage, and Sacrifice
  • There will be one Keymaster, Sage, and Sacrifice during each Cycle. All other players will be Commoners.
  • All voting in this game is anonymous. Please send your votes in via your GM PM. 
  • If you vote in the thread, it will be counted, but if your in-thread vote differs from the one in your GM PM, the PM vote takes precedence.
  • If you forget to vote, you will vote for yourself. Failure to vote twice in a row will result in your death.

Phases:

Spoiler
  • Nomination Phase: Vote for any player to be a candidate in the Execution Phase
    • Half of the living players, rounded down, will be selected as candidates.
    • Players with the most votes will be selected as candidates first.
    • Ties will be decided randomly.
      • Example: A, B, C, D, E, and F are in the nomination phase. A receives four votes, B gets two votes, C and D get one vote each, and E and F get no votes. A and B will definitely be candidates, and one of C or D will be the third candidate.
    • PMs are open during this phase. Remember to include me in all PMs made for this game.
  • Voting Phase: Vote for a candidate to be executed.
    • The vote count from the Nomination Phase will be posted in thread, but it will not be revealed who voted for whom.
    • Both candidates and non-candidates must vote in this phase.
    • Only candidates may be voted on. Non-candidates are relatively safe.
      • In the previous example, if C wins the coin flip, only A, B, and D will be eligible to be killed via majority vote.
    • The candidate who wins the vote will be executed, unless they are the Sacrifice.
    • PMs are closed during this phase. All communication must be done via the thread.

Roles:

Spoiler

• Commoner:
    • Commoners have no special powers.
    • If a Commoner wins the Execution vote, they are killed, along with the Sacrifice.
    • If two or more Commoners are tied for the Execution vote, all tied Commoners die, and the Sacrifice dies as well.
  • Keymaster:
    • If the Keymaster wins the Execution vote, all players die.
    • If the Keymaster is tied for the Execution vote with any other role, all players die.
  • Sage:
    • At the start of the Nomination Phase, the Sage is told who the Keymaster is.
    • The Sage cannot lie about the identity of the Keymaster.
      • They can choose to keep silent about this information.
    • If the Sage wins the Execution vote, they are killed, along with the Sacrifice.
    • If the Sage is tied with a Commoner, only the Sage and the Sacrifice die.
  • Sacrifice:
    • If the Sacrifice does not win the Execution vote, they die.
    • If the Sacrifice wins the Execution vote, they choose one other player. The Sacrifice and the person they chose win the game. However, all other players die.
    • If the Sacrifice is tied with a Commoner or the Sage, the Sacrifice takes precedence. The Sacrifice and their chosen accomplice survive, but all other players die.
    • If the Sacrifice is tied with the Keymaster, the Keymaster takes precedence, and all players die.
    • The Sacrifice has two votes during the Nomination and Execution Phases.
      • They may split them up, or put them on the same person.

This game will start a week from now, on October 15th, at 7 PM CST.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. xinoehp512
  2. The Unknown Order
  3. Danex
  4. Matrim's Dice
  5. Devotary of Spontaneity
  6. Araris Valerian
  7. Azmine_king
  8. Illwei
  9. Droughtbringer
  10. Lahlit
  11. |TJ|
  12. STINK
  13. Alvron
  14. Liranil
  15. Ashbringer

Quick Links:

Edited by Elandera
Add more players

I'll play!

This ruleset seems...interesting

also seems like it might be able to be broken....

7 hours ago, Sart said:

The Sage cannot lie about the identity of the Keymaster.

You could easily figure out who the sage is just by having everyone say: "X player is the sage. Y player is the sage."
Because there's only 1 sage, that statement definitely includes at least one lie, no matter who the 2 chosen players are. So the player who can't say that statement is the sage, and then once we know who the sage is, it's pitifully easy to find out who the keymaster is. 
So you can mechanically figure out who the sage and keymaster are with just a little bit of cooperation.
And there isn't any reason for them not to cooperate. everyone wants to not vote out the keymaster.

4 hours ago, Danex said:

And there isn't any reason for them not to cooperate. everyone wants to not vote out the keymaster.

The sage is the best person to execute, since they're confirmed to not be the sacrifice, so the sage will never claim during the nomination phase. They might not even claim in the execution phase if they're a candidate if the keymaster is about to die, since the sage loses either way if either they or the keymaster dies. We could agree to be nicer to sage claims to make sure they can stop us from killing the keymaster without inevitably losing for their trouble.

@Sart, does the sacrifice still lose their extra vote at low remaining player count?

5 hours ago, Danex said:

You could easily figure out who the sage is just by having everyone say: "X player is the sage. Y player is the sage."
Because there's only 1 sage, that statement definitely includes at least one lie, no matter who the 2 chosen players are. So the player who can't say that statement is the sage, and then once we know who the sage is, it's pitifully easy to find out who the keymaster is. 
So you can mechanically figure out who the sage and keymaster are with just a little bit of cooperation.

I think the Sacrifice would not cooperate here, so you’d have a 50% chance of killing almost everyone. Also, the statements have to be about the keymaster, not the sage, although that doesn’t change your point.

I’m in as Arenta.

Edited by Araris Valerian

4 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

The sage is the best person to execute, since they're confirmed to not be the sacrifice, so the sage will never claim during the nomination phase. They might not even claim in the execution phase if they're a candidate if the keymaster is about to die, since the sage loses either way if either they or the keymaster dies. We could agree to be nicer to sage claims to make sure they can stop us from killing the keymaster without inevitably losing for their trouble.

I suppose that makes sense
But we could still easily figure out who the sage is, or at least narrow it down to a few people
That means that getting sage is essentially a death sentence

3 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Also, the statements have to be about the keymaster, not the sage, although that doesn’t change your point.

oop yeah, typo =P

On 10/9/2021 at 2:43 PM, Sart said:

If you forget to vote, you will vote for yourself. Failure to vote twice in a row will result in your death.

Does this apply to the Sacrifice if they didn't vote the prior cycle?
Would they gain two votes on themselves by not voting?
Can the Sacrifice vote for themselves?

Cobo-yashi shall play the game.

On 10/9/2021 at 9:06 AM, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

@Sart, does the sacrifice still lose their extra vote at low remaining player count?

Probably yes, but I'm going to PAFO that question as to when or if that will happen.

On 10/10/2021 at 0:23 AM, Kasimir said:

I feel like this game calls for Squid Game memes.

None from me though, going to go back to studying :P 

I can't tell if you're signing up or not... @Kasimir are you signing up, or do you just want the Spec Doc?

And yes, the Squid Game memes are entirely appropriate.

6 hours ago, Alvron said:

Does this apply to the Sacrifice if they didn't vote the prior cycle?
Would they gain two votes on themselves by not voting?
Can the Sacrifice vote for themselves?

Yes, the Sacrifice can vote for themselves, and they probably should. If they go inactive, they will self-vote twice.

4 hours ago, Sart said:

I can't tell if you're signing up or not... @Kasimir are you signing up, or do you just want the Spec Doc?

And yes, the Squid Game memes are entirely appropriate.

Neither. No bandwidth to play or spec doc, unfortunately. But I hope to see Squid Game memes :P

• Elandera locked and unpinned this topic

Wake up inmates!

It's time we played a little game.

I want one of you to die.

Now, I've always been a fan of democracy, so I'll let you decide who the candidates will be.

And be careful, I've given out some nasty little roles to a couple of you.

One of them would kill everyone if they are killed.

One of them knows slightly more than they let on.

And the final one has to be killed to survive, at the expense of almost everyone else.

Let's see how you manage.

Welcome to the start of the Nomination Phase. Please select half of the players to be chosen as Candidates. Remember, voting is anonymous, so please put your vote in your game PM.

This Phase will end in 24 hours at 8 PM CST on October 16th. Good luck.

Player List:

Hide contents
  1. xinoehp512
  2. The Unknown Order
  3. Danex
  4. Matrim's Dice
  5. Devotary of Spontaneity
  6. Araris Valerian
  7. Azmine_king
  8. Illwei
  9. Droughtbringer
  10. Lahlit