8 hours ago, Tani said:

"Because the True Hero's loved ones have to die! It's the rules."

"No! I already lost my mom's dad's cat!"

4 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

The Mentor tells the Possible Hero to fight the Corrupted Hero, so that she can have enough time to save Love Interest.

Possible Hero squares her shoulders and prepares to take Corrupted Hero on.

4 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Love Interest, making lots of attractive grunts, says something about how he loves Possible Hero more than anything. It would be his honor to die for her cause.

A single tear trickles its way down Possible Hero's face. She can't lose Love Interest.

2 hours ago, Tani said:

Corrupted Hero stabs the Love Interest one last time, then turns to prepare for Possible Hero's attack. "ALL of the loved ones have to die."

"No!" Possible Hero turns between Corrupted Hero and Love Interest. She could leave now, and save Love Interest, or she could fight Corrupted Hero. She decided it would be better to save her Love Interest. She knelt to pick Love Interest up and flee, to fight another day.

23 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Love Interest passes out.

11 hours ago, Condensation said:

Possible Hero dashes away, Love Interest in her arms. They had to get to a healer fast.

The Mentor nodded. "Good. She escaped." She mumbled.

14 hours ago, Tani said:

"NO!" Corrupted Hero runs after them, still trying to kill Love Interest.

The Mentor swung her sword at the Corrupted Hero's head. "You don't have to do this. Actually, why did you change sides? Was it something I did? Was it something I didn't do? Was it random?"

Traitor arrives on the scene and pounces on the moving target (Corrupted Hero) with an instinctive reaction that would best be comparable to that of a cat. She manages to get in one good hit on the Corrupted Hero before suddenly realizing who she is and fleeing for her life.

Edited by WrathofaShardKitten

On 10/23/2021 at 0:41 PM, Tani said:

"YOU LET ME EAT THE COOKIE!" Corrupted Hero dodges, then dashes off after Possible Hero.

"So... it was random then." She muttered. The Mentor then ran at the Corrupted Hero, trying to trip him (her? them?) so that the Possible Hero and the Love Interest could survive. She'd be able to escape from the Corrupted Hero, but wasn't sure the Possible Hero could while carrying a dying Love Interest without further training.