Ba-Ado-Mishram's identity

ShardlessVessel

Question

11 answers to this question

It's like the "Chewbacca Defense"

If the Sibling is an Unmade trapped in a gem... Why have they also bonded Navani, granted her Towerlight, and made her a Bondsmith?

It doesn't make any sense!

None of it makes any sense!

So, if the Ba-Ado-Mishram is actually the Sibling... You must acquit.

...Joking aside, I think you are just picking up on the clear implication that Ba-Ado-Mishram somehow ties in with a deep power of Connection, though how that came to be for the first time only during the "False Desolation" is still a mystery. Suspiciously, it was after the death of Honor...

Edited by robardin

1 hour ago, Frustration said:

Around the death of Honor.

BAM had the Power for a long time before the Sibling was wounded, and the Sibling says that Honor was mad and unable to help them.

OK, that is more accurate, it was right before the Recreance happened - which event was also ascribed to Honor "dying" and "raving about the Dawnshards" instead of "supporting" that generation of Radiants when they discovered the truth (which evidently had happened before)

It is not a profoundly silly question.  Evidence points to no though.  Using cosmere linguistics Ba-Ado-Mishram's name seems to indicate something along the lines of "child of the light of Mishim"(Mishim being the moon Wit told his story about)

2 minutes ago, Karger said:

It is not a profoundly silly question.  Evidence points to no though.  Using cosmere linguistics Ba-Ado-Mishram's name seems to indicate something along the lines of "child of the light of Mishim"(Mishim being the moon Wit told his story about)

Child of the Light of Cultivation and Honor.

Mishim is Cultivation's moon, and Maram is an old word for Honor.

25 minutes ago, Karger said:

I don't recall that either.

I don't have the book on me right now, remind me if I haven't gotten it to you by tomorrow.

alternativly LewsTherinTelescope should have it.

Should be RoW chapter 31

Edited by Frustration