The hunt for Legend's

MacThorstenson

Mack was a Craftsman. He built weapons, gadgets, armor, and clothing then enchanted them with whatever magics he knew. His focus was on the Aon Dor, and it had served him well. A quick survey of the wall's of his workshop would reveal that. There were wands with pre-designed Aon spells carved into them, designed to do everything from watering the plants to shooting fireballs. There was a metal bunny statue, with a red button surrounded by Aons. There were cloaks of disguise or invisibility, and there was a suit of armor packed full of enough Aon tech that it could nearly stand up to a shard bearer. He was proud of his work, it had served him well.

At least until he came up against Mac, Voidus, and the rest of the DA. He shuddered as he remembered them. They were god's. Demonic beings who held power to rival the shards of Adonalsium in the palm of their hand. There was nothing that anyone could do against them. They had held this city under their firm control for millennia, and no one could do anything about it until they intentionally left the playing field. Voidus had gone and disappeared, so had the Stranger and Mac. Out of the three of them, Mac was the most likely to return, but that was unlikely. Furthermore, as he left the Stranger transformed the Universe into a different place. One without the DA's overarching presence. They had been weakened. 

Besides the 7 Day War, this was the only time in the history of the world that the DA had appeared even slightly stifled. That was a time of hero's. When the world had banded together and stood against the terrors of the DA. The very best and most powerful hero's had fought with all their power. But they were gone. It had been several decades, and unfortunately the hero job doesn't come with a long life expectancy. 

Mack looked up at the wall again, this time going higher, past his own creations and on to those of demigods. He saw his iceblade, signifying his allegiance to Queen Elsa Steelheart and her Icy courts. He saw an awakened blade, given to Mac for being an early member of the Ghostblood council. Unusable by him, but nonetheless powerful and impressive. He saw a rod of metal, glowing with the power of shardpools, and a scroll that contained knowledge and mysteries untold. These things weren't within his power to create or even replicate. He just didn't know enough about their construction and forging to replicate them, if had more samples he might be able to figure it out, but nothing had emerged from the 7 day war, or earlier. That is, until this evening. Turning around he looked at his desk, where he had found a slip of paper stashed in the Hall of Legends. On it there was this riddle:

17 myths around the verse

4 blades, in the hands of those trusted 

2 rings, lying on 2 lovers, forever separated 

1 deck of cards, used by the one you look at now

5 stones, buried in 5 guilds

3 sets of armor, hidden between three sets of spirits

1 band, hidden in luck

And a long forgotten metal, held by one who cannot be found, but instead one who everyone sees

The Rings, decks of cards, and sets of armor, had been found, or the trail confirmed dead. As well as one of the 5 stones. Yet the blades, band, metal, and 4 stones were still out there. Waiting to be found. Maybe he could find some of these, and maybe he could deconstruct them to make more so that eventually, when the guilds got heady, he would be ready to fight.

Hello people, this is the start of a small plot to find some fracking powerful toys from the days of the 7 day war. I am looking into wrapping up Nohadon's quest that he started 3 years ago and I abandoned 2 years ago. Anyone is welcome to join and contribute. While I have the original riddle and a few tidbits from talking with Nohadon, I am making up most of the rewards and their powers, as well as most of the encounters. I've tried to comb through his early posts and reconstruct this the best I can, but a lot was lost.

With regards to the current main alleyverse plot, I'm thinking we are gonna try and ignore that the best we can. I will have Mack remember everything and know that there is a forgery messing with the world, but I think part of the reason that the AV reboot failed 4-5 months ago is that there really isn't a logical way for our current hero's to fix the world. The DA's defenses are just too strong. So we will ignore it. Just like I do with my irl problems. 

I was unsure if I should provide a more obvious way to get into the plot. I eventually decided on waiting to see who was interested with it, and figuring out an encounter based on that. If you want to join, just post below and we can sort out a way to get everyone too meet up.

-Mac

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/4/2021 at 9:34 PM, MacThorstenson said:

but I think part of the reason that the AV reboot failed 4-5 months ago is that there really isn't a logical way for our current hero's to fix the world. The DA's defenses are just too strong. So we will ignore it. Just like I do with my irl problems. 

I think you're right, and also oof, you okay lol 

Anyway, is this still in the works? I'm contemplating giving the AV another shot. 

Another ghost popping in here. ^_^
…who says the heroes have to fix anything? Might be a sacrilegious thing for a TUBAist to suggest, however…perhaps the DA in their almightiness, playing god, got bored with the new world and fixed it themselves (those aware that there is what to fix, that is—I’m a little foggy on who exactly that’d be since it’s been…quite some time, but I’m sure someone’s capable.)