Little Intro

Atusiff

Hello! I’ve read a few sci/fi and fantasy books, and they are my favorite genre by far. I’ve read epics such as The Odyssey and Iliad (I want to look into Gilgamesh), I’ve read series such as Harry Potter, Artemia Fowl, Percy Jackson, and a few more. But after reading a few of Sanderson’s books he has become my favorite writer. I’ve read The Rithmatist, and am starting the Skyward series.

Apart from books, I enjoy spending time on the internet doing research on stuff, video editing, computer programming, and of course I do play videogames (but not too often). I also like to play board games (chess especially) and spend time with family and friends (including online friends).

That’s about all I can think of about me for now, I think I can come up with more if I spent more time on this, but I won’t.

So, I hope I will have a good time in the 17th Shard community!

5 minutes ago, Not an Ookla said:

Welcome to the Shard! Who's your least favorite and favorite characters?

Oh, I don’t have a least favorite yet, I love them all!

But my most favorite would be M-Bot from Skyward, I like the way Sanderson wrote him and the idea of an AI friend sounds awesome imo.

3 hours ago, Tani said:

Hi. I'm the crazy Tvora kid. Who are you?

Fadran explained what that was as I’ve no idea, and I just want to note I won’t be in the Fellowship of the Thing as I’m not into RP, but hi.

I’m a dude who goes to the same school as Fadran and is friends with him. My name’s John btw, if you wanna call me that.

On 10/3/2021 at 3:21 PM, Atusiff said:

Hello! I’ve read a few sci/fi and fantasy books, and they are my favorite genre by far. I’ve read epics such as The Odyssey and Iliad (I want to look into Gilgamesh), I’ve read series such as Harry Potter, Artemia Fowl, Percy Jackson, and a few more. But after reading a few of Sanderson’s books he has become my favorite writer. I’ve read The Rithmatist, and am starting the Skyward series.

Apart from books, I enjoy spending time on the internet doing research on stuff, video editing, computer programming, and of course I do play videogames (but not too often). I also like to play board games (chess especially) and spend time with family and friends (including online friends).

That’s about all I can think of about me for now, I think I can come up with more if I spent more time on this, but I won’t.

So, I hope I will have a good time in the 17th Shard community!

Have you read Fablehaven? Also what coding language are you learning? Are you using an engine, if so which one? do you play on chess.com?

Sorry for the torrent of questions, i enjoy a lot of what you said except i play WAY too many video games, and am not vert good at chess.

Just now, SzethTheHonorblade said:

Have you read Fablehaven? Also what coding language are you learning? Are you using an engine, if so which one? do you play on chess.com?

1. No, I’m afraid I haven’t heard of it :/

2. I’ve taken beginners classes on HTML/CSS and JS, and taught myself a bit of Python.

3. Using what a measly chromebook can do, Caret for html, Repl.it for JS, Pydroid 3 for Python. I might get a MacBook soon so I will switch to vscode if I get it :D

4. not really, I prefer lichess.org and real life chess