ShardlessVessel

What do we know about the Terris Dominance?

6 posts in this topic

I'm going to run a homebrew-ish (I'm using a flexible system) TTRPG campaign themed around Mistborn, and I want to use the Final Empire setting (to stick to the 10 early metals), but I don't want to mess with Luthadel or the main story. To have an excuse to have Ferrings and the like, I'm inventing a secret society based on the Terris Dominance and want to set the campaign on Tathingdwen, somewhere between 200 and 400 years before TFE.

How much is known about the Terris Dominance? All I know is that it's supposed to be mountainous and cold. Does anyone know of materials I could use as a guide to design the city and its outskirts?

P.S.: If this isn't the right place to make this post, please let me know.

The Mistborn tabletop roleplaying game (https://www.crafty-games.com/shop/mistborn-adventure-game/) has some info, and they released a supplementary book specifically about the Terris that would have more info: https://www.crafty-games.com/shop/terris-wrought-of-copper/

They're not always 100% canon, but they're approved by Brandon and tend to be pretty good.  Even if you don't want to run their system you can use the info and world building materials they've got.  I haven't read through my copy of Wrought of Copper in a while, so I can't remember specifically what they've got there, but someone else may remember more details.

Edit: the book description page mentions this, which sounds like it may be what you're looking for: 

...providing a detailed look at the history of the Terris Dominance and its people. Inside you’ll find a guide to the city of Tathingdwen, the heart of Terris society, as well as an exploration of both the secretive Terris Synod and the nascent Terris Resistance...

Edited by Jozomby
found some more info

The main take-away I recall from the MAG materials is that Tathingdwen is a Noble vacation spot - which I thought was an interesting element.  

On 2021/10/2 at 1:11 AM, Jozomby said:

They're not always 100% canon, but they're approved by Brandon and tend to be pretty good.  

I recently read from my copy of Wrought of Copper that TLR knew that he hadn't succeeded in eradicating Feruchamy. Rashek, along with some obligators and most inquisitors, was aware of the existence of not only the Feruchamists but the Terris Synod as well, and yet he forbade any attacks on them, thus causing consternation.

Has Brandon really agreed to this? While not directly contradicting with the original series, it doesn't make any sense, at least to me. Weren't Feruchamists the greatest threat to Rashek? Why would he leave them be?

By the way, thank you for your recommendation! Wrought of Copper is a true page-turner through which I learnt a lot more about Terris people and their history :)

On 11.10.2021 at 1:22 PM, Rashek's PR Manager said:

Has Brandon really agreed to this? While not directly contradicting with the original series, it doesn't make any sense, at least to me. Weren't Feruchamists the greatest threat to Rashek? Why would he leave them be?

He needed some to keep making Steel Inquisitors with full powers. Benefit vs. risk.