Kalak's letter or book

Pratyaksh

In epigraph of the 4th part of row kalak is telling someone to release ba aod.

Now this is curious as it implies someone knows where she is, right?

So who is kalak talking to?

If it is the humans he would have simply told this to adolin.

So it must either be ghostbloods or the singers right?

Edited by Pratyaksh

Yes, Kalak seemed aware that it was only a matter of time till someone found him, either the Fused or the Ghostbloods. It didn't seem to be addressed directly to any one person though it did seem to primarily be addressing the Fused, so I guess he assumed they would be the ones to find him.

2 hours ago, Pratyaksh said:

No but why did he say that release ba ado for everyones sake

Several clues were given to support that this is probably what’s best for Roshar and the spren.

It was after BAM’s capture that the Sibling lost their ability to create Towerlight, or rather their production of it is not like how it was before. This was shared by the Sibling during one of their conversations with Navani in RoW. 

Deadeyes were non-existent before her capture. Ancient Radiants can betray their oaths before but not like the present Radiants that “kill” their spren, creating deadeyes. This is before they swear their fifth Ideal, of course. Because by then, only death can break the Nahel bond. 

Slaveform or the form the Parshmen wore before the advent of the Everstorm was also created sometime after BAM’s exile. 

There was something in Mishram that also ripped something from Roshar, the spren, and the Singers when she was imprisoned. Now, observe that all the effects I’ve mentioned apply only to the native inhabitants of Roshar. I’m not sure if there are any direct effects to humans after this event but it was theorized that Mishram was the reason why the Recreance happened in the first place. And it just made a lot more sense since we’ve found out that the supposed “betrayal” of the ancient Knights Radiant was actually a consensual choice between the Radiants and their spren. This is an indirect effect to the humans but a huge blow, nevertheless.

But to answer your question, maybe because Kalak is a Herald, a crazy one I know, but he probably knows more since he’s lived for millennia already. He knows the answer as to why and, also, Brandon. But the clues are there, we’re just not getting the whole picture yet. And it starts with what or who is BAM before she was Unmade. We’ll probably find out in book 5. 

Edited by Truthwatcher94
Appropriate pronouns

5 hours ago, Honorless said:

Yes, Kalak seemed aware that it was only a matter of time till someone found him, either the Fused or the Ghostbloods. It didn't seem to be addressed directly to any one person though it did seem to primarily be addressing the Fused, so I guess he assumed they would be the ones to find him.

I mean, Shallan and Friends told him that they were sent by the Ghostbloods to kill him iirc. So he knew that they knew where he was and wanted him dead. 

51 minutes ago, Zoey said:

I mean, Shallan and Friends told him that they were sent by the Ghostbloods to kill him iirc. So he knew that they knew where he was and wanted him dead. 

He appeared to have been writing the book during the hearing, before meeting Shallan

What BAM(and the rest of the unmade) actually is along with their creation and why it was important are currently unknown(although we have some hints).  What we do know is that the imprisonment of BAM by the last group of radiants around two thousand years ago had some rather dramatic effects on roshar.  Kelek is hinting that those effects were not a one off and that the damage remains which seems to be why he is advocating for her release.  Heralds are of course not trustworthy people these days so if he is right is a different story but the spren are all part of roshar's ecology.  I personally cannot imagining summarily removing one to have been good for the world as a whole.