[Theory] Ba Ado Mishram is the Almost-Herald that Taln Replaced

teknopathetic

We know that Taln was not meant to be a herald and instead ended up becoming one (Ash says this). If there was someone who was supposed to be a herald but didnt end up doing that, what happened to them?

We also see that Ba Ado Mishram is treated as being quite different from the other unMade. Could Ba Ado Mishram be an unmade herald equivalent? 

And lastly, at the end of RoW, a herald speaks quit familiarly about "Mishram". While Heralds often knew Odium's spren quite well (likely during time on Braize), would they have had much opportunity to get to know Unmade?

____

Theory: Mishram decided to join Odium and became corrupted, thus freeing up a spot for Taln to join the heralds when the heralds made their deal. 

Wants: I would love for Mishram to be related to Ashe in some way (sister, mother, cousin, anything).

Edited by teknopathetic

1 minute ago, teknopathetic said:

We know that Taln was not meant to be a herald and instead ended up becoming one (Ash says this). If there was someone who was supposed to be a herald but didnt end up doing that, what happened to them?

We also see that Ba Ado Mishram is treated as being quite different from the other unMade. Could Ba Ado Mishram be an unmade herald equivalent? 

And lastly, at the end of RoW, a herald speaks quit familiarly about "Mishram". While Heralds often knew Odium's spren quite well (likely during time on Braize), would they have had much opportunity to get to know Unmade?

____

Theory: Mishram decided to join Odium and became corrupted, thus freeing up a spot for Taln to join the heralds when the heralds made their deal. 

Wants;:I would love for Mishram to be related to Ashe in some way (sister, mother, cousin, anything).

I had a similar idea, but for the Midnight Mother, Re-Shaphir.  I assumed that she was someone (not sure who) that Odium ripped apart the soul of to make them into an unmade.  I don't know if they were supposed to be a herald or not, but it's an interesting idea.  It was just a theory, but I thought that was what all of the unmade were, similar to people like Amaram who had been promised great power.  

Also doesn't fit with what we know of Unmaking from RoW, where a Spren could be filled with Odium's Investiture to Unmake them.  Also, from what I understand, the Heralds were alive when they created the Oathpact.  It seems from what we know it is only possible to Unmake a spren.  While the Heralds could be considered spren, it also seems as though the Oathpact protects them since none were unmade in years of torture.

• 1 month later...
On 9/29/2021 at 4:28 PM, Letryx13 said:

I had a similar idea, but for the Midnight Mother, Re-Shaphir.  I assumed that she was someone (not sure who) that Odium ripped apart the soul of to make them into an unmade.  I don't know if they were supposed to be a herald or not, but it's an interesting idea.  It was just a theory, but I thought that was what all of the unmade were, similar to people like Amaram who had been promised great power.  

Re-shaphir seemed to be heavily implied to be a former human who was attempting to recreate what she once was in her conflict with shallan.

Just now, Frustration said:

I got the exact oposite vibe, she didn't understand humans but really wanted to.

I could be wrong but I remember you hat shallan got the impression of like recapturing or reclaiming something or like re-shaphir wanted something back.

Just now, Valigus said:

I could be wrong but I remember you hat shallan got the impression of like recapturing or reclaiming something or like re-shaphir wanted something back.

Re-shephir was scared of being captured again, because she had been captured by a lightweaver before.

Just now, Frustration said:

Re-shephir was scared of being captured again, because she had been captured by a lightweaver before.

Yeah I remember that but I remember it being in the context of her mimicry of people, I don’t have a physical book on me or I’d try and find it, I could be wrong but I though there was something that implied she may have been human before.

1 minute ago, Valigus said:

Yeah I remember that but I remember it being in the context of her mimicry of people, I don’t have a physical book on me or I’d try and find it, I could be wrong but I though there was something that implied she may have been human before.

You mean this?

Re-Shepher

"Over time, slowly, she'd become increasingly intrigued by the things she murdered." -Oathbringer 309

4 hours ago, Valigus said:

I think this is what you’re thinking of:

There was a deeper mystery beyond that, a wisp of something she’d glimpsed while intertwined with Re-Shephir. It made Shallan wonder if this spren wasn’t merely trying to understand humankind, but rather searching for something it itself had lost.