SzethTheHonorblade

I Need Some Help

7 posts in this topic

I have some ideas for a book but i need some feed back on whether it is good enough to start writing or if it needs work.

What’s the premise?

Uh well...

I am basing the universe of the Cosmere and slowly making it my own, but the gist is that the universe is full is these layers or other realms sorta stacked on one an other, like the first image. Travel is sometimes permitted sometimes not. I can't describe the next bit yet, so the second image is vaguely what the separate realms look like. The center sphere is where people can travel from one set of realms to another. Realms can shift and move.

so that is the basic universe, now for the magic. The idea is that each layer/realm has a certain amount and kind of power. when a realm moves it alters both the world it leaves and the world it joins.

So that is the premise.

Yeah, I have specific book ideas but i want to know if that is good.Untitled.png.01c539790bfe5ed46952558e29e1291f.pngUntitled.png.01c539790bfe5ed46952558e29e1291f.png

realms around center point.png

I think that sounds awesome! But as with most things, it will come down to execution. It took Brandon over a decade before he was able to write a marketable book, and a further decade before he was able to get Way of Kings to work. Maybe you should start with a handful of short stories set in these realms, and work your way up to the main stories.

Ok cool!

would you mine if i piched my book ideas then?

If you ask Brandon, he says you should just write it reguardless of how good it is, because very rarely is your first book going to be good, but you need the practice of writing.

Edited by Frustration

On 10/10/2021 at 7:58 AM, Frustration said:

If you ask Brandon, he says you should just write it reguardless of how good it is, because very rarely is your first book going to be good, but you need the practice of writing.

I agree with Brandon, and if it is Cosmere based start in the fan fiction section where you can get feedback as you go.

I have already published one book, am working on at least two more and have some fan fics on this forum started to hone my skill and draw a potential audience. So I would say just do it that will be step one. Get written permission to publish any cosmere related or based material elsewhere from Brandon. Then tell people about it (that's the hard part).