Karger

Finally! A workable body theory.

29 posts in this topic

On 4.10.2021 at 8:32 AM, Karger said:

Tensoon seemed fully aware(he sympathized with Koloss).  The reason TLR made the spikes is because kandra that considered themselves bound by the first contract could of course not kill humans.

They could have bought them. The Kandra were incredibly wealthy. And not stupid. So they eventually concluded that they and the Koloss were basically created by the same technology. That does not mean that they know how precisely it needs to be done.

Did he though?  As I see it the problems he developed were really always the same.  He was like a construction company that kept propping up the same rotting wooden bridge instead of knocking it down and replacing it with a steel one.  His solutions were often complex but they were never elegant and he never really learned.  In fact if I had to sum up his character it would be "he was smart but he never learned."

He was in a bind. He had not recorded the original orbit. And what if he moved the planet back and the Deepness came back a few months later and he had no more well? We do not know when he fully understood the conflict between Preservation and Ruin. In fact, did he?

I honestly think that either Harmony got rid of them all when he remade the world or that some population of them exists somewhere 300 years later.  I think they reproduce asexually so it would only take one.  I also think Saze would hesitate to extinct a population of creatures that used to be his own people.

Indeed. You may find an island that has a few left. But in general? I am afraid a hyena is as good, if not better a scavenger than a Mistwraith and they are subject to evolution. If they are outcompeted in their niche, they will die out.

Kelsier absolutely got a mistwraith to consume his bones, then spiked himself into said mistwraith to replace its mind with his. Then he recreated his body, scars and all, gained some feruchemical powers (but probably not all of them. At first) and went down to save the Southern Scadrians and become their god.

rxience (paraphrased)

Would a single spike be sufficient to staple a Cognitive Shadow to a mistwraith?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

Yes, that could happen.

rxience (paraphrased)

Did that happen in the past?

That's a RAFO, I'm afraid. Who are you thinking about?

rxience (paraphrased)

Kelsier of course!

Well, he is somehow in the Physical Realm. And he does look like himself, doesn't he?

Berlin signing (May 14, 2019)

Now, BrandoSando doesn't outright say that Kelsier stapled his soul to a mistwraith, but he basically says it. That's how his new body looks like his original. Because Kell knows what his body should look like and Mistwraiths instinctively know how to make bodies. Combine that information and boom. Kelsier can look like himself. With a metal spike in one eye, but hey. Nobody's perfect.

I will admit, the theories yall brought up about mistwraiths having latent Feruchemical abilities are pretty sick and I like them a lot. I think that the reason Kelsier entering a Mistwraiths body might give him Feruchemy while kandra are missing it is because of the fact that he's Mistborn. He has a greater levels of innate investiture and that might "awaken" the latent Feruchemical talents within a mistwraith's body. Maybe. I will freely admit I'm kinda spitballing here.

Edited by Wandering Shade
Cleaning up extra spaces

10 hours ago, Wandering Shade said:

Kelsier absolutely got a mistwraith to consume his bones, then spiked himself into said mistwraith to replace its mind with his. Then he recreated his body, scars and all, gained some feruchemical powers (but probably not all of them. At first) and went down to save the Southern Scadrians and become their god.

Sometimes the correct answer is the simplest one.

Now, BrandoSando doesn't outright say that Kelsier stapled his soul to a mistwraith, but he basically says it. That's how his new body looks like his original. Because Kell knows what his body should look like and Mistwraiths instinctively know how to make bodies. Combine that information and boom. Kelsier can look like himself. With a metal spike in one eye, but hey. Nobody's perfect.

It is a bit of a coy answer, isn't it.

I will admit, the theories yall brought up about mistwraiths having latent Feruchemical abilities are pretty sick and I like them a lot. I think that the reason Kelsier entering a Mistwraiths body might give him Feruchemy while kandra are missing it is because of the fact that he's Mistborn. He has a greater levels of innate investiture and that might "awaken" the latent Feruchemical talents within a mistwraith's body. Maybe. I will freely admit I'm kinda spitballing here.

(emphasis added)

Or it might be that the added investiture/bond with Kelsier's shadow "heals" the blockage that TLR put in the Mistwraiths to prevent them from using Feruchemy? Or, while it may not literally reverse that blockage, the bond provides a new pathway that allows the Feruchemical abilities to be accessed again?

14 hours ago, Wandering Shade said:

Now, BrandoSando doesn't outright say that Kelsier stapled his soul to a mistwraith, but he basically says it.

Sadly Brandon likes to troll us.  Unless he actually confirms the answer I don't think a RAFO with a wink confirms much of anything.