Wheel of Time Funnies

Mage

Like the title says, this is the place to post anything funny with the wheel of time. It can be funny moments in the books, quotes, or memes and puns. I have found a disturbing lack of such things elsewhere on the internet, so I think this would be a good place to rectify that.

Also, spoilers for the whole series.

I thought of a funny pun earlier this week, but forgot it, so instead I'll kick us off with some memes I made

spoilered for size

Spoiler

mat_aessedai.png.3a4369cbff2684fa4134a5b3ba44bcf9.png

verin_darkfriend.png.63b637d0763e5466ff9c1dba722b6549.png

• 3 weeks later...

A joke long in the telling, celebrating that ever present character that's always putting everyone back in there place.

The Dragon Reborn, an Aes Sedai of the Red Ajah, and a Seanchan Truthspeaker of short stature walk into an Inn's common room.

The Dragon Reborn calls for a mug of ale, but before the Innkeeper can bring him one he channels, and a frosty mug of ale flies into his hand.

The Red Sister, looking very pale, shouts, "I'm not afraid of you!".

And a little Voice says, "No you're not afraid, you're terrified!"

13 hours ago, Hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

The Dragon Reborn, an Aes Sedai of the Red Ajah, and a Seanchan Truthspeaker of short stature walk into an Inn's common room.

The Dragon Reborn calls for a mug of ale, but before the Innkeeper can bring him one he channels, and a frosty mug of ale flies into his hand.

The Red Sister, looking very pale, shouts, "I'm not afraid of you!".

And a little Voice says, "No you're not afraid, you're terrified!"

This joke rings a bell, but I can't quite place it. That last quote is something Lews Therin said in Rand's head right? Mind explaining to those of us for whom it has been a little while?

1 hour ago, Mage said:

This joke rings a bell, but I can't quite place it. That last quote is something Lews Therin said in Rand's head right? Mind explaining to those of us for whom it has been a little while?

During almost every character POV, and especially in Nynaeve's chapters, there is invariably a point where the character's internal "little voice" tells them that they are doing the opposite of what they think they are doing, it's basically how Robert Jordan rights out characters' self doubts.

• 1 month later...

So I showed the show to some friends who have never read the books, and they really like it which is awesome, but we were coming up with acronyms for all the different characters.

Lan: Legendary Asian Ninja

Rand: Redhead antisimp noble dude. (antisimp because he and Egwene are drifting apart in the show as of episode 4)

Mat: Manly alone time. (Not sure where this one came from.)

Perrin: Perfectly Exquisite Really Really Interesting Nihilist

Egwene: (not an acronym, but) Egwana, like the lizard thing

Moraine: Motherly or rambunctious actually intelligent nice expediciant.

Most of these make zero sense, but I thought they might be a little bit funny.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...