mesa_blues.mp3

Spoiler

Thing.mp3

Thing.mp3

Spoiler
Spoiler

"Ashes"

voice.wav

Thank you so much to everyone who entered a submission!

As a reminder:

On 9/21/2021 at 7:32 AM, xinoehp512 said:

Each person can vote for three submissions. The submissions must all be different. You cannot vote for your own submission. Votes should be PM'd to me within a day.

@Aspiring Writer

@Experience

@The Unknown Order

@Zephrun's Imperium

@Frustration

@Mage

@Knight of Iron

@Isabelle6060

@Mystic Syn

@Condensation

Edited by xinoehp512

Since I feel like it and nobody’s stopping me, I’ll give my general comments on the submissions, because I can and feel like it. And no, this is not giving my votes on the thingies, just general thoughts.

“I Will Unite”: Danggggggg, those are some great high notes! Your voice is very pleasing for me to hear, whomever submitted this. It was short, yes, but very powerful, and I loved every second of it.

“Nuvole Bianche”: I’ve heard this song many and I mean many times, but this is a really great cover of the otherwise simple piece! I mean, yes, I am a pianist and can hear a few stumbles here and there, but that’s what makes it great to me, knowing that someone is playing it and is not edited from what I can tell.

“Peace in Christ”: Anybody that knows me irl knows that this piece is one that always gets me to cry, especially when I sing it. I loved how you mixed the vocal and piano part! I’ve dabbled with it in the past, but never made a good recording of it. This is a beautiful recording, and please know that you did a wonderful job, even if you think you might not have.

“Mesa Blues”: Ngl, the voice at the beginning scared me for a second. But I love myself some good bass blues. It didn’t take me long to start snapping along to the beat, and that barely happens nowadays. I haven’t the faintest idea what the song is or if it’s an original piece, but dang boi, you did a great job, whoever submitted this piece!

“Thing”: First of all: The name is the best thing I’ve read in a long time. Second: This is a really good piece! I don’t know if it’s original or not, ‘cause the name is throwing me off a bit, but it’s really well done. It sounds like your piano is a bit out of tune, or my ears just need some checking, but either than that, it’s a really solid piece and I loved the heck out of listening to it.

“Luma”: At first, I was scared to see this, because I was thinking that this is from Super Mario Galaxy, and I was right. It took me a bit to figure out how to even listen to it cos iPad likes to screw me up sometimes, but this is a really good cover of a song from my childhood! Yeah, a few stumbles, but I liked how you still pushed forward as much as you could, whoever submitted this! I also can’t say I’ve heard a cover of the song like that before >.>

“Ashes”: Omgg, I absolutely adore your voice! You have such a soothing voice, not to mention how well the song fits your range! I’ve never heard the song in my existence on this planet, but it’s a dang good piece. Kind of a spinning feel, like on a merry-go-round. I dunno if that was what you were going for, person that submitted this, but you nailed that feel very well!

The second round has concluded!
Congratulations to @Zephrun's Imperium and @WrathofaShardKitten for tying for first place with "I Will Unite" and "Ashes", respectively!
Congratulations to @Mage, @Channelknight Fadran, and @Mystic Syn for tying for third place with "Mesa Blues", "Thing.mp3", and "Luma", respectively!

The current standings are as follows.

1. @Zephrun's Imperium: 8 votes
  2. @Aspiring Writer: 7 votes
  3. @Experience: 7 votes
  4. @The Unknown Order: 5 votes
  5. @Mage: 5 votes
  6. @Mystic Syn: 4 votes
  7. @WrathofaShardKitten: 4 votes
  8. @Frustration: 3 votes
  9. @Channelknight Fadran: 3 votes
  10. @Knight of Iron: 2 votes
  11. @Isabelle6060: 2 votes
  12. @Condensation: 1 vote
Third Round: Narrative
For all of human history, we have shared stories and tales with each other; along with simple tunes, they are the most transmissible art. At first, stories were told orally - sometime with music, sometimes with some accompanying visual performance. Later, they were written down on paper. Today, there are more ways to create and share stories than ever before.

In this round, you will be creating a narrative. There are no limitations on format, beyond that it should be experienceable by everyone. If you have limitations on what you are able to view (downloads, visiting other websites, etc.) please share them now.

Get creating!

I will declare that you must create something new for this round. Iconar would be discouraged regardless, as you have already shared it on the Shard, but you are correct that whole novels are not exactly what I am looking for.

Remember that submissions must be experienceable by all voters. An overly large submission would not be experienceable to all voters within the submission period. 

3 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

I will declare that you must create something new for this round. Iconar would be discouraged regardless, as you have already shared it on the Shard, but you are correct that whole novels are not exactly what I am looking for.

Remember that submissions must be experienceable by all voters. An overly large submission would not be experienceable to all voters within the submission period. 

Thanks for the clarification! It will take some time for me to write up something since I draft stuff and have school on top of that, and I’ve been working on a different piece of writing, so best of luck to y’all and maybe you’ll get something from me~

6 minutes ago, Zephrun's Imperium said:

Just a heads up, I’m not even going to read anyone’s if it’s longer than five pages…. That’s why the deadline isn’t that long. I already finished mine.

But how much is five pages? It varies quite a bit.

To be helpful for others, I expect mine to be around 2000 words, which according to google is about three and a half pages.